Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-02-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
top dawg
Water Boy

Member Number: 12777
Default Panthers-Steelers fan says "hello." Debunks Warner No Review Myth.

First off, let me congratulate everyone in Steel Town. I lived in the North Hills area for a bit more than 20 years ago. I worked at the Eat n' Park for a summer (worse job I ever had) Anyway, I am a Steelers fan, though I have to say that I am conflicted at times and do acknowledge my favorite team as being the Carolina Panthers. Sorry, but I was born in Carolina, raised all over, but moved back to Carolina in 1992 before the Panthers existed and, being a Carolina native, I was ecstatic when the NFL landed in North Carolina. Even still, I have been a Steelers fan for over 30 years now, and my avatar includes my Steelers GIII (as well as my Georgia gear) to prove it.

What made me finally decide to join this forum tonight is the hatorade that's going around because of the supposed lack of review on the last play. The Carolina Huddle, blogs, and other team message boards are filled with haters crying about the fact that the Warner fumble was not reviewed. I just thought that I'd make Steeler Nation aware of the link that proves this myth false.

Link

I am just ecstatic about this victory. I told all of the blind and deaf people on the other forum to keep the Hatorade flowing, because it's amusing me to no end. I didn't know that there were SO MANY haters. They have to be Cowboy fans, right? Anyway.

Enjoy a fair and well deserved, unequaled sixth Super Bowl! I am!
top dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #2
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Re: Panthers-Steelers fan says "hello." Debunks Warner No Review Myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by top dawg View Post
I am just ecstatic about this victory. I told all of the blind and deaf people on the other forum to keep the Hatorade flowing, because it's amusing me to no end. I didn't know that there were SO MANY haters. They have to be Cowboy fans, right?
Or a Patriots fan.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Welcome and thanks for the link, but I already knew it was reviewed and so does anyone else who possesses anything beyond a rudimentary knowledge of the game and without a conspiracy theorist/hater axe to grind. Just because they didn't deliberate over it for a half an hour doesn't mean it wasn't reviewed. It's the goddamn Super Bowl - of COURSE they're gonna review it!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

thanks for the post.. these days all anyone wants to do is shout out conspiracy theories and blame refs.. its become a ritual after every single close game. the stupid thing about this one is that it was the correct call.. everyone keeps whining for an officials review.. but for what? the call on the field was correct and wasnt getting overturned. why are people making such a big deal over it is beyond me. they must have all watched the game on 19 inch black and white tvs, because in HD, you could clearly see the ball come loose as soon as woodley touched it.

then again we did just won more super bowls than any team in history, so i would expect some jealousy and bitterness. lol
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

I checked out the link anyway - yeah, it's really gonna help our cause with the whiners, especially this part:

Quote:
The Cardinals had a difficult night with the officials. They were penalized 11 times for 106 yards. On one Steelers drive that ended with a field goal, Arizona was called for three personal fouls. The Cardinals also had to challenge two blown calls by the refs one on a Ben Roethlisberger run that was initially ruled a touchdown, the other on an earlier incompletion that was initially ruled a fumble.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #6
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

I have been surfing the net on various message boards for a few hours to get reaction to the game. Man, your are so right about the hatorade in terms of the play at the end. Even the buffons calling the game for NBC stated the play was a fumble from the NFL review booth upstairs. So what else do you want? Funny, I don't hear a peep in regards to the two bullshit points the Cardinals got from these whiners

The level of Steeler's hatred is unreal. Pure jeolousy.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:39 AM   #7
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I checked out the link anyway - yeah, it's really gonna help our cause with the whiners, especially this part:
Didn't the Cards win these 2 challenges, meaning that they were rewarded with a 3rd challenge? What difference did it make anyways?

The fact that the Cards started off this game with all these penalties showed how unprepared they may have been-it was as if playing in the national spotlight like this overwhelmed them. I mean when was the last time a Super Bowl team committed 10 or so penalties? If anything, the SB officials generally let alot of things slide unless it's blatantly obvious.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #8
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
I have been surfing the net on various message boards for a few hours to get reaction to the game. Man, your are so right about the hatorade in terms of the play at the end. Even the buffons calling the game for NBC stated the play was a fumble from the NFL review booth upstairs. So what else do you want? Funny, I don't hear a peep in regards to the two bullshit points the Cardinals got from these whiners

The level of Steeler's hatred is unreal. Pure jeolousy.
Which is why I've avoided the Dallas boards all day today. The fans there are usually pretty objective, but I've gotten alot of flack for trying to be objective about the Steelers in alot of their "The refs are biased towards the Steelers" threads.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:43 AM   #9
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
Didn't the Cards win these 2 challenges, meaning that they were rewarded with a 3rd challenge?
Yes they did, but the article conveniently neglected to mention that part, instead focusing on the Cardinals having to challenge two "blown" calls by the officials, which only gives the whiners more to bitch about in their minds. It also focused on their "rough night" with the refs and their eleven penalties, but not a word about our seven penalties including the bullshit holding call on Hartwig that gave them two points and a free kick.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #10
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

What a bunch of whiners and haters. Let them hate all they want because I am going to enjoy our six pack. Oh and by the way, it was still a fumble anyway.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote