Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Best Season Ever

i havent been around as long as some on here to see the 70s teams. but i have never seen a better and more exciting season than this one.

2004 was amazing with the 15-1 record and the big ben hype; but it all came crashing down in the end.

2005 had a shaky stretch in the middle of the season that made a lot of us very upset and raised a lot of doubt. but of course we came through in the end with a run for the agest and won one for the thumb and for the bus.

2008, every other week was a prime time game against the top teams in the league and came down to the final minutes.. i was exhausted after almost every game because of the tension each brought. i said before the season that this was going to be a tough season, but it was going to be fun with all the huge match ups and prime time games. even in our losses we were in it in every 4th quarter and never got blown out. all the 4th quarter comebacks and last minute wins, the stellar defense, and of course the super bowl made this the best season in steelers history. i couldnt have asked for more as a fan.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 AM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,697 Times in 1,767 Posts
Default Re: Best Season Ever

I don't know about the best season ever, but who here after looking at the schedule before the season started thought this would happen.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
2005 had a shaky stretch in the middle of the season that made a lot of us very upset and raised a lot of doubt. but of course we came through in the end with a run for the agest and won one for the thumb and for the bus.
FWIW-on the day the CCGs were played, I was on my way back home to New Orleans from Mexico via Houston, By the time the AFCCG was wrapping up, I got my seat on the plane, and coincidentally a much-travelled businessman also happened to be a Steelers fan born in Pitt, and living in Georgia.

Anyhow-he commented to me how he thought BR missing time with injuries almost screwed up their season, otherwise, they prolly would have had either the #1 or #2 seed. We had a long talk about football, and had a good time at that, and he seemed very knowledgeable to boot. And somehow, he was able to get SB tickets in Detroit right away as well.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
FWIW-on the day the CCGs were played, I was on my way back home to New Orleans from Mexico via Houston, By the time the AFCCG was wrapping up, I got my seat on the plane, and coincidentally a much-travelled businessman also happened to be a Steelers fan born in Pitt, and living in Georgia.

Anyhow-he commented to me how he thought BR missing time with injuries almost screwed up their season, otherwise, they prolly would have had either the #1 or #2 seed. We had a long talk about football, and had a good time at that, and he seemed very knowledgeable to boot. And somehow, he was able to get SB tickets in Detroit right away as well.
that injury nearly cost us the super bowl.. it took him some time to get back into game form, and we were one loss from missing out on the playoffs. that season just didnt have the consistency that this one had though.. we never lost consecutive games all season.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Very exciting and fun season to witness and of course no better way to end it than with a Super Bowl victory. No question it will be another season to remember.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 AM   #6
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

I have all the Super Bowl's on DVD and watched all of them more than once over the past two weeks. I can say without a doubt, that this was one of the most amazing seasons in Steelers history.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:22 AM   #7
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,162 Times in 1,343 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

This season wille go down as one of the best in my books I thought we might make the playoffs with the scedule we had but they came together and made playes all season long and came out with a superbowl victory.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Similar to the 1979 Steelers who were the last team of all draft picks and they won the SB. Injuries prevailed for both teams and clutch passes won the SB each time.

This 2008-09 SB XLIII Team ranks right there with the best of the 1970s. Very unconventional and not pretty at times, but lots of heart and the absolute Joe Greene style 'Will to Win'.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote