Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
steelerfan821
Water Boy

Member Number: 11743
Default steelers secondary!

the steelers secondary gave up over 350 yards last night. yes warner is a good qb with great targets.

My concern is this....

Ike Taylor is a good shutdown corner but cant do it all. He stayed with Fitzgerald pretty well.

Mcfadden had a good start to the year but the broken arm slowed him down. I dont see him resigning because he will go for the money.

Townsend is old but still reliable as the nickle corner....

Gay looked good but is not fast enough to keep up with many receivers in the nfl. he may start next year but its not sure yet.

Clark has played great this year and his coverage has much improved.

troy has been sick in coverage but he has strayed away from blitzing and playin the line of scrimage.

Surely the steelers will not spend much money in the free agency for a cb will they draft one in lets say the 3rd or 4th round. it might be good too but they definatly need that number 2 corner to help the steeler defense.
steelerfan821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: steelers secondary!

If B Mac leaves, which I think he will, I see them drafting a CB in round 3 or 4. hopefully we get that second 3rd rounder for faneca

I don't like it, but it'll probably happen

I've been on Gay's bandwagon all year, and I believe he can start. but wouldn't mind some nice competition from a new corner. Really, how much does deshea have left?

Again, this is all if bryant isn't resigned
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Does anyone else feel Roy Lewis could compete for a CB spot in 2009? I think he could be a decent CB if given the chance. But I do agree that if we lose McFadden then that will be a priority in the draft as well this off season.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Does anyone else feel Roy Lewis could compete for a CB spot in 2009? I think he could be a decent CB if given the chance. But I do agree that if we lose McFadden then that will be a priority in the draft as well this off season.
Maybe not 2009, but he did show enough potential to be considered for the future

He was even elevated to the main roster at one point I believe. That says something about him even if it was because of injuries.

Fernando Bryant is gone . he got his ring though, maybe he'll retire now, lol
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This reminds me a bit of the year the Browns lit us up for like 450 yards, and everybody panicked. The Steelers fixed the problem the following year.

I think yesterday was a bit of a fluke. We are not going to see many teams try to pass on us 50 times again, and the teams that do will not have all the weapons the Cards bring to bear. I think we'll be okay...
Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,247 Times in 627 Posts

Take away that Fitzgerald 64 yard TD and he has 57 yards in that game. AND, that first TD he caught was amazing coverage by Ike and a great drop. YES, watch that play closely and then tip of the ball hits the ground. I am really surprised no one said anything about it.

Even patricks TD catch was amazing, these bastards catch balls with players literally blocking the ball.

The Secondary played awesome and I do not blame them for anything. Cards played well also, gotta give them that.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Mags87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12016

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Take away that Fitzgerald 64 yard TD and he has 57 yards in that game. AND, that first TD he caught was amazing coverage by Ike and a great drop. YES, watch that play closely and then tip of the ball hits the ground. I am really surprised no one said anything about it.

Even patricks TD catch was amazing, these bastards catch balls with players literally blocking the ball.

The Secondary played awesome and I do not blame them for anything. Cards played well also, gotta give them that.
i was sayin that it hit the ground too, but his feet were down by then and possibly his knee. it was a TD. what impressed me the most is that Taylor knocked it out of his hands but Fitzgerald still ended up catching it. that was sick
Mags87 is offline   Reply With Quote