Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-02-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796
Default Re: Why? Some Eagle fans are idiots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
Both the Eagles fans AND the Philly sports media are the biggest kool-aid drinkers in all of sports. Every offseason/TC, they act like they have 22 Pro Bowlers and are locks to win the Super Bowl...which is why whenever they come up short, it gives me at least some satisfaction, especially if my team stinks it up-plus they go from intimidating other fanbases to fighting amongst themselves. With the Redskins and Giants, at least there's some mutual respect shared among our fanbases.

BTW-it's also laughable when they think just beating the Cowboys is their Super Bowl. OTOH-when we beat the Eagles, it's just that...ONLY another win.
What the hell are you talking about? Every September, ESPN has the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl, Romo is the next Troy Aikman, and Dallas has the parade already planned. By December, we're talking about Romo's various girlfriends and vacations and what asshole criminal locker room cancer Jerry is going to sign next.

Seems to me that Cowboys get way more Kook Aid that the Eagles ever see....

CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoJon View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Every September, ESPN has the Cowboys going to the Super Bowl, Romo is the next Troy Aikman, and Dallas has the parade already planned. By December, we're talking about Romo's various girlfriends and vacations and what asshole criminal locker room cancer Jerry is going to sign next.

Seems to me that Cowboys get way more Kook Aid that the Eagles ever see....

I know(yeah-the national sports media seems to have a pro-Cowboys bias in the offseason sans Skip Bayless). However-it's Philly's local media that tends to be too biased towards their teams before their seasons start.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

Philly fans make me sick.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

I've gotten nothing but respect and congrats and comments such as "Wish the Eagles had a QB that could do that!".

You just must work with a bunch of Aholes.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #15
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I live out here in Birdyland too. All of my Eagle friend's though gave me congratulations on our win. They wished it had been the birds in the super bowl with us.

Only one person said anything negative about our win and it wasn't that big a deal.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

see? i was rooting for Philly to make it to the Super Bowl. i wanted that Keystone Bowl more than anything, but leave it up to McNabb to blow the game and leave Philadelphia fans with a bitter taste in their face. i know A LOT of Eagles fans on North Western PA and i respect them for sticking by their team. but if they want to be THAT bitter...then they should join forces with the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens Nation and protest to the NFL how awesome we are. =)

there is ALWAYS some assh*le trying to be the downer of ANY situation in life. i asked so many people at work if they watched the game and most did. "what did you think?" i asked. and they said "eh! it could've been better!" i was just shocked an thought to myself, you take the time to watch the big game and it was by far one of the best Super Bowls ever and all you can say is "eh!" i just don't get how people just can't be happy anymore. they always have to be sarcastic and miserbale pricks when it comes to sports...and hell, life in general. nobody can ever TRULY be happy for you.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #17
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

While all the other fans are bitching and moaning about our 6th superbowl win, the Steelers are already preparing to win a seventh.

Ssucks to be a fan of the other teams.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #18
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
While all the other fans are bitching and moaning about our 6th superbowl win, the Steelers are already preparing to win a seventh.

Ssucks to be a fan of the other teams.
it does suck to be fans of other teams indeed. but what makes it worse is when those fans of the other teams are your friends or famliy. it's a nice mix between "shold i bust their chops or should i let it go?" i tend to lean more towards the busting of the chops because if you want to hang with me and you can't take it that we've got the best tea around...piss off or deal with it.

i know we ALL complain when things go bad too and we all have our little bugga boos about how the games should go from week to week. but atleast we have a winning franchise and we have lots of love for our team and our fellow fans. i don't know another bunch of fans of a franchise who could really say that. which is why i LOVE being a Steeler fan. as different as we are from one another, we are all the same in our hearts and who we represent and we represent greatness with the team we cheer for. most people can't get behind that because they secretly dislike their own team and they want more. like i said, nobody can ever truly be happy. ever.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
When people speak with so much venom and hatred, its root cause is usually JEALOUSY. True fans of the game of football recognize, admire and respect a team like the Pittsburgh Steelers...what they have accomplished over the years. Hang in there! They are giving you a hard time because they know it will get you ticked off and upset..don't give them the satisfaction of letting them know it does.
Gal nailed it. Tell these Egos clowns to build a bridge and get over it.
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #20
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

My soon to be ex-wife is a big Eagles fan... can't wait to say something when I see her to get our taxes done.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote