Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12135
Default Congrats Steelers Fans

Gotta first offer my congrats to Steeler Nation... 6 titles is truly an amazing accomplishment. In his own, unique style, Ben did it again... The guy is simply a straight, pure winner...
I do need to make a few points though:

- Harrison: Should've been ejected for his antics and personal foul call... Classless move for sure...

- The Cards offense moved the ball in ways no other team had against the Steeler defense. Warner threw for nearly 400 yards, hit a passer rating of 112, a completion % of 72%... Our WR's did what so many here thought they couldn't...

- Taylor did a very nice job on Fitz, better than anyone else had all year. Still, Fitz pulled in 7 catched for nearly 130 yards...

- Did Clark, Troy, or anyone else "knock out" a Cardinal??

- Was that really roughing the passer on Dansby?

Anyway, this is your board and you guys had every right to talk smack and talk down the Cardinals... I give the Steelers their due as in the end, they won... However, I also know that this Cardinal team proved that they were for real. They proved that their offense truly can't be stopped as they put up #'s on a Lebeau defense nobody thought possible.
And, with $41million under the cap, they should be back in the post season next year...

What a season.... Congrats again...
82CardsGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #2
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049
Default Re: Congrats Steelers Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82CardsGrad View Post
Gotta first offer my congrats to Steeler Nation... 6 titles is truly an amazing accomplishment. In his own, unique style, Ben did it again... The guy is simply a straight, pure winner...

- Harrison: Should've been ejected for his antics and personal foul call... Classless move for sure...

- The Cards offense moved the ball in ways no other team had against the Steeler defense. Warner threw for nearly 400 yards, hit a passer rating of 112, a completion % of 72%... Our WR's did what so many here thought they couldn't...

- Taylor did a very nice job on Fitz, better than anyone else had all year. Still, Fitz pulled in 7 catched for nearly 130 yards...

Anyway, this is your board and you guys had every right to talk smack and talk down the Cardinals... I give the Steelers their due as in the end, they won... However, I also know that this Cardinal team proved that they were for real. They proved that their offense truly can't be stopped as they put up #'s on a Lebeau defense nobody thought possible.
And, with $41million under the cap, they should be back in the post season next year...

Thanks for the compliment, but save your excuses .

The Cards deserved to be there more then anyone else in the NFC division. And fitz is truley unstoppable. He is containable, but you cant Stop the kid. The Cardinals franchise will indeed rise after this season, you will see a lot more players wanting to play for Arizona.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:

Thanks for the classy post. Too bad many of your other fans can't do the same. But to address your points:

- It's arguable that Harrison should have been ejected. I personally don't think he should have been, because if so, then Adrian Wilson should have been ejected for throwing a punch at Hines Ward.

- The Cards' offense proved that they are very good. Get a better rushing attack and they'll be truly great.

- There are some who will look at Fitz' numbers and say that Ike did not have a good game. But neither TD can really be blamed on him - the first one was just a great grab, and the second one was a missed assignment. Other than that, I thought he did OK.

- No, but they still laid some pretty good licks on them.

- Weak call. No question.

Thanks again, and good luck next season!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #4
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Kapp Steeler View Post
Thanks for the compliment, but save your excuses .

The Cards deserved to be there more then anyone else in the NFC division. And fitz is truley unstoppable. He is containable, but you cant Stop the kid. The Cardinals franchise will indeed rise after this season, you will see a lot more players wanting to play for Arizona.

Nt offering any "excuses" dude... You guys won, period... Ben put together his own version of "The Drive". The Cards had their chance to stop Ben at any point during the final 2 mins, and they didn't...

Congrats...
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

While I don't condone what Harrison did, it was pretty stupid, but didn't deserve ejection. Yes that was roughing the passer on Dansby, close call, yes, but was a penalty. Warner and Fitz were very good, nobody said that they wouldn't be. The Cards played a good game. And thanks for stopping by and the Congrats. Same to your team, they had a excellent season.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
STEEL-MAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 391

Thanks for the congrats.

First of all Harrison had a reason for doing what he did, it wasn't mentioned but there was a reason.

The Cards moved the ball but only what the Steelers gave them.

I disagree about the Cards moving the ball like no other team. They were playing from behind all night. They got a big break with the holding call in the end zone, I still don't see the holding.

Know one needed knockout to win this game, the Steelers got real basic with play calling after half time scored. When the time came to move they did with out a problem.

All the Cards could do is watch their hopes and dreams end!

Steelers Defense is a pressure D, aggressive. The calls got soft so did their play, that is until they had to stop Werner, you know the story, lights out!
STEEL-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
mtsamuelson
Water Boy

Member Number: 12506

Quote:

I honestly thought this was real close to being a blowout. 20 to 7 at the beginning of the fourth quarter with the Steelers being ultra conservative. I mean, the game didn't seem close at all for the first three quarters, but I tip my hat to Fitzgerald and company for making their way back into this game.

But, in the end, Big Ben and the Steelers offense pulled it out with a few clutch plays. What an ending!

GO STEELERS!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #8
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

Much for the post.

werd

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,864 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:

Congrats again...
Thanks for backing up your promise to come back, but the whiny excuses make you sound like Seahawks fans.

-The Harrison hit was perfectly legal and the same thing as if Woodley had fallen at Levi Browns feet and Brown kept him down and hit him in the chest as he got up. The only thing is that he continued after the whistle.

-The roughing the passer on Dansby was close. I say if he didnt extend with the forearm shiver to Ben's back there is no flag. I thought if the refs let them play, then that is not penalty and neither is Hartwig's hold for a safety. Ask yourself that?

-Nobody knocked out a Cardinal. DRC didnt pick Ben a couple times, nor did Breaston get vertical or Q have a big game.

-Fitz had 13 yards in the 1st half and Polamalu blew the coverage on that 62 yard TD, so really.........your all world WR only had 1 great TD and one on a blown coverage.

Again, thanks for manning up and the congrats, but don't go away "WHINING" Just go away. Scoreboard.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #10
82CardsGrad
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL-MAN View Post
Thanks for the congrats.

First of all Harrison had a reason for doing what he did, it wasn't mentioned but there was a reason.
Would love to know the "reason" that forced a man to act in such a classless manner...

Quote:
The Cards moved the ball but only what the Steelers gave them.

I disagree about the Cards moving the ball like no other team. They were playing from behind all night. They got a big break with the holding call in the end zone, I still don't see the holding.
Did no other team "play from behind" this season against Pitt?? Regarding the holding call, your guy literally tackled Okeafor...

Quote:
Know one needed knockout to win this game, the Steelers got real basic with play calling after half time scored. When the time came to move they did with out a problem.
I don't have the time to search for all the posts here that guaranteed "knock outs" by Clark, Troy and others... Anyway, I agree with you...knockout were not "needed"... they never are...

Quote:
All the Cards could do is watch their hopes and dreams end!
Uh... yea...

Quote:
Steelers Defense is a pressure D, aggressive. The calls got soft so did their play, that is until they had to stop Werner, you know the story, lights out!
"Werner"??