Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836
Default NFL on the BBC

I really enjoyed the BBC`s coverage of the SB....One of the pundits was Rod Woodson!
There was an debate on a BBC website about the SB and American Football in general.It makes for interesting reading if you want a British perspective of ths fantastic sport.
Apologies in advance for some of the ignorant posts that you will read.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F124684...276508&show=50
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
roethlisbergerUK
Water Boy

Member Number: 7646
Default Re: NFL on the BBC

Yeah i watched BBC too,The coverage was pretty good and Woodson is a legend.The only thing i did,nt like was the couple of adverts in between advertising animal docs,I think next year though it would be good to have a bit more build up.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

I do like the coverage on the Beeb, but Channel 5 it ain't.

I still don't get the fact that Channel 5 get all the regular season games, Sunday and Monday (once the Baseball season is over) then they can't or aren't allowed to show the play-offs...that dicks me off.

At least Mike Carlson 'shared duties' with the mighty Rod Woodson (and major props to him for that, after just being received in to the HoF - still a class act). And it appeared that Jake Humphreys had actually learned what American Football was about this year .............just he ain't Nat Coombs.
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
I do like the coverage on the Beeb, but Channel 5 it ain't.

I still don't get the fact that Channel 5 get all the regular season games, Sunday and Monday (once the Baseball season is over) then they can't or aren't allowed to show the play-offs...that dicks me off.

At least Mike Carlson 'shared duties' with the mighty Rod Woodson (and major props to him for that, after just being received in to the HoF - still a class act). And it appeared that Jake Humphreys had actually learned what American Football was about this year .............just he ain't Nat Coombs.
I watched the first 20 minutes and switched over to Sky, which I thought was much more professionally presented, but then they've got the experience and, Though it was nice to see Woody, I think Sky's presentation was generally a bit more pointed and focussed.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836

I think that just the fact it was on BBC1 and I didn`t have to go round my Dad`s to watch it on Sky...I always feel guilty as he`s not an NFL fan but always tries to feign interest for my benefit,Bless him!!
Did anyone get Gamepass this season?I think it was the best $240 I`ve ever spent ......every game,anytime you want in HD...just a complete dream!