Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Problems in brown town

Since Eric Mangini took over as head coach of the Cleveland Browns, he hasn’t exactly been a beacon of sunshine around the office, the Canton Repository reports.

According to the article, a Browns insider described “the atmosphere at headquarters is, to put it mildly, miserable. New Head Coach Eric Mangini is running the place like Napoleon.”

Ouch.

Repository columnist Todd Porter said that Mangini is already alienating players.

At a public function attended by Mangini and Pro Bowl nose guard Shaun Rogers, Rogers said he hadn’t met the coach and hoped to do so that evening. Then, Mangini reportedly walked past Rogers without speaking.

Maybe it was Rogers’ cologne? Just kidding.

Porter also took a shot at new General Manager George Kokinis and the entire regime, writing, “If you want to know what kind of flavor new GM George Kokinis has when talking to the media, stick a piece of notebook paper in your mouth and chew on it for a half hour. I give Mangini and Kokinis no more than three years before Lerner has sold the team. That’s right. Lerner will sell the team before he hires another head coach.”

Another much more favorable portrait of Mangini was painted by the Akron Beacon-Journal, chronicling his charity work, all-state high school football days, his time as a hard-working public relations assistant and ballboy for the Browns before breaking into coaching under Bill Belichick, strong family ties and self-deprecating sense of humor.

”He has another side,” Graham Martin, Mangini’s football coach at Bulkeley High School in Hartford, Conn., told the Beacon-Journal. ”You have to have a fine balance when you’re working with people, be tough but give a little love and understanding. I believe Eric is one of those people, and it’s behind his success.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/
http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/x110...making-friends
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Re: Problems in brown town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Since Eric Mangini took over as head coach of the Cleveland Browns, he hasn’t exactly been a beacon of sunshine around the office, the Canton Repository reports.

According to the article, a Browns insider described “the atmosphere at headquarters is, to put it mildly, miserable. New Head Coach Eric Mangini is running the place like Napoleon.” [/url]
Ahhhh all is not happy in Who-ville?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

In light of the brown's recent history of ineptitude, this is exactly what the team needs, a kick in the arse. The status quo just ain't working.

I doubt this will help much though.

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

They don't even have a logo.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #5
I-Want-Troy's-Hair