Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,818 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Alex Boone - OSU OT....arrested and tasered.

OSU's Boone arrested, Tasered in Calif. after drunken tirade

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. (AP) -- Ohio State offensive lineman Alex Boone was arrested after being subdued with a Taser during an alleged drunken tirade, authorities said Monday.

Boone, 21, was taken into custody late Sunday for investigation of resisting arrest after Orange County sheriff's deputies responded to a disturbance call outside of a home in Aliso Viejo.

When they arrived, the 6-foot-8, 312-pound tackle had been jumping on car hoods, yanking on a tow truck cable and trying to break a window, said sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino.

Boone ran away from deputies and was found hiding underneath a patio, authorities said. Boone was combative and uncooperative and had to be taken down with a stun gun, Amormino said.

"He was yelling obscenities at deputies and had a strong smell of alcohol," Amormino said. "His blood-alcohol level was at least three times the legal amount."

Boone was taken to a hospital and then to a jail medical ward, where he remained. He had not been booked yet.

Boone, who was selected All-Big Ten this year, could be selected in the NFL draft in April.

Ohio State spokeswoman Shelly Hoffman said Monday that she was unaware of the arrest and could not comment.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,936 Times in 1,668 Posts
Default Re: Alex Boone - OSU OT....arrested and tasered.

well.....we can scratch boone of the steeler list......what a freakin moron !!! he just cost himself some serious $$$$$...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

LMAO......... OSU
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,577 Times in 1,514 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Wow this kid getting ready for the nfl and screw up by doing something like that it was stupid.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:00 AM   #5
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
Wow this kid getting ready for the nfl and screw up by doing something like that it was stupid.

Sadly, it woldn't mattter to other teams out there infact, they would probably just use this to pay him less upfront.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,936 Times in 1,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Sadly, it woldn't mattter to other teams out there infact, they would probably just use this to pay him less upfront.
oh somebody will draft him.......but instead of being a 3rd or 4th rd pick, he'll probably drop to a 5th or 6th..

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:30 AM   #7
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Sounds like he'd be a good fit for the ratbirds or cryboys.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
oh somebody will draft him.......but instead of being a 3rd or 4th rd pick, he'll probably drop to a 5th or 6th..
I would take Boone at the end of the 4th in a heartbeat. Kind of stupid getting drunk and this before draft, but not like he was a 3rd year pro and driving around with joints in his SUV (Santonio anybody?).

Boone is big, strong, has long arms, a good kick slide and sets a base well. He just has trouble with speed guys like Orakpo....but who doesn't. Boone will be a solid RT for 10 years in the NFL and I still like him as a talent.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I would take Boone at the end of the 4th in a heartbeat. Kind of stupid getting drunk and this before draft, but not like he was a 3rd year pro and driving around with joints in his SUV (Santonio anybody?).

Boone is big, strong, has long arms, a good kick slide and sets a base well. He just has trouble with speed guys like Orakpo....but who doesn't. Boone will be a solid RT for 10 years in the NFL and I still like him as a talent.
Totally agree..if Boone falls to the 4th...I would grab him in a heartbeat. I do have some concerns about his heavy feet...but he would be a value in the 4th.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Totally agree..if Boone falls to the 4th...I would grab him in a heartbeat. I do have some concerns about his heavy feet...but he would be a value in the 4th.
You know....Boone does a good job in setting a solid base and kick sliding to be in position to use his long arms in pass protection. If Max Starks was able to use his size to his advantage like Boone does.........Starks would be a Pro Bowler.

I was concerned earlier in the year with the way Boone didnt bend at the hips and knees well in run blocking, but he looked better at the end of the year. Boone isnt agile enough to be a good LT, but can be a really good RT. Kind of a thinner Jon Runyan or Tony Pashos.