Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
stelpit
Water Boy

Member Number: 2342
Default Santonio MOST VALUABLE PUNK

thats how they talked about him on espn radio monday here in columbus ohio the same people that loved and over looked things that he has done NOW HATE HIM or do they just hate the steelers and are taking it out on him ??? if you went through yhe nfl and pulled out every guy that made a mistake how many would not be playing ? and try not to get pissed but im so tired of the crying from the clowns and bungle people(fans) just because they suck that is no reason to try and bring down the 6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMP by saying holmes is a punk or that harrison is dirty it a game of emotions and sometimes they make a bad choice just like every else has !
stelpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
SC Steeler Steve
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 12276
Default Re: Santonio MOST VALUABLE PUNK

I think Santo is in a new level of his career and life now. I dont think we will be having anymore problems with him.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

The man smoked a doob. What other trouble has he been in? Is this country so backwards that smoking a little herb makes you less of a person for some reason? Michael Phelps has just been caught smoking a bong, does that make him anything less than the world's greatest Olympic Championship ever? I don't think so.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
The man smoked a doob. What other trouble has he been in? Is this country so backwards that smoking a little herb makes you less of a person for some reason? Michael Phelps has just been caught smoking a bong, does that make him anything less than the world's greatest Olympic Championship ever? I don't think so.

Some people just don't get that the law is the law.

And no, this isn't his FIRST trouble. it was his third.

Most steelers fans, including me, was willing to overlook the two issues coming out of college because of maturity issues. We figured he would grow up. It seems like he did, until doing something ILLEGAL showed he didn't understand the ramifications of his actions and thus, he was not yet mature enough to understand all the responsibility on him.

For some reason I think Tomlin and Ward have cleared that up quite fast.

BUt no, he isn't a punk. He is just another wayward youth that is given a second chance--- on a massive stage. It isn't like he stabbed a guy...
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,077 Times in 568 Posts

Just for clarification so I am not sounding naive, but did they actually test Santonio for smoking or did he just happen to have a weed item in the car? Just an educated guess, but I am assuming they probably tested him right after that to see and if he tested positive, isn't that an automatic 4 games suspension or is the first one a warning? What exactly happened? I thought since he didn't get suspended by the league that it may have just been an item that may have belonged to a friend of his or something.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #6
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

I wasn't aware of what he did in college. I heard his story about dealing drugs and stuff as a kid, and saw that he has 3 kids of own at age 24, so I can imagine he had a pretty difficult childhood. Just as long as he doesn't go all Bam Morris on us, he's still a hero in my eyes. ;)
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #7
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Some people just don't get that the law is the law.

And no, this isn't his FIRST trouble. it was his third.

Most steelers fans, including me, was willing to overlook the two issues coming out of college because of maturity issues. We figured he would grow up. It seems like he did, until doing something ILLEGAL showed he didn't understand the ramifications of his actions and thus, he was not yet mature enough to understand all the responsibility on him.

For some reason I think Tomlin and Ward have cleared that up quite fast.

BUt no, he isn't a punk. He is just another wayward youth that is given a second chance--- on a massive stage. It isn't like he stabbed a guy...
Obviously, or he would have been voted by the media shmucks as the greatest middle linebacker of all time.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,406 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

You are going to hear alot of garbage coming from cleveland or cinci they don't have a football team so all they can do is set up there and criticize someone else.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I hope to God that Santonio has had a major wake up call. It was a good sign that he spent the evening after the Superbowl in his hotel room watching movies with his 3 (adorable) kids instead of partying all night long.

If not, it's going to be a looooooooong off season.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

I almost beat the hell outta some guy yesterday at china cottage for trying to tell me how Harrison was being a dirty player.

I told him that his whining and complaining wasn't going to change the fact that there are now 6 trophies in our trophy case.

But he just kept yapping aand it took all of my composer not to walk over and deck him.

Oh well.

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote