Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
LukesDad88
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12562
Default A Special Shout Out

To BlastFurnace, Preacher, Polamalu Princess, and T. Richardson.

I don't go near a computer during the game, but I love to go back and read the gameday threads 2-3 days after. I just got done with the SB thread and I want to give you guys credit for not giving up after Arizona took the lead (pages 173, 174, 175) . Others were despairing and crying, but you guys (and myself at home), kept the faith. Here's to you.

As soon as Fitzgerald scored, my friend looked at me and asked why the hell I was smiling. I told him to look at the clock. They left Ben with 2:30 minutes.
LukesDad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Mags87
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12016
Default Re: A Special Shout Out

after he scored, my friend looked over me and asked if i was nervous. i replied with, "get ready to watch Ben go to the Hall of Fame"
Mags87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

My father in law ever the poo poo head ask me if i was gonna cry i LOL at him told him nah we are gonna win! when we scored i ask him if i needed to start his truck for him so he could leave with out embarrassment! but it was to late my daughter went and got him a box of kleenex!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags87 View Post
after he scored, my friend looked over me and asked if i was nervous. i replied with, "get ready to watch Ben go to the Hall of Fame"
classic, perfect, i teared up wif pride when i read your reaction to your friend.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
k7brown
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 5995

I was pumped when Fitz scored with that much time on the clock. I was one of 6 Steelers Fans in a room of 30some people (everyone else was a Browns fan aka Cardinals Fans for a day). The room erupted. I just looked at everyone and they asked me what I thought and I was honest with them... I told them that we have plenty of time and I was fully confident that we would go down the field and score and that we did. It was AWESOME!!!
k7brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I had faith in Ben. I was more nervous when Warner and Fitz had 37 seconds to set up a Hail Mary.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

My first thought was....they left us with too much time. When I saw Fitz break loose, I wanted him to get there as fast as he could.

Ben had done it all year long. I knew he would do it again.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukesDad88 View Post
To BlastFurnace, Preacher, Polamalu Princess, and T. Richardson.

I don't go near a computer during the game, but I love to go back and read the gameday threads 2-3 days after. I just got done with the SB thread and I want to give you guys credit for not giving up after Arizona took the lead (pages 173, 174, 175) . Others were despairing and crying, but you guys (and myself at home), kept the faith. Here's to you.

As soon as Fitzgerald scored, my friend looked at me and asked why the hell I was smiling. I told him to look at the clock. They left Ben with 2:30 minutes.
I think I completely forgot about the board at that time. I couldn't keep my eyes off of the TV. I had my Towel over the back of my neck and was gripping the hell out of it with both hands. I had a great feeling that we would be okay. Especially when Ben got more than half the yards back after the holding penalty on the last drive.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote