Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645
Default Kurt Warner? What a douche...

All respect I MIGHT have had for the man came crumbling down now that he is arguing with the Cardinals for more money. Wtf?

I mean really Kurt, you're going to be 38 when this season starts. You actually made another Superbowl when everyone had forgotten you. You sit on a team that works well for you. You sit in a conference where 7-9 was your biggest competition. The others were 4-12 and 2-14! Honestly you d-bag, wtf are you thinking?

The Cardinals gave you a good offer, and you want to shop the market!? What other team with playoff chances would take you? Pats? No. Steelers? No. Ravens? No. Eagles? No. Cowboys? Who wants to be on their team? Giants? I can go on!

So much for your Cinderella story, how it was all about football and Superbowls. You've shown your mettle, funny how that is. Jeez, Favre is sitting there at his home thinking, "What a d-bag. At least I'm whiney because I just want to play."
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528
Default Re: Kurt Warner? What a douche...

I thought the same exact thing when I saw he was seeking more money. It's just more proof of the sad reality that is the NFL. Most of the players only care about the money.
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,313 Times in 476 Posts

If I were Warner, I'd want at least as much as Cassel just signed a franchise tender for - $14 mil and some change, and not a penny less. There's greed and then there's principle - in this case, it would be more the principle of the thing.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
If I were Warner, I'd want at least as much as Cassel just signed a franchise tender for - $14 mil and some change, and not a penny less. There's greed and then there's principle - in this case, it would be more the principle of the thing.
I agree with you 100% on that, however, if he truly played football for the love of the game, he would've taken what the Cards offered. It's all about the money anymore. That's just my opinion. People can take it anyway they want.
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPAsteeler View Post
I agree with you 100% on that, however, if he truly played football for the love of the game, he would've taken what the Cards offered. It's all about the money anymore. That's just my opinion. People can take it anyway they want.
What really gets me is that the players come out and say things like, "I love this game" or "I'd play it for free!"

Well now you have a chance and what you've basically said is it's more than a game and it is about the money. What bothers me even more is that Kurt Warner professes to be a Christian and what he's shown is that he's a greedy and we all know that's a sin.

Like you said he had an opportunity to prove himself and he failed - miserably (I might add)

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yeah, I can understand his principle, but he can't forget, he's 38. Franchise means less at this point for him.

The problem I have is this...

There are two different principle arguments to be made here. One of the franchise tender, which I can understand him desiring. But Kurt never made a big deal about this, he gained popularity and preached that the money wasn't what made it for him.

You see, Mr. Warner went with the love principle. He loved his life, he loved the game, and he loved God. These are things we've heard from him, he's made himself to seem like the underdog great-guy.

The principle of money is all that he has going for him, but pragmatically, and somewhat ideally, there is so much going against his attitude right now, it strikes me as douchey. Should he get it? Yeah. But I thought football and family were the two biggest things, and everything else was just frosting and not that important.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

He needs the extra cash to buy a new dress.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
Hapa
Banned

Member Number: 8230

He was such a little bitch when he played with the Giants.
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
What really gets me is that the players come out and say things like, "I love this game" or "I'd play it for free!"

Well now you have a chance and what you've basically said is it's more than a game and it is about the money. What bothers me even more is that Kurt Warner professes to be a Christian and what he's shown is that he's a greedy and we all know that's a sin.

Like you said he had an opportunity to prove himself and he failed - miserably (I might add)
Good post!

Bluntly & honestly I saw this hypocrisy for about 20 years within the Christian Community. Even now it is hard to handle. I am very disappointed in Kurt but not surprised. This makes Jerome Bettis look great when he took a salary cut and said

"it's not about the money its about the quality of life. Being a Steeler is the "Qulaity of life".

Well we probably won't hear from the Cards for another 60 years or so.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

If it was all for the love of the game, he wouldn't be asking for more cash.

He needs to think about a few things. He's 38 and for a good chunk of his career he had some injury problems. One bad hit ends his career. And while that's true for any player, at 38 you are not recovering from a torn knee ligament and coming back to play football.

Hell, another broken hand probally ends his career.

Brett Favre might be a whiney asshat, but at least it was because he wants to play ball. He'd play for the vet minimum.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote