Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973
Default OVER RATED *clap clap clap clap clap*

Yes, I'm going out on a limb here. Indianapolis will not get past the AFC Championship Game. I guarantee it. They will fall to Pittsburgh, New England, Cincinnati, or Denver.

*puts on Another one bites the dust*
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: OVER RATED *clap clap clap clap clap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
Yes, I'm going out on a limb here. Indianapolis will not get past the AFC Championship Game. I guarantee it. They will fall to Pittsburgh, New England, Cincinnati, or Denver.

*puts on Another one bites the dust*
I dont think discounting 1 option from a total of 6 is really going out on a limb.

If i put aside bias I would have the Bronco's as the best team in the AFC with the Colts just behind that.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,311 Times in 3,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I dont think discounting 1 option from a total of 6 is really going out on a limb.

If i put aside bias I would have the Bronco's as the best team in the AFC with the Colts just behind that.

NM
the broncos are to the colts what the colts WERE to the patriots.

i am amazed that patfans of all people cannot recognize this.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

6 weeks ago I probably would have told you the colts were not gonna lose more than 1 at the rate they were going and that even though I didnt think they'd go undefeated they'd probably steam roll thru the playoffs..

but since the chargers exposed them and even the fact that when we played them, we held their offense to only 2 TD's and had we had any type of offense that day we maybe could have won.. but who knows.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I don`t see Cinci winning one game! Other than that, I do agree that Indy is over rated! I still haven`t seen Denver at all his year. The pats have the experience! And we have the BUS! Whta better reason to motivate your team, than to want to win one for Da Bus?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the broncos are to the colts what the colts WERE to the patriots.

i am amazed that patfans of all people cannot recognize this.
I can totally recognize the fact that the Pats have had the Colts numbers in the big game in recent years.

I can also recognize the fact that the Pats have also has the Steelers number.

Im trying to remain unbiased and look at the playoffs in terms of tangibles such as strength of record and quality of performance.

All the Colts and Steelers fans have been saying all year is - the run must end (maybe even you said this) regarding the hold the Patriots currently have over both of the above teams - it stands to reason that the Broncos can also end that run of results.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,311 Times in 3,522 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I can totally recognize the fact that the Pats have had the Colts numbers in the big game in recent years.

I can also recognize the fact that the Pats have also has the Steelers number.

Im trying to remain unbiased and look at the playoffs in terms of tangibles such as strength of record and quality of performance.

All the Colts and Steelers fans have been saying all year is - the run must end (maybe even you said this) regarding the hold the Patriots currently have over both of the above teams - it stands to reason that the Broncos can also end that run of results.

NM
all the pats fans have been saying (maybe even you said this) that the colts couldnt possibly beat the pats because of past failures. why wouldnt the same hold true for denver vs. colts? or does it not work both ways? how convinient. heres some intangibles: peyton actually has big game experience and the colts pretty much handled the patriots (with brady, bilicheck, vinatieri and the best big game clutch defense in the league). indy has a better qb than denver and a better rb, and i think there defens is ranked higher... dont mean a indy victory is inevitable but i do think denver is beatable (even by the steelers)
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
all the pats fans have been saying (maybe even you said this) that the colts couldnt possibly beat the pats because of past failures. why wouldnt the same hold true for denver vs. colts? or does it not work both ways? how convinient. heres some intangibles: peyton actually has big game experience and the colts pretty much handled the patriots (with brady, bilicheck, vinatieri and the best big game clutch defense in the league). indy has a better qb than denver and a better rb, and i think there defens is ranked higher... dont mean a indy victory is inevitable but i do think denver is beatable (even by the steelers)
Thats a nice try Tony.

But im afraid im not going to let you simply copy/paste my own argument back at me with the names of the teams altered.

Steeler fans have been saying all season that the Patriots domination of them 'has to end sometime', that these things 'work in cycles'.

Now - if that holds true then it reasonable to assume that the Broncos (who match up well against the Colts on paper) should be very capable of beating their nemesis - the Colts.

If, however you disagree with this - then you are basically saying that the Steelers will not be able to get over the hump against the Patriots either.

You cant have your cake and eat it Tony - either psychological domination is an ongoing factor or its not.

Oh, and I know you really dont believe that the Pats D that the Colts faced in the regular season will bear any real resembelence to the one they may/ may not meet in the playoffs.

NM
Old 01-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #9
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Quote:
Sorry to ruin the party, but that Monday night game was perfect weather. No snow, wasn't very cold. I still don't think Peyton can beat the Pats in our weather. and we won't find that out this season either.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #10
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

I believe the patriots would have the best shot at the colts. To beat the colts, you have to have a good defense, a great quarterback, and a good offensive line. First off, you have to contain the colts with your defense because no one can really stop them...that requires a good defense such as the defense of the pats. Next, you need to expose the colts' biggest weakness, their secondary, and throw the ball downfield...to do this, you need an elite quarterback such as Tom Brady and a good offensive line that can slow down the colts' pass rush enough so that the quarterback can find open receivers.

I think the bengals have the offense to do it and the steelers have the defense to do it, but the patriots are the closest to having both.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote