Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 PM   #11
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Re: OVER RATED *clap clap clap clap clap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I can totally recognize the fact that the Pats have had the Colts numbers in the big game in recent years.

I can also recognize the fact that the Pats have also has the Steelers number.

Im trying to remain unbiased and look at the playoffs in terms of tangibles such as strength of record and quality of performance.

All the Colts and Steelers fans have been saying all year is - the run must end (maybe even you said this) regarding the hold the Patriots currently have over both of the above teams - it stands to reason that the Broncos can also end that run of results.

NM
not only do the colts and steeler fans hate the patriots, but everyone who isnt a patriot fan will be rooting against them. no one likes dynastys if its not by there team.

the run will end.....this year
Old 01-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers
not only do the colts and steeler fans hate the patriots, but everyone who isnt a patriot fan will be rooting against them. no one likes dynastys if its not by there team.

Hey I hear ya St33ler,

Id be exactly the same if the boot was on the other foot.

I do think some neutrals like the way the Patriots win though - no big smack talkers and plenty of team ethic.

I know one poster on here would be rooting for the Pats if the Steelers go out - one of the reasons being the return of a true football player like Tedy B.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #13
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Hey I hear ya St33ler,

Id be exactly the same if the boot was on the other foot.

I do think some neutrals like the way the Patriots win though - no big smack talkers and plenty of team ethic.

I know one poster on here would be rooting for the Pats if the Steelers go out - one of the reasons being the return of a true football player like Tedy B.

NM
well ill admit i was definitely rooting for them when they got their first superbowl win. then another came, and i was like okay okay....and then another came, and thats when i got tired of them. the patriots were much like the yankees, but now look at them, all that money and it still cant get them a title.

but again with dynasty talks, as much as i hate the patriots....i like seeing them in the playoffs bc i like to watch them get knocked off. playoffs without the patriots is just wierd....

but i hope the patriots and steelers dont meet this year, you guys sure have our numbers. but i guess we'll have to beat you one way or the other/
Old 01-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts

Quote:

You cant have your cake and eat it Tony

NM
"or does it not work both ways? how convinient. "-tony hipchest
i see what you did there. you basically took my argument and re-phrased it into an age old cliche.

unlike most patfans i dont put so much credence into a 3 or 4 game winning streak. especially when its not involving conference rivals. owning the bengals for 15 years or the browns since they came back into the league, or even the jets 12 out of the last 13 times is a bit different though. ive never seen any group of fans more ****y or obnoxious over a little winning streak than the patfans were over the dominance of the colts (even though some of them wins werent quite dominating.) even the cowboy fans in regards to their recent dominance over the redskins which abruptly came to a halt this season.

but i understand it. the city of boston and their #1 sports franchise had suffered years of abuse at the hands of yankee fans and i can see where this fanbase would want to vent its pent up frustrations on another fanbase. however the streak over the colts came to an end and even though 75.94% of all patfans said it could never happen the excuses poured out of the floodgates as soon as it did.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #15
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers

Hey LITP.....Look he used the "hate" word.....Go ahead and ding him some rep points!!!!

St33lers, I agree!
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #16
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well since i'm not a person that says shit to get on ppls good side, i'm gonna give an unbiased opinion, i do not think the colts are overrated. and i PRAY that i am wrong but they are probably gonna streamroll through the playoffs and win it all. again i hope i'm DEAD WRONG on this and we win it all for jerome (**** one for the thumb, with me it's win one for the bus). to me the chargers didn't really prove anything, the colts had a few starters not playing and they weren't really playing their hearts out.

the pats have no chance against the colts this year, the broncos ain't that good and the colts would do the same to them as they are going to do to the pats, the bengals won't get past us so they can't beat the colts. if ben steps up and not chokes again like last year then i would think we have the best chance if we play like we did against the bears and vikings, but it's very hard to see it happening based on cowhers past in big games, hell he's 0 and 3 on the road in the playoffs (of course he'll break that streak against the bengals) well i've said what i have to say if you neg rep me at least sign it so i can return the favor with an F U for having an opinion
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #17
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I hope they are over rated because if we beat the Bengals we are headed to Indy...

I thought in the Monday night game against the Colts earlier this year that we could play with them, but the missed field goal by Reed, and a few more mistakes really took any momentum we had. If we are gonna beat them the second time around it will have to be a near flawless performance.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:32 AM   #18
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

heres some intangibles: peyton actually has big game experience and the colts pretty much handled the patriots (with brady, bilicheck, vinatieri and the best big game clutch defense in the league).

oh be real, the Patriots of Nov 7th werent exactly intact, cdertainly not the defense.
besides, it was regular season, not the big time.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
"or does it not work both ways? how convinient. "-tony hipchest
i see what you did there. you basically took my argument and re-phrased it into an age old cliche.

unlike most patfans i dont put so much credence into a 3 or 4 game winning streak. especially when its not involving conference rivals. owning the bengals for 15 years or the browns since they came back into the league, or even the jets 12 out of the last 13 times is a bit different though. ive never seen any group of fans more ****y or obnoxious over a little winning streak than the patfans were over the dominance of the colts (even though some of them wins werent quite dominating.) even the cowboy fans in regards to their recent dominance over the redskins which abruptly came to a halt this season.

but i understand it. the city of boston and their #1 sports franchise had suffered years of abuse at the hands of yankee fans and i can see where this fanbase would want to vent its pent up frustrations on another fanbase. however the streak over the colts came to an end and even though 75.94% of all patfans said it could never happen the excuses poured out of the floodgates as soon as it did.
Hey Tony,

I think you should have engaged in a little research before making assertions about a "3 or 4 game winning streak"

The Patriots have OWNED the Colts franchise for over 20 YEARS - in fact ever since they became the Indianapolis Colts.

Our series record stretching back to 1984 is 31-10 - they used to be in the AFC East before the NFL gave them a nice expansion division to find their feet in.

You are welcome to redefine the meaning of dominant but the 20-3 and 24-14 recent post-season victories would have beaten the most ambitious spread bets.

Regards

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 01-03-2006 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:01 AM   #20
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Hey LITP.....Look he used the "hate" word.....Go ahead and ding him some rep points!!!!

St33lers, I agree!
Another in-depth analytical football related post I see, Shark - keep up the good work.

NM

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 01-03-2006 at 08:07 AM.