Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #41
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: OVER RATED *clap clap clap clap clap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
and i must expand on your thought that no steelerfans should root for a player like manning as if its something disgraceful. manning reminds me of 2 of my favorite qb's- terry bradshaw and jim kelley. you know what separates jim kelly from tom brady? thats right! a kicker. i get sick of the media and talking heads slobbing brady when plenty of qb's out there are and were capable of leading game winning drives as if hes the one who invented it. too bad mcnair couldnt rely on a kick to win him a superbowl. i still havent seen brady throw in a game winner like montana, or lead a 98 yd drive like elway, or lead an amazing comeback win like kelly against the broncos in 90 i believe or reich against the oilers yet, he is talked about like he invented the comeback.
You know what seperates Peyton Manning from Jim Sorgi?

A famous father.

Its funny I really cant imagine Terry Bradshaw looking over at his WR with a 'disappointed, couldnt you do better' sort of look after he just underthrew him.

If the media slobber over Brady its because he has done it - no he didnt INVENT the comeback - but he has certainly perfected it.

The truth was revealed when you described the anticipation for Peyton before he even enterd the NFL - its all about what he may do - not anything he has ever actually achieved - he couldnt even win a college bowl final.

You can make all the comments you want about FG kickers winning SB's - but when was the last time Manning ever left the fate of his team in the playoffs in the hands of anyone else?

The answer is never - either the Colts win by a country mile - or Manning cant even get them close.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #42
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: OVER RATED *clap clap clap clap clap*

i still havent seen brady throw in a game winner like montana, or lead a 98 yd drive like elway, or lead an amazing comeback win like kelly against the broncos in 90 i believe or reich against the oilers yet,

really??
2001- Down by 10 vs Chargers with minutes to go he lead them back, inclding TD pass in the last minute.
2002- TD pass to Patten in last minute to win at Chicago
2002- TD pass in last minute to tie Miami before OT win
2003- TD pass to Troy Brown in OT to win at Miami
2003- TD pass to Givens in last minute to win on MNF at Denver
2003- TD pass to Graham in last minute to tie game at Houston before OT win
2003- led TD drive with 2 minutes to go to take the lead vs Carolina in SB 38. defense
gives it up. so he leads another drive to set up Vinatieri. i gues that wasnt impressive.

so dont say hes never done it. besides, if you only need a FG to win, thats what you need.
right, Brian Sipe?????
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote