Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856
Default You know what really grinds my gears....

I figured it may do our bodies some good to purge things that annoy us... so tell me... what really grinds your gears... (must be said like Peter Griffin).

You know what really grinds my gears...

When I bust my butt at work, day in and day out, as well as helping OTHERS, and they are the ones that get the glory, credit, praise for a job well done, AND a raise... THAT really grinds my gears!!!!

All of this AND said person... wouldn't have been able to complete the project at hand without me fixing EVERYTHING about it!!!

I am secure that I will keep my job which is good in this trying economy... HOWEVER, sometimes just keeping the job isn't enough, where's my slice of the pie?!?!?

GAHHH! I feel a little better... now it's your turn!

Last edited by kittenfantastico76; 02-10-2009 at 01:42 PM.
kittenfantastico76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: You know what really grinds my gears....

When a food place I stop is out of the food I want. Example.

Last night I took the kids to KFC to pick up dinner to bring home. It was like 5:30pm. So I go in order the chicken and the sides and the guy looks at me and says "we are out of mac and cheese"

Right then I wanted to reach across the counter, grab the teenage punk by the scruff of the neck and scream in his face "WTF Do you mean you are out of Mac & Cheese! Its only 5:30 in the afternoon! You're open another 5 hours at least, How the HECK Did you Run out of a freaking Major Side Item you dumb mother effer!"

Of coarse I didn't, cause my daugthers were with me....but man, that really Grinds My Gears.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post

Last night I took the kids to KFC to pick up dinner to bring home. It was like 5:30pm. So I go in order the chicken and the sides and the guy looks at me and says "we are out of mac and cheese"

Right then I wanted to reach across the counter, grab the teenage punk by the scruff of the neck and scream in his face "WTF Do you mean you are out of Mac & Cheese! Its only 5:30 in the afternoon! You're open another 5 hours at least, How the HECK Did you Run out of a freaking Major Side Item you dumb mother effer!"

Of coarse I didn't, cause my daugthers were with me....but man, that really Grinds My Gears.
Well, that's the manager's fault, not the peon at the register.

When I was in college there was a fried chicken place in the University Center food court that was always out of chicken.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post

GAH - This really grinds my gears too!!! I know it isn't the cashier or serves fault, but I get this a lot at Chili's I go there for ONE THING... and ONE THING ONLY... Southwest Egg Rolls... and not once but three different occasions they've been out of them... HELLOOOO if they are THAT popular, keep them on back order and make sure you HAVE THEM!!! If they move that fast, you'll use them up... if not call me I'll come eat them... and they're FROZEN, it's not like they make it fresh each day!!! Give me a break! That really grinds my gears! (thank you for playing!)
Old 02-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,618 Posts

those who will waste a minute waiting for a spot in a parking lot to avoid 10 extra seconds of walking.

its like driving 10 miles to save 2 cents a gallon on gas.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

People who think they 'KNOW IT ALL' , really chap my butt.

I see it constantly on these boards. I admit my knowledge of football is limited compared to some other members, and that is one reason why I come here... to gain more insight and to LEARN more about the game (esp. the draft..which I am not very astute on). But some of these people are so darn stubborn and never seem to listen, with an open mind, to any opinion that differs from their own. Is it really such an awful thing to admit that SOMETIMES, someone else might have a little more insight into the topic being discussed, than you do???? It all comes down to pride. It takes humility to admit things such as ....you are right and I am wrong..etc. Too many egos at war on these boards. *It doesn't just happen on these boards but in life in general..I am just using that as an example.

Btw..sorry for what is happening with you at work, kitten. I understand, all too well, what you are going through.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
those who will waste a minute waiting for a spot in a parking lot to avoid 10 extra seconds of walking.

its like driving 10 miles to save 2 cents a gallon on gas.
Ugh, I hate parking lot stalkers!!! I would rather walk from the end of the lot to avoid the hassle of waiting behind them, waiting for someone else, that's taking 5 minutes extra to put on lipstick or check out themselves in the mirror or choose a new CD before pulling out of the spot... blech!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
People who think they 'KNOW IT ALL' , really chap my butt.

I see it constantly on these boards. I admit my knowledge of football is limited compared to some other members, and that is one reason why I come here... to gain more insight and to LEARN more about the game (esp. the draft..which I am not very astute on). But some of these people are so darn stubborn and never seem to listen, with an open mind, to any opinion that differs from their own. Is it really such an awful thing to admit that SOMETIMES, someone else might have a little more insight into the topic being discussed, than you do???? It all comes down to pride. It takes humility to admit things such as ....you are right and I am wrong..etc. Too many egos at war on these boards. *It doesn't just happen on these boards but in life in general..I am just using that as an example.

Btw..sorry for what is happening with you at work, kitten. I understand, all too well, what you are going through.
Thank you girl! And I agree - I'm on these boards to chat and to learn as well, I've felt very welcomed here - I wish all boards were this way! Good thing to add, definitely!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #9
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

The "cash check" at the Walmart check out line. That grinds me gears.

You know, you've found a line that doesn't seem so bad, you start putting your full cart worths of groceries on the belt and then the person in front of you pulls out either a Pay Check or a State Check and starts the process of cashing it and paying for the items they just bought.

Holy Crap....I just spent nearly an hour in this store, bumping carts, looking for food items you've moved again to make it more efficient, waiting in food aisles behind little ole ladies that park their cart in the middle of the lane and slowly read the ingrediants of canned veggies, had to battle for the last ripe bunch of bananas with a kid that just wanted to do monkey impressions, and now...at the end, you're Cashing Your Pay Check!

Dude! Get the FKC OUT OF LINE and get a mother EFFING BANK ACCOUNT Like the Rest of NORMAL PEOPLE!

I hate that so much. It really, Grinds My Gears!
Old 02-10-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

It's a seasonal thing(Christmas and Valentines Day)..but....all those....

"Every kiss begins with Kay" AND " AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, he went to Jared" commercials

I watch ESPN pretty much all the time, and every other commercial is one of those two. Enough already lol.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote