Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #11
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey 85,

Whats the rent like these days on that glass house you're living in?

Must be nice in the summer with all them rays keeping you warm - only one house rule aswell.......People Who Live Here Shouldn't Throw Stones

I cannot believe the balls on a Bengal fan to draw a distinction between a teams performances against quality opposition and non-quality opposition.

For the record the Patriots had the 3rd most difficult schedule in football this year, the Bengals had the 11th.

Cincinatti beat up on some pretty poor opposition this year - you got to play Minnesota early when they were completely disorganised - luckily for your strength of schedule (SOS) rating they managed to pull things around in the 2nd half of the season.

You also beat the Bears when they were still finding their feet - but I can give your team props for that one - Chicago is a good team.

What happens when you finally meet decent AFC opposition in week 5 though?

Yeah thats right you got beaten.

Still, never mind at least you got to play Tennessee the following week to get your confidence back - by putting an 8 point whupping on them.

Next AFC challenge - the Steelers - guess what....its another defeat - and this time at home.

A routine victory against a piss-poor Ravens team is quickly followed by another defeat to quality AFC opposition - the Colts this time.

You see a theme developing here?

December finally brings another quality victory - in the house of Pittsburgh - props for that - but guess who beat you to that one? Yup the Pats done that back in week 3.

3 more power houses of the NFL next up for Cincy - Cleveland, Detriot and Buffalo - Buffalo is part of the worst division in football - the Pats totally shut them down - so I guess we'll chalk up an easy Cincy victory?

WRONG. The impotent attack of Buffalo puts up 37 POINTS on the pathetic Cincy D - wow embarrassing!

Obviously the Cincy D has found a new favorite number in 37 - because it goes right ahead and gets beaten like a drum by Kansas City by the same total the following week.

Looks like the Bengals could be the biggest paper tigers in the NFL playoffs.

I know very well the Patriots have faltered against top quality opposition this year - even the most anti-Patriot would lay alot of that on the doorstep of catastrophic injuries - whats your excuse?

I also dont remember getting 37 points put on our D by a team that was averaging less than 15 per game on offense.

I am well aware of what Suit doing with his predictions of a 'bye-week' for the Pats - he is covering himself so he doesnt have to give us any praise if we win.

If I was you I would concentrate my talents on the game ahead - instead of trying to lay smack on a team that has won 3 of the last 4 Superbowls.

NM
Dude, don't be upset by the facts. I wasn't comparing New England to Cincinnati, I was comparing New England to Jacksonville. Cincinnati isn't even involved in this topic so I'm not going to debate with you. If you want to make an argument against my earlier post, please argue something about the topic at hand instead of making personal attacks on the team I support.

I'm simply trying to point out that Jacksonville is no push-over and that New England hasn't performed much better if at all during the course of the season. Yeah, you can blame the performance on the injuries, but you're still going to have most of those same injuries in the playoffs so what's your point? And don't you think Tedy Bruschi being out could affect the outcome of the game?

I'm not laying smack on your team...I'm trying to bring you back down to earth. You can't look ahead of a playoff game when you're facing a team with a better record in their house. You're playing the Jacksonville Jaguars, not the Houston Texans and I would hardly be surprised if Jacksonville beat New England. I have nothing against the patriots, I even stated in another thread that they would have the best opportunity to beat the colts in the playoffs.

P.S. If you want to debate about the Bengals, I would be happy to do so in another thread...I'm not hijacking the topic of this one.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #12
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life
The Pats will stomp the Jags. They did give Indy fits the first time around. But Indy was hurting at the time. And Leftwich is coming back after being off for 6 weeks? You don't think there will be alot of rust with him? You don't think he will be a little tentative on that ankle? He is a running QB.

The Pats do have a running game. It's Cory Dillon remember? LOL.
Leftwich being off 6 weeks may cause him to be rusty...this is true, but if worse comes to worse, they still have David Garrard who can make plays with his arms and his legs, as he has proven the past few weeks. And Byron Leftwich isn't exactly a running QB, he's more of a pocket passer who scrambles if things break down. He averages around 30 rush attempts per season...I wouldn't consider that enough to call him a running QB.

The Patriots have a running game? Really? It must be hidding with the Cincinnati defense because I don't see it. Let's be honest...I know they have Corey Dillon (Corey with an E)...but he's been hobbled all season-long with injuries and it's pretty clear that he's not 100%. Not to mention the Pats' O-line is not near as strong in run-blocking as the 04-05 version.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
The pats basically have a bye my ***. I don't know which is more accurate...New England is overrated or Jacksonville is underrated. Earth calling to pats fans, you think Jacksonville's schedule was a joke? Look at yours: you played half-way decent teams the first half of the season and couldn't put together two wins in a row until week 11. Then Tedy Bruschi comes back and you finish 6-2 during the last 8 weeks and the season is saved. Are you kidding me? During that time you beat miami, new orleans, the new york jets, buffalo, tampa bay, and the new york jets. The only impressive win was against Tampa Bay...you still faltered when the competition level stepped up, losing to Kansas City and Miami when they got hot.

Jacksonville is a very good defensive team and the only team that could come close to shutting down the Colts' offense. Now going into the playoffs, they'll finally have Byron Leftwich back. The pats have consistently been a one-dimensional team on offense with no running game, that's not going to work in the playoffs, especially against a good defense like Jacksonville's. And if you buy into the Tedy Bruschi being the savior of the season, what is New England going to do without him against Jacksonville?
Ummm I don't want to ruin your little party, but we played Carolina, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Atlanta and Denver. Those were 5 of our first 6 games, with of course the 1st one being Oakland. We then played and beat Buffalo by 5, before playing Indianapolis, and a team that always plays us strong, Miami. Then we played Kansas City, Tampa Bay, and Miami in the last few games. We also played New Orleans, the Jets 2x, and Buffalo. New Orleans and the Jets played us well all the way. We dominated Buffalo. HOW was our schedule easier than theres? We had to play down to the end vs almost every team. They only defeated 3 playoff teams, while only playing 6 playoff teams, which including 2x against Indy. Both losses, they also lost to Denver. OH! We also beat and handed Big Ben his first ever regular season loss. Jacksonville took overtime to beat Tommy Maddox. We may have only beat Pittsburgh by 3, but atleast we did it with Ben in.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Holly cow LITP, you made good points above but my goodness your hands have to be killing you....That is one of the longest replies I've ever seen.....Props to you for hanging on that long.
Punctuation and paragraphing go a long way Shark.

Thats what makes it look much bigger than it really is - just dont tell the girls that!

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #15
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
Ummm I don't want to ruin your little party, but we played Carolina, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Atlanta and Denver. Those were 5 of our first 6 games, with of course the 1st one being Oakland. We then played and beat Buffalo by 5, before playing Indianapolis, and a team that always plays us strong, Miami. Then we played Kansas City, Tampa Bay, and Miami in the last few games. We also played New Orleans, the Jets 2x, and Buffalo. New Orleans and the Jets played us well all the way. We dominated Buffalo. HOW was our schedule easier than theres? We had to play down to the end vs almost every team. They only defeated 3 playoff teams, while only playing 6 playoff teams, which including 2x against Indy. Both losses, they also lost to Denver. OH! We also beat and handed Big Ben his first ever regular season loss. Jacksonville took overtime to beat Tommy Maddox. We may have only beat Pittsburgh by 3, but atleast we did it with Ben in.
I didn't say your schedule was easier. I brought up the schedule primarily to point out the last 8 game stretch that has been blown out of proportion. I'll give you that the Tampa Bay game was a good win, but the rest were pretty subpar competition. My point goes out to those who are criticizing the Jags for not blowing out the 49ers, etc.

All I can say is don't underestimate the Jaguars, they're a lot tougher than they look and the game will be a lot closer than some of you guys may think.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:19 PM   #16
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

lol but I want to underestimate the Jags. If they beat New England, good, they proved me wrong. If they dont, then they didn't prove anything to me, unless they only lose by 7 or less.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:21 PM   #17
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Thats what makes it look much bigger than it really is - just dont tell the girls that!

Right on!
Old 01-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
lol but I want to underestimate the Jags. If they beat New England, good, they proved me wrong. If they dont, then they didn't prove anything to me, unless they only lose by 7 or less.
Oh well, whatever floats your boat, bro lol

It's not like you have to play the game yourself anyway.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:54 AM   #19
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I see NE winning this game easily! Experience is key here, and I think the Jags are over rated
Old 01-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #20
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I stand by my assertion that Jax is the worst 12-4 playoff team in history. There's no way I'm going to try and compile all these stats to prove it, but a pretty quick litmus test is how many 12-4 teams have had to go on the road as a wild card team with a 12-4 record? I can't recall a single one.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote