Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #11
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: tom brady whining again about "no respect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Hey is that a knock on Porter? LOL LB never did equal CLASS! And I wouldn`t want it to.

LITP Rep points for you! It takes a heluva man to stand up against your QB, the way you did. In all honesty, is it the team brady is really talking about, or does he really feel that he is not respected? I really can`t say I pay to much attention to Brady`s whining, I do respect his game. I can`t stand Joe Theesman, Not Thiesman, because I always thought he was to whiny, and I,I,I,me,me,me!
I have to confess I had my tongue firmly-in-cheek for that last reply Cleve - but ill keep the rep points

If I had to put an honest perspective on it - it would be that Brady is just using this opportunity to get his team pumped.

Its pretty difficult to keep playing that same 'no respect' card - but I think Brady has done this to try and take some of the focus away from the lack of respect that the Jags are getting.

I put it in the same league as his 'dont talk about our team' rant earlier in the season at Shottenheimer - it all designed to get his team motivated and not to get too complacent - its an 'us against the world' mentality that they are looking for - and thats exactly what they get.

I think Brady is a personable sort of guy outside of football (from what I can tell) - but when it comes to football he will do WHATEVER it takes to win.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #12
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

I like what he has done for us in past games...sure I do....but its getting to the stage where he is becoming a liability for the team - making us the target of message boards for rival teams.

oooooooh. not THAT. a target of message boards!!! the Patriots better cut him NOW!!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
I like what he has done for us in past games...sure I do....but its getting to the stage where he is becoming a liability for the team - making us the target of message boards for rival teams.

oooooooh. not THAT. a target of message boards!!! the Patriots better cut him NOW!!
Come on 3 to be 4 - you seriously telling me you would prefer to win all them SB's over rival fans liking our QB?

You, sir, must be crazy....quite...quite crazy.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,529 Times in 3,968 Posts

how did that rant against shottenheimer work out again? lol

if it doent matter about rival fans liking youre qb, why does it matter that more people seem to like manning?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #15
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I would rather have a arrogant, selfish, self centered, run his mouth to the media, pretty boy, car thief, on crack, egomaniac, that wins Superbowls. LOL
Old 01-04-2006, 07:16 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
how did that rant against shottenheimer work out again? lol

if it doent matter about rival fans liking youre qb, why does it matter that more people seem to like manning?
I couldnt care less whether anyone actually likes him or not.

What I am talking about his him getting the respect he deserves as an elite QB - the best QB operating in the NFL today.

Its not what he is talking about though - he knows how good he is - and he also knows how good his team is.

As far as his rant goes - it appeared to be succesful in getting them motivated for a trip to Atlanta the followng week.

NM
Old 01-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #17
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Brady learned from his coach. He says what he says for a reason. He feels its helping his team get psyched up. Personally, i couldnt care less if every fan in every other city hates him. In fact, its a compliment if they do. Theres no reason to hate Manning. He hasnt won anything from anybody.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #18
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
Brady learned from his coach. He says what he says for a reason. He feels its helping his team get psyched up. Personally, i couldnt care less if every fan in every other city hates him. In fact, its a compliment if they do. Theres no reason to hate Manning. He hasnt won anything from anybody.
exactly. what i dont understand is why so many patriot fans put so much effort in bashing him and downgrading what he has done and saying he has done nothing. then they say that brady deserves more notoriety, money, commercials, accolades, girls ,whatever. dan fouts and jim kelly didnt win anything. does that mean they were crap? warren moon?

i dont hate the browns even though their fans are pretty retarded sometimes, but really what have they done to me? i could care less if the media hypes them up.

like the late dale earnhardt said it doesnt matter if theyre booing or cheering as long as they are making noise. it is a compliment and shows that you are doing your job right.

and yes everything bill and tom say and do are very calculated. i will give them that. at this stage of their career it seems a bit amateur and trivial to me though. after all ive never seen any other "dynasty have to resort to these types of tactics. to me it shows a little weakness, which in this age of parity may actually exist. that is why i dont feel they are quite as dominant os some of the dynasties of the past.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #19
3 to be 4
Team Owner

didnt say Manning was crap. to me hes the #14 QB of all time.
But nobody crowned Fouts or Kelly Mr Everything like the current media does. Manning has been annointed a place he hasnt earned yet. When/if he steps up and leads them to a championship then that changes.

BTW, im not one of those who feels the Patriots and Brady are somehow slighted. Man, this year alone theyve been on National TV 10 times and they have commercials on everywhere. Opening Night this year in Foxboro was like a coronation on ABC.
It was bliss as a Patriots fan. And I couldnt ask for more. Accept another trophy.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #20
tony hipchest

not accusing you of saying that, but dont you get the impression that most patfans think manning totally sucks based soley on his games against the patriots? as a fan of neither team this is totally the impression i get.