Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #21
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: tom brady whining again about "no respect"

not really. i think most Patriots think he totally sucks against the Patriots, not that he totally sucks. In a way, winning on Nov 7 makes it harder i think for the Colts. they thought the monkey was off their backs but if they play again it will render Nov 7th meaningless. this entire playoff has put more pressure on the Colts than on any team in recent history. They HAVE to win it this time. Dont you think if they see Belichick, Brady, and a revived Patriot team coming out of that tunnel it'll will make them think a little??
to a lesser extent i think its true if they have to play the Steelers again. pretty hard to beat either the Patriots or Steelers twice in the same season.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I think Manning is a fine QB. I think Brady is a fine QB. I think either one of them playing for the '94,'95,'97,'01, and '04 Steelers would have resulted in 9 Super Bowl wins, not 4.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #23
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Hey Brady You Drunken Jackass. Your Team has gotten too much respect.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,881 Times in 4,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
not really. i think most Patriots think he totally sucks against the Patriots, not that he totally sucks. In a way, winning on Nov 7 makes it harder i think for the Colts. they thought the monkey was off their backs but if they play again it will render Nov 7th meaningless. this entire playoff has put more pressure on the Colts than on any team in recent history. They HAVE to win it this time. Dont you think if they see Belichick, Brady, and a revived Patriot team coming out of that tunnel it'll will make them think a little??
to a lesser extent i think its true if they have to play the Steelers again. pretty hard to beat either the Patriots or Steelers twice in the same season.
i see your reasonning but then on the flipside i see how farve and young were able to get the dallas monkeys off their back so im not gonna write off mannings chances untill i see how his body language is in the 1st quarter if they happen to meet again (his body language is often telling of how the end results will be) hell im not nostrodamus so all i can do is speculate but if any year was mannings year this has to be it right? GO STEELERS! it would suck for him but would be great for the steelers to crush the bengals and then the colts dreams. that might even take some of the psychological edge away from the pats if we happened to meet up in the afcc g
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #25
3 to be 4
Team Owner

ok, now i have to go through the Manning scenario.

i cant agree with 94. the 49ers were just too awesome. 1995 for sure.
******* although all this is predicated on potential- as Manning has NEVER shown up for any kind of championship game- that being said i'll continue based on potential******
i dont know about 1997. i dont think hed have the composure to get past the Packers,just a gut feeling. or 2001 vs the Rams. not disciplined enough. that entire gameplan by Belichick was based on discipline, by the offense led by Brady, and the defensive scheme.
i'll give him 2002 but warily.
i cant give him 2004 because hed make the same mistakes vs Belichicks defense that Ben did. id give him this year.
thats 1995, 2002,and this year. 3 championships.
but i still want to see him do it.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #26
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Hey Brady You Drunken Jackass. Your Team has gotten too much respect.
exactly what i was thinking but didnt say!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #27
3 to be 4
Team Owner

that might even take some of the psychological edge away from the pats if we happened to meet up in the afcc g

oh ,you are dreaming. the Patriots AND Patriots fans have more respect for the Steelers than any other team, definatly more than the Colts.
it would be a classic war. Steelers at Patriots for the AFC Championship.
believe me, it would be ON!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:34 PM   #28
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
ok, now i have to go through the Manning scenario.

i cant agree with 94. the 49ers were just too awesome. 1995 for sure.
******* although all this is predicated on potential- as Manning has NEVER shown up for any kind of championship game- that being said i'll continue based on potential******
i dont know about 1997. i dont think hed have the composure to get past the Packers,just a gut feeling. or 2001 vs the Rams. not disciplined enough. that entire gameplan by Belichick was based on discipline, by the offense led by Brady, and the defensive scheme.
i'll give him 2002 but warily.
i cant give him 2004 because hed make the same mistakes vs Belichicks defense that Ben did. id give him this year.
thats 1995, 2002,and this year. 3 championships.
but i still want to see him do it.
3 champs and his numbers make for a pretty good carreer even if he retires today. now is where it gets interresting. take any of the following- niel odonnell, tomszak, kordell, maddox or a rookie qb and put them on the:

49ers=no sb
green bay= no sb
broncos=no sb
patriots=no sb
dallas=no sb
colts=no chance to even make a sb

why does everyone seem to blame cowher for past failures when its obvious he never had an adequate qb to LEAD his team?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #29
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
that might even take some of the psychological edge away from the pats if we happened to meet up in the afcc g

oh ,you are dreaming. the Patriots AND Patriots fans have more respect for the Steelers than any other team, definatly more than the Colts.
it would be a classic war. Steelers at Patriots for the AFC Championship.
believe me, it would be ON!
it would be on, but if ben proves he can lead his team past offensive powerhouses like the bengals and colts i dont think the patriots would think it would be as easy as it was last year. actually it might be an edge for the steelers if they did think this. the psychology that goes into games such as this is one of the most intriguing things about football if you ask me. on the surface it seems like football is nothing but a physicall game but is probably the most mental.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #30
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

My point was missed...with a dominant defense and the ability to exploit the defense when they overcommit to the run, why not? We are dealing in if's and maybe's anyway, so anything goes...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote