Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
but he got 1000 points
Grand Theft Auto has ruined so many people. I often drive down the road and see people on the sidewalk and wonder how much they are worth.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i wonder how many stars he got.. after he hit the person...

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #13
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,629 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Grand Theft Auto has ruined so many people. I often drive down the road and see people on the sidewalk and wonder how much they are worth.
That game is so cool.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
actually, GTA stole that idea from the old time tradition of saying that stuff out loud when you were a teenager and first got your license to drive. At least, I know me and my friends would do that. "Little Old Lady, 500 points"

as for this fool getting arrested. I'm suprised more athletes don't get in trouble with guns to be honest.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Ha! I work in Culver City and hadn't heard about it. He should have known better than to carry a weapon in Los Angeles. This ain't Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Marshawn Lynch Suspended for First 3 Games of 2009 Season

Dumb ass.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/09/m...ded-3-games%2F

Marshawn Lynch Suspended 3 Games

Posted Apr 09, 2009 12:30AM By Will Brinson

Marshawn Lynch recently got in more trouble with the NFL when he was arrested on a concealed firearm charge. It was later revealed that Lynch also had marijuana on his person at the time, although no charges were filed.

Because this was Lynch's second run-in with the law in the past 12 months, it was more or less assumed that the Bills' running back would be suspended by the NFL. And now it's official, according to a report from ESPN's Michael Smith, Roger Goodell will suspend Lynch for the first three games of the 2009 season.

Smith reports, via sources, that an announcement is expected as early as Thursday afternoon and that Lynch will appeal the suspension.

None of this is surprising, of course. In today's NFL, if you have two criminal brushes in the span of 365 days, you can expect a suspension, particularly if those charges involve the phrases "striking a female pedestrian with a car" and "carrying a concealed weapon."

For the Bills, this news couldn't come at a worse time; they're focusing on shoring up other areas in this month's NFL Draft and yet, suddenly find themselves with one suspended running back and another member of the backfield -- Fred Jackson -- unhappy with his contract situation.

In other words, Lynch's troubles might not totally alter the 2009 NFL Draft, but his suspension certainly isn't bad news for prospects like Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno and Donald Brown, who are hoping to see their first-round value boosted.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #17
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Suspended for First 3 Games of 2009 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Dumb ass.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/09/m...ded-3-games%2F

Marshawn Lynch Suspended 3 Games

Posted Apr 09, 2009 12:30AM By Will Brinson

Marshawn Lynch recently got in more trouble with the NFL when he was arrested on a concealed firearm charge. It was later revealed that Lynch also had marijuana on his person at the time, although no charges were filed.

Because this was Lynch's second run-in with the law in the past 12 months, it was more or less assumed that the Bills' running back would be suspended by the NFL. And now it's official, according to a report from ESPN's Michael Smith, Roger Goodell will suspend Lynch for the first three games of the 2009 season.

Smith reports, via sources, that an announcement is expected as early as Thursday afternoon and that Lynch will appeal the suspension.

None of this is surprising, of course. In today's NFL, if you have two criminal brushes in the span of 365 days, you can expect a suspension, particularly if those charges involve the phrases "striking a female pedestrian with a car" and "carrying a concealed weapon."

For the Bills, this news couldn't come at a worse time; they're focusing on shoring up other areas in this month's NFL Draft and yet, suddenly find themselves with one suspended running back and another member of the backfield -- Fred Jackson -- unhappy with his contract situation.

In other words, Lynch's troubles might not totally alter the 2009 NFL Draft, but his suspension certainly isn't bad news for prospects like Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno and Donald Brown, who are hoping to see their first-round value boosted.
For the first 3 games...it WILL be TO time! That's for sure!
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #18
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I dunno...seems like having a gun shouldn't be a crime unless you're already a convicted felon.

I don't think the issue is the fact that he had a gun... as much as it was a "concealed" gun.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,880 Times in 4,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I don't think the issue is the fact that he had a gun... as much as it was a "concealed" gun.
its all "legal" semantics though, right?

i mean i can ride through town on a horse with a gun on my hip and be fine. but as soon as i step into my car and take teh holster off and set it on the passenger seat beside me, it is considered "concealed"????

has anyone on earth ever buckled up (to abide by the law) with a .357 s&w magnum strapped to their hip? any right handed shooter who has owned a .357 knows this simply isnt happening.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #20
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,417 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its all "legal" semantics though, right?

i mean i can ride through town on a horse with a gun on my hip and be fine. but as soon as i step into my car and take teh holster off and set it on the passenger seat beside me, it is considered "concealed"????

has anyone on earth ever buckled up (to abide by the law) with a .357 s&w magnum strapped to their hip? any right handed shooter who has owned a .357 knows this simply isnt happening.
Sure it can. Snub nose .357

Wife has a Rossi .357 snubby, only about 6" long.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote