Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #11
KeiselPower99
Living Legend
 
KeiselPower99's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkersburg West Virginia
Posts: 3,583
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8552
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
but he got 1000 points
Grand Theft Auto has ruined so many people. I often drive down the road and see people on the sidewalk and wonder how much they are worth.
__________________
]
KeiselPower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars
 
lilyoder6's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Playin' touch football, on marijuana street
Posts: 6,388
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2568
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

i wonder how many stars he got.. after he hit the person...
__________________

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #13
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 105,117
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,370
Thanked 3,887 Times in 1,629 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Grand Theft Auto has ruined so many people. I often drive down the road and see people on the sidewalk and wonder how much they are worth.
That game is so cool.
__________________
Galax Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,279
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 32
Thanked 106 Times in 58 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Grand Theft Auto has ruined so many people. I often drive down the road and see people on the sidewalk and wonder how much they are worth.
actually, GTA stole that idea from the old time tradition of saying that stuff out loud when you were a teenager and first got your license to drive. At least, I know me and my friends would do that. "Little Old Lady, 500 points"

as for this fool getting arrested. I'm suprised more athletes don't get in trouble with guns to be honest.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Boys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Skins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Fins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Seahawks 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter
 
klick81's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,683
Member Number: 1396
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Ha! I work in Culver City and hadn't heard about it. He should have known better than to carry a weapon in Los Angeles. This ain't Texas!
__________________
Ward, after being fined by Goodell on a play that was not penalized:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Marshawn Lynch Suspended for First 3 Games of 2009 Season

Dumb ass.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/09/m...ded-3-games%2F

Marshawn Lynch Suspended 3 Games

Posted Apr 09, 2009 12:30AM By Will Brinson

Marshawn Lynch recently got in more trouble with the NFL when he was arrested on a concealed firearm charge. It was later revealed that Lynch also had marijuana on his person at the time, although no charges were filed.

Because this was Lynch's second run-in with the law in the past 12 months, it was more or less assumed that the Bills' running back would be suspended by the NFL. And now it's official, according to a report from ESPN's Michael Smith, Roger Goodell will suspend Lynch for the first three games of the 2009 season.

Smith reports, via sources, that an announcement is expected as early as Thursday afternoon and that Lynch will appeal the suspension.

None of this is surprising, of course. In today's NFL, if you have two criminal brushes in the span of 365 days, you can expect a suspension, particularly if those charges involve the phrases "striking a female pedestrian with a car" and "carrying a concealed weapon."

For the Bills, this news couldn't come at a worse time; they're focusing on shoring up other areas in this month's NFL Draft and yet, suddenly find themselves with one suspended running back and another member of the backfield -- Fred Jackson -- unhappy with his contract situation.

In other words, Lynch's troubles might not totally alter the 2009 NFL Draft, but his suspension certainly isn't bad news for prospects like Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno and Donald Brown, who are hoping to see their first-round value boosted.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #17
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain
 
BrandonCarr39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 924
Member Number: 7458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Suspended for First 3 Games of 2009 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Dumb ass.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/09/m...ded-3-games%2F

Marshawn Lynch Suspended 3 Games

Posted Apr 09, 2009 12:30AM By Will Brinson

Marshawn Lynch recently got in more trouble with the NFL when he was arrested on a concealed firearm charge. It was later revealed that Lynch also had marijuana on his person at the time, although no charges were filed.

Because this was Lynch's second run-in with the law in the past 12 months, it was more or less assumed that the Bills' running back would be suspended by the NFL. And now it's official, according to a report from ESPN's Michael Smith, Roger Goodell will suspend Lynch for the first three games of the 2009 season.

Smith reports, via sources, that an announcement is expected as early as Thursday afternoon and that Lynch will appeal the suspension.

None of this is surprising, of course. In today's NFL, if you have two criminal brushes in the span of 365 days, you can expect a suspension, particularly if those charges involve the phrases "striking a female pedestrian with a car" and "carrying a concealed weapon."

For the Bills, this news couldn't come at a worse time; they're focusing on shoring up other areas in this month's NFL Draft and yet, suddenly find themselves with one suspended running back and another member of the backfield -- Fred Jackson -- unhappy with his contract situation.

In other words, Lynch's troubles might not totally alter the 2009 NFL Draft, but his suspension certainly isn't bad news for prospects like Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno and Donald Brown, who are hoping to see their first-round value boosted.
For the first 3 games...it WILL be TO time! That's for sure!
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #18
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I dunno...seems like having a gun shouldn't be a crime unless you're already a convicted felon.

I don't think the issue is the fact that he had a gun... as much as it was a "concealed" gun.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,615
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,399
Thanked 10,880 Times in 4,504 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I don't think the issue is the fact that he had a gun... as much as it was a "concealed" gun.
its all "legal" semantics though, right?

i mean i can ride through town on a horse with a gun on my hip and be fine. but as soon as i step into my car and take teh holster off and set it on the passenger seat beside me, it is considered "concealed"????

has anyone on earth ever buckled up (to abide by the law) with a .357 s&w magnum strapped to their hip? any right handed shooter who has owned a .357 knows this simply isnt happening.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #20
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,920
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 2,100
Thanked 6,417 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default Re: Marshawn Lynch Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its all "legal" semantics though, right?

i mean i can ride through town on a horse with a gun on my hip and be fine. but as soon as i step into my car and take teh holster off and set it on the passenger seat beside me, it is considered "concealed"????

has anyone on earth ever buckled up (to abide by the law) with a .357 s&w magnum strapped to their hip? any right handed shooter who has owned a .357 knows this simply isnt happening.
Sure it can. Snub nose .357

Wife has a Rossi .357 snubby, only about 6" long.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts