Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Thoughts on the OSU/UT Game

A) Added intrigue because both schools had the balls to schedule each other for that home/home series a few years back.
B) Texas will bring their A+++ game because a statement win could (longshot) net them a share of the title.
C) Those seniors who stayed for the Bucks will bring their A+++ game as well.
D) Forget the past two NC games that the Bucks folded in. The pressure is off and they can just go play football tonite.
E) Pryor is in his "second season". He's had just about as much time to prepare for this game as he had in his "first season". I expect to see him shine.
F) Bucks win by a TD and redeem the BIg Ten
Old 01-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876
Default Re: Thoughts on the OSU/UT Game

I'm trying to decide who has the worst Band uniforms. Its a toss up right now.

Great game so far though.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Big 10

1-6 in bowl games

Tressel for Browns head coach

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

What a kick in the nuts that loss was.

Our defense holds Texas to their lowest point total the entire season.

Buckeyes take the lead, leaving Colt McCoy 1:36 to drive 76 yards for a TD tow in the game.

Using no timeouts, McCoy leads the Longhorns into Buckeye territory. He throws a TD pass to Cosby who has to break a tackle to get into the endzone. if Coleman doesn't blow that tackle, the Buckeyes more than likley win the damn game.

I would rather be blown out than lose that way. At least when your team gets blown out, you don't have that hope at the end that they are gonna win.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Well, to be fair, Texas was the better team top to bottom, although Ohio State was the best defense they've seen all year.

Pryor is sloppy throwing the football, but when he cleans up and corrects his passing game, he'll be SCARY good. It's just effortless for him.

Wells is going pro...if you're going to get hurt, and he's a big back so he will be getting hurt, it's best to get paid for it.

All told, great effort, and THAT is Ohio State Football. There are only a handful of teams in the Country that can beat OSU when they play solid football, and Texas is one of them.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

That's for sure Reve.

I think we'll see a whole new Pryor next season.

Remember the transformation Troy Smith made from his first season as a starter to his second? He went from throwing little and running a lot to throwing a lot and running a little.

We're gonna see a transformation like that with Pryor. The kid's gonna end up a Heisman Trophy winner before the end of his Ohio State career.

As for Wells, I think he's gonna go pro now. He got hurt again, and if you've got the oppurtunity to get paid for the beating you take when you play like Beanie does, go get paid. I just hope he doesn't end up in the AFC North.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

He could...Cleveland picks 5th, and Lewis is getting old.

All in all, I'm proud of the Buckeyes. Their offense was pretty average this year while they groomed Pryor, but 10-3 and a BCS game is not so bad. I think it's safe to start thinking BCS title game next year if we beat USC in Columbus in September.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
He could...Cleveland picks 5th, and Lewis is getting old.

All in all, I'm proud of the Buckeyes. Their offense was pretty average this year while they groomed Pryor, but 10-3 and a BCS game is not so bad. I think it's safe to start thinking BCS title game next year if we beat USC in Columbus in September.
Yeah, the Buckeyes sorta redeemed themselves with this loss, funny to say. We lost to the team from the Big 12 I think should be playing in the NCG, and against the player I thought should have won the Heisman. But we didn't get blown out like a lot of people expected, and we damn near won the game.

Speaking of USC, I think the Buckeyes need to take a page from their book. Tress changes his system depending on his players, mostly his QB's, talents.

Part of the reason USC has been so successful is because they have one system and they recruit guys that just fit that system. So they don't have a mismatch of a running QB behind an offensive line who isn't built for that type of QB style.

That was a big part of the offensive problems when Pryor took over. The offensive line was built for a pocket passing QB and a power run game. The offensive system was for that type of football. Now you're asking them to do things that they had not been asked to do all year.

JT needs to get an offensive coordinator and let the OC call the plays. Keep veto power in case you really dont like what's called, but don't veto everything because you wanna call the plays.

I just feel bad for this awesome class of seniors. They end up leaving Ohio State with the stigma that they can't win the big game.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

The thing is OSU has never really recruited blue chip QB's before. Zwick was the closest we'd seen, and he was a bit of a bust. It really makes no sense because the Buckeyes are a premier, perennial top-5 program, and they should be able to lure top QB prospects every year, not just this one. It's almost like it was de-prioritized.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #10
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

when ohio state goes for two why does tress call a fade with pryor who has problems with accuracy instead of letting pryor use his legs to get the two points. it seems to me that tress is forcing things with pryor. overall a good game and OSU should be happy with how they played. The played much better than most of the big 10 teams who stunk it up this bowl season.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote