Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120
Default Beheading

I found this very upsetting. Interesting that it has not made national headlines.

Quote:
Muzzammil Hassan, right, founder of Bridges TV, is charged with murder in the beheading of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, left, in Orchard Park.

Prominent Orchard Park man charged with beheading his wife
By Gene Warner

Orchard Park police are investigating a particularly gruesome killing, the beheading of a woman, after her husband — an influential member of the local Muslim community — reported her death to police Thursday.

Police identified the victim as Aasiya Z. Hassan, 37. Detectives have charged her husband, Muzzammil Hassan, 44, with second-degree murder.

"He came to the police station at 6:20 p.m. [Thursday] and told us that she was dead," Orchard Park Police Chief Andrew Benz said late this morning.

Muzzammil Hassan told police that his wife was at his business, Bridges TV, on Thorn Avenue in the village. Officers went to that location and discovered her body.

Muzzammil Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004, amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light.

The killing apparently occurred some time late Thursday afternoon. Detectives still are looking for the murder weapon.

"Obviously, this is the worst form of domestic violence possible," Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III said today.

Authorities say Aasiya Hassan recently had filed for divorce from her husband.

"She had an order of protection that had him out of the home as of Friday the 6th [of February]," Benz said.

Muzzammil Hassan was arraigned before Village Justice Deborah Chimes and sent to the Erie County Holding Center.

gwarner@buffnews.com
http://www.buffalonews.com/437/story/578644.html
Old 02-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: Beheading

(quote) Muzzammil Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004, amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light.(end quote)

well, that'll do it.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

"Muzzammil Hassan is the founder and chief executive officer of Bridges TV, which he launched in 2004, amid hopes that it would help portray Muslims in a more positive light."

The reason this isn't all over the news is because it will make the peaceful muslims look like murderers! That is why. But if it was an american attacking a muslim in the US it wouldbe all over the news
Old 02-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
"Obviously, this is the worst form of domestic violence possible," Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III said today.
Gee Frank - ya think?

I so wish this country would penalize murderers the way they do in third world countries. This Shkabibble chopped off his wife's head - he should endure the same horrible fate.

I don't like or trust ANY Muslim after 911. I know the 911 perps were extremists, but when all is said and done, Muslims of any form stick together like glue.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I don't like or trust ANY Muslim after 911. I know the 911 perps were extremists, but when all is said and done, Muslims of any form stick together like glue.
Wow. You realize that you are part of the problem too, yes?

There was a little get together here in Albuquerque after 9/11 of some Muslims just thrashing what some of them had done, laying into them and talking how these are not the teachings of Muhammad. It was open to everyone, and showed that some of them truly believe in peace, and are disgusted with what their "brothers" have done.

Believe it or not, there are good and bad in all things. Of course, I really wasn't too hot on Protestants and Catholics (I was raised Catholic) for a while there, I mean what with burning eachother and all that, and we all know Christians are devoid of sensibility when Faith is questioned, so I don't trust any of them either!

Its a real shame that this guy did this, part of the problem is that many of those on both sides (Muslim, Palestinian, Israeli, U.S.) that influence policy are less than enlightened and virtuous people.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post

There was a little get together here in Albuquerque after 9/11 of some Muslims just thrashing what some of them had done, laying into them and talking how these are not the teachings of Muhammad. It was open to everyone, and showed that some of them truly believe in peace, and are disgusted with what their "brothers" have done.

Believe it or not, there are good and bad in all things. Of course, I really wasn't too hot on Protestants and Catholics (I was raised Catholic) for a while there, I mean what with burning eachother and all that, and we all know Christians are devoid of sensibility when Faith is questioned, so I don't trust any of them either!

Its a real shame that this guy did this, part of the problem is that many of those on both sides (Muslim, Palestinian, Israeli, U.S.) that influence policy are less than enlightened and virtuous people.
She is not part of the problem, as the Muslim’s themselves, have created and continue, steadfast might I add, to prove that they hate us. Sure, there are good Muslims, but I do not trust them either, as they will stick to their faith before they would listen to reason. I had the chance a couple of years ago to read the Koran – it is not what most think that it is - a peacefull teaching of God.

There are bad people that call themselves “Christians” but they do not behave in the manner that the Muslims do, not even close.

I will stick by my Bible and choose to trust no one, but God. The Muslim religion, as a whole scares me.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885

Quote:

Be careful with that intolerant "Christians are devoid of sensibility" swipe. I think Preacher and myself (among others) on here take offense at that ridiculous ad hominem.

A little history lesson, ladies and gents: the founder of Islam, Mohammed, was truly the first fundamentalist Muslim. Considering his track record of beheadings/maimings/murder/theft/deceit, I'm not surprised that other Muslims follow in his footsteps, even today.

Also--this is only second-degree murder? What does it take to qualify for first-degree murder--setting his wife on fire after beheading her? Good grief.
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:

You realize this is Part of the Culture of this Relgion right?

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ed...mes_to_the_us/
Old 02-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post

Indeed.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCurtain7 View Post
Be careful with that intolerant "Christians are devoid of sensibility" swipe. I think Preacher and myself (among others) on here take offense at that ridiculous ad hominem.

A little history lesson, ladies and gents: the founder of Islam, Mohammed, was truly the first fundamentalist Muslim. Considering his track record of beheadings/maimings/murder/theft/deceit, I'm not surprised that other Muslims follow in his footsteps, even today.

Also--this is only second-degree murder? What does it take to qualify for first-degree murder--setting his wife on fire after beheading her? Good grief.

It is hardly ridiculous. Were I who I am spiritually now I wouldn't trust one darn Christian a couple hundred years ago, and who could blame me? Of course, those who do not preach violence -as I'm sure Preacher doesn't preach violence-, are an asset to the world.

I'm saying, its a long process, but helping to take the first step is a possibility. I mean, let's face it, with the Crusades, Inquisitions, and whatnot, the Church and Christian faith in general could have been labelled the world's greatest threat of peace a few centuries ago, and look at it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post

Oh, certainly it is a culture of violence, and I suppose "trust" is rarely warranted, but to say that every single Muslim would see you float down the river rather than possibly go against his faith is naive. Honestly, I know some Muslims who are incredible people, and the past 8 years have been a challenge.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote