Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 AM   #91
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Beheading

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShooter View Post
Actually, at 16, you are absolutely correct....you do not know better.
Having been "over there" twice since this war began, and nine times total since the late 80's..........I have lost more friends and Brothers than you probably even have.

I am lucky. I have never been wounded....physically.

But just as my Uncle has a distrust of some people after returning from Vietnam, I have my own distrusts. It becomes a natural human reaction to be more cautious.

I listened to the radio chatter (bridge-to-bridge) immediately following 9-11 and had to endure the shouts of triumph and celebrations in various middle-eastern languages. I have touched the charred bodies of young people only a couple of years older than you who were victims of IEDs. I have worn uniforms that were stained in the blood of Heroes until new ones were issued. You were probably watching a movie that you had rented that night. My first Cousin, still a kid himself, picked up pieces of meat that were once Men of his own unit that were hit by mortar fire in 2003. That would make you what, 11 then? Did Sponge-Bob Square Pants have a good episode that night?

Now, to be completely fair; the man who saved my Sister's life (she is a breast cancer survivor) was a Muslim who has not returned to the Mosque since a week after 9-11. But my hair still stands on end when I was around him before and after the multiple surgeries. I was not at ease. My head turned quickly when I heard someone walk up behind me at the hospital. I cringed momentarily as I passed broken patches of pavement in the highway on the way to the hospital wondering if it were going to explode.

Does this make me a racist? I am a Christian and I wear my cross on my Dog Tags. If captured during my times over there it could have cost me the attachment of my cranium.

My apologies. I had no intention of rambling on. Good night.
I wouldn't call this a rambling but more of an eye opening monlogue. Many people today don't get to hear this type of stuff. All they hear is what the media wants them to hear. And believe me, as I'm sure you know, this kind of story isn't one of them.

I think it's good for the younger people to hear this. It's necessary for them to hear that the stories they get in the news are not what the truth is - especially in war and especially in that neck of the woods.

I do not know what it's like to hold fallen comrades and I thank God that I don't.

But I can understand that growing distrust for certain people. It was something I experienced in my brief time in Guam.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #92
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
It actually costs more to give someone the death penalty than it does to keep them in jail for life.

I don't know you could probably get someone to cut his head off at a reasonable rate.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #93
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
I don't know you could probably get someone to cut his head off at a reasonable rate.
Rusty knives at the flea market are cheap as dirt!
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #94
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

I promised HTG I'll be good after using up a years supply of F words in my last post.........so I'll just add the shortcut below. Interesting reading. Seems not all is rosey in the Terrorist camp these days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...bin-Laden.html

(Never trust a Country who put an A after a Q...........It's always a U!!!, even a six year old knows that!)

"The terrorist attacks on September 11 were both immoral and counterproductive" - No sh*t Sherlock....You reckon??? A conscience is a wonderful thing....it'll creep up on you and slap you around the face........especially when you're facing the rest of your worthless life in an Egyptian prison.

As Metallica so eloquently put it....Kill 'Em All
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts

Last edited by TeeJay; 02-22-2009 at 01:05 AM.
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #95
SteelShooter
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2156

Thanks for posting the artical TeeJay......quite interesting.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon.
SteelShooter is offline   Reply With Quote