Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #21
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645
Default Re: Beheading

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Muslims hijack some planes and fly them into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon??? They are not tolerate of any religion but theres and we are supposed to ignore them doing crazy $hit like this??? Im not a racist. If someone is told by their crazy ass god to murder you then I think you should be a lil intolerate of them.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Christians in the U.S., and many other countries, made a public display of burning someone alive.

Good men, and bad men, live under every flag, ever religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I think you need to pull your head out and learn what "racism" actually means before you call anyone out for being so. Islam is a RELIGION, not a RACE. Learn the difference.
True. Kind of nitpicking, but true. We'll just say its prejudice.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #22
Hapa
Banned

Member Number: 8230

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Muslims hijack some planes and fly them into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon??? They are not tolerate of any religion but theres and we are supposed to ignore them doing crazy $hit like this??? Im not a racist. If someone is told by their crazy ass god to murder you then I think you should be a lil intolerate of them.
I understand that we can't tolerate terrorists, but to hate all Muslims just because the actions of a small percenatage of them seems completely prejudice to me. What about the Christian man that killed a lesbian, saying Jesus told him to do it. Should I hate myself because that happened? How many Catholics, Huguenots, and Protestants were killed in Europe in the name of God? Should we hate all them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa
It really is crazy that they're so racist and not ashamed of it. They're saying they would never like or trust anyone once they found out they were Muslim.

I'm sure they hear about racism from other people and think to themselves "I'm not racist". They should realize they are extremely racist.

Polamalu Princess saw my post and didn't reply to it. She'll probably reply now that I'm calling her out.
I think you need to pull your head out and learn what "racism" actually means before you call anyone out for being so. Islam is a RELIGION, not a RACE. Learn the difference.
That's not the point of what I'm fighting for. Yes you are right, and I was wrong to call it "racism". But is terminology important? That's not what this is about. Are you saying that because it is a religion, it is therefore right to hate all Muslims? I had my terminology wrong, but it seems like you're just looking for me to make an error that is unimportant and attack it, because you know the basis of my argument is correct and yours is wrong.

To hate someone before you meet them is wrong, can you deny that? If you truly believe that is right, then you're right, I'm wrong. I don't think you should hate anyone if you know NOTHING about them other than race, sex, religion.
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #23
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
That's not the point of what I'm fighting for. Yes you are right, and I was wrong to call it "racism". But is terminology important? That's not what this is about. Are you saying that because it is a religion, it is therefore right to hate all Muslims? I had my terminology wrong, but it seems like you're just looking for me to make an error that is not important and attacking it, because you know the basis of my argument is correct and yours is wrong.
When it comes to making value judgments, who are you or I to say what's "right" and "wrong?" For the record, I don't hate all Muslims. I certainly don't hate Muhammad Ali or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, for example. Would I feel a little apprehensive getting on a plane with someone wearing a turban? Yep. Sorry, but I would.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #24
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Quote:
When it comes to making value judgments, who are you or I to say what's "right" and "wrong?" For the record, I don't hate all Muslims. I certainly don't hate Muhammad Ali or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, for example. Would I feel a little apprehensive getting on a plane with someone wearing a turban? Yep. Sorry, but I would.
Apprehensive? Makes sense to me. Two kids are behind a building in a shady area with a girl who, at a glance, seems distressed. Signals are okay, and one thing, but openly prejudice with almost no rational foundation is another.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #25
Hapa
Banned

Quote:
When it comes to making value judgments, who are you or I to say what's "right" and "wrong?" For the record, I don't hate all Muslims. I certainly don't hate Muhammad Ali or Kareen Abdul-Jabbar, for example. Would I feel a little apprehensive getting on a plane with someone wearing a turban? Yep. Sorry, but I would.
That's still prejudice. Apprehension or hate, it's still prejudice, treating someone different based on how they look. I'm no one to judge what's wrong, I'm telling you how I feel.

You justify you aren't prejudice by saying you wouldn't be afraid of Muhammad Ali or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, but if you only saw them from behind with a turban on, you'd be afraid of them.

On top of that, most Muslims don't even wear turbans. So, good chance, you'll be treating an Indian worse because he has a turban on.

What I'm arguing is that you guys are judging people 100% based on how they look. If you believe that is right, then we can't argue. There's nothing to argue about and this is pointless.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #26
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
What I'm arguing is that you guys are judging people 100% based on how they look. If you believe that is right, then we can't argue. There's nothing to argue about and this is pointless.
Well, that's life. It sucks, but people judge others and form a favorable or unfavorable first impression of others based largely on the way they look. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that is the way it is.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #27
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

YES - I am prejudiced against Muslims and I will freely admit it. I personally knew 3 people who died in the September 11th attacks, one was a former business associate who was the kindest, sweetest woman God ever created.

Here's just one example of why I dislike them, don't trust them and wouldn't piss on them if they were dying in the desert:

[YOUTUBE]KrM0dAFsZ8k[/YOUTUBE]

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #28
Hapa
Banned

Quote:
Well, that's life. It sucks, but people judge others and form a favorable or unfavorable first impression of others based largely on the way they look. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that is the way it is.
That's not what we were talking about before. You were saying that you judge people based on looks and I was saying that it's wrong to do that.

Of course, there are always going to be sexist, racist, and prejudice people. Does that make it right?

I gotta go to bed now but we can continue debating tomorrow. G'nite.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #29
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,290 Posts

Quote:
That's still prejudice. Apprehension or hate, it's still prejudice, treating someone different based on how they look. I'm no one to judge what's wrong, I'm telling you how I feel.

You justify you aren't prejudice by saying you wouldn't be afraid of Muhammad Ali or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, but if you only saw them from behind with a turban on, you'd be afraid of them.

On top of that, most Muslims don't even wear turbans. So, good chance, you'll be treating an Indian worse because he has a turban on.

That's all fine and dandy. But we need to watch our ass's, after all it wasn't the U.S. that called for a jihad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #30
Hapa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
YES - I am prejudiced against Muslims and I will freely admit it. I personally knew 3 people who died in the September 11th attacks, one was a former business associate who was the kindest, sweetest woman God ever created.

Here's just one example of why I dislike them, don't trust them and wouldn't piss on them if they were dying in the desert:

[YOUTUBE]KrM0dAFsZ8k[/YOUTUBE]

You knowing people that died in 9/11 of course is traumatizing, but, as I said 4-5 times already, hating every Muslim in the world because of what some Muslims have done is preposterous. I knew 8 people that died in the attacks, I live right in the area. Is that really relevant though, that I personally knew them?

I can't believe that you learned nothing from history class, looking at all the prejudice in the past. Didn't you ever think "Oh my gosh, how could they think that way towards black people, or do those things? How could they hate all the Jews based on their religion?" How can you tell me you aren't doing the exact same thing.