Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-17-2009, 05:14 AM   #1
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338
Default My Top 5 Mock Draft

These are my thoughts on what the top 5 teams in the upcoming NFL draft should do with their respective selections

1 Detroit Lions
OT Eugene Monroe
Virginia

2 St.Louis
DT B.J. Raji
Boston College

3 Kansas City
QB Matt Stafford
Georgia

4 Seattle
WR Michael Crabtree
Texas Tech

5 Cleveland
RB Chris "Beanie" Wells
Ohio State

Ok, I know there will be a lot of people disagree with me on these, but I think that this makes sense to me as a bias NFL fan. I think that Stafford is not the best available player for the Lions. If they have to take Stafford, I think they should just trade the pick and get some quanity for very little quaility. I am not bought on Stafford and I think that they need to build that offensive line for the future. They had a good QB in Jon Kitna and couldnt protect him, what makes drafting Stafford any better? Maybe they can sign Michael Vick so they havent got to block but for about 2 seconds and then let him run for his life..
Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 AM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,306 Times in 1,413 Posts
Default Re: My Top 5 Mock Draft

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Kitna and Vick are lousy.

The top 3 teams are absolute disasters. I think having a team with so many needs you're better off moving down in the draft several times to get better value and avoid cap problems and drama with the top picks.

Of all those guys Raji may be the most valuable.
Steely McSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

If I was the Lions, I would sign Leftwich, draft Monroe and release Culpepper. But, this is the lions so they will probably get Stafford with the #1 pick, Eben Britton with the #20 pick and sign Vernon Carey in free agency.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

I think Stafford has bust written all over him.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:37 AM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMan21 View Post
I think Stafford has bust written all over him.
IN DETROIT....YEP... give him a chance in a semi established offense like NY, or Minn.....he may be ok....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-18-2009, 05:31 AM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
IN DETROIT....YEP... give him a chance in a semi established offense like NY, or Minn.....he may be ok....
I've agreed with you for a long time about this MOP. Detroit should go OT. In fact, if I were drafting for them I would go Smith with my 1st pick, and Mack with my 2nd pick. There is going to be 2 good QBs in the draft next year, and they will still be picking high.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 AM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
I've agreed with you for a long time about this MOP. Detroit should go OT. In fact, if I were drafting for them I would go Smith with my 1st pick, and Mack with my 2nd pick. There is going to be 2 good QBs in the draft next year, and they will still be picking high.
yep....or they could take the tackle at #1 and trade thier other # 1 and 3rd and move up to 16 and take sanchez....assuming he gets by sanfran of course. that way they get thier franchise tackle, and still get thier " face of the franchise".... and still sell jerseys...then trade thier 2nd to get a 2nd and 3rd in return ( about the 18th pick in 2 or 50th )... and go BPA the rest of the draft, since they need just about everything.

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 02-18-2009 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:01 AM   #9
SunshineMan21
Starter

Member Number: 9294

Honestly I think there's a possibility Schwartz will use the #1 on Raji . . . a lock as a good player and Detroit's D is historically bad. In any case, Stafford would be a poor pick . . . believe it or not Orlovsky was one of Detroit's few bright spots last year.
SunshineMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:32 AM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMan21 View Post
Honestly I think there's a possibility Schwartz will use the #1 on Raji . . . a lock as a good player and Detroit's D is historically bad. In any case, Stafford would be a poor pick . . . believe it or not Orlovsky was one of Detroit's few bright spots last year.
that certainly would blow up everybodies mock...and i mean EVERYBODY !!!