Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts
Default joey porter- guest studio host on nfl total access

great stuff. check it out on replay if you can.

i wouldnt give up silverback for nuthin, but i still/will always miss porter (just like i did lloyd and greene).
Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401
Default Re: joey porter- guest studio host on nfl total access

couldn't find it on nfl.com.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Replay is on at 10:00
Old 02-18-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,103 Posts

Dang I missed it.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,844 Times in 2,098 Posts

for those who missed he was asked to compare/contrast him having a big mouth vs. T.O. having a big mouth. (i paraphrase)-

"i like to drive the bus, not throw any of my teammates under it."

"when i talk im talking about [trashing] the opponent, never my teammates."

"you dont wanna be disliked in the locker room. im never disliked in my locker room."

didnt talk with parcells for a while when he was first hired, but on their real 1st meeting bill brought in lawrence taylor to the weightroom to see joey, introduced them and simply left. porter thought "i can get with this".

said he believes he is a bill parcells "guy". i think he is too. people question if he is selfish. he is the ultimate team player.

has never angered parcells. but said he'd rather face an angry tuna than cowher. rod woodson agree'd cause he had never seen the tunas bad side either.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
for those who missed he was asked to compare/contrast him having a big mouth vs. T.O. having a big mouth. (i paraphrase)-

"i like to drive the bus, not throw any of my teammates under it."

"when i talk im talking about [trashing] the opponent, never my teammates."

"you dont wanna be disliked in the locker room. im never disliked in my locker room."

didnt talk with parcells for a while when he was first hired, but on their real 1st meeting bill brought in lawrence taylor to the weightroom to see joey, introduced them and simply left. porter thought "i can get with this".

said he believes he is a bill parcells "guy". i think he is too. people question if he is selfish. he is the ultimate team player.

has never angered parcells. but said he'd rather face an angry tuna than cowher. rod woodson agree'd cause he had never seen the tunas bad side either.
Thank you.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249

I miss Joey, too. Alot of people didn't like the mouth, but he was never afraid to tell it like it is, to call out the officials & speak his mind & he was probably right about most of it. And he wasn't doing it to be a media queen, he was just calling it as he saw it. I've been following the Dolphins more down here because of him & am glad to see him doing well on his new team but you can bet a large part of his heart is still in the Burgh.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #8
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

In 2006 his last as a Steeler. My family and I were in town for the Tampa bay game. We were staying at the Hilton my youngest daughter was staking out the lobby for Big Ben. There were of course alot of people there.

An Suv pulled up and A huge man Casey Hampton got out of the drivers side. Then Peasy got out of the passenger side and just started walking through the lobby very fast while talking on his cell. There was some one there who had a camera with a huge lens and started walking with him trying to take his pic. When he got close to him the photographer walked in front of Peasy (while he was still on the cell) put the camera in his face and said "come on Joey give me a picture" He chuckled and said "come on guys please give me a little break." he walked around the amateur photographer down the hall and into the bar. He came right back out with a hoodie on his shoulder. Obviously he was talking to someone trying to get his hoodie. Amazingly I think my daughter me the guy with the camera and the person on the other end of the cell were the only ones who knew it was Peasy.

When he came out it was not until he got to the elevator that a mob started to gather and seek autographs. He said in a monotone voice that he would sign only until his elevator came but he had that mean pre game glare. The guy with the camera repeatedly asked for a pic but Peasy kept ignoring him. My daughter and I were closer to the door of the elevator when the bell rang. At that time I said "Peasy can you please take a picture with my daughter?' He just looked at me looked at my daughter then moved next to her put his arm behind her but not around her and said "sure" . I took the pic and he looked at me and said "did you get it ?" I said yes but did not check the camera. He then said simply "check it". So I did then he asked again "did you get it?'. This time I said "yes thank you Peasy" he shook my hand and said good night and got on the next elevator.

The pic is funny he looks so angry and the expression on my daughters face is just short of fear. Needless to say the guy with the camera was pissed.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

very good and funny story stlrback4life...

I saw the first 10 mins of Total Access and Peezy was funny and interesting to listen to as always...
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote