Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 02-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Abortion ban in North Dakota

http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=333726

Interesting. Also interesting how they went about it. Seems to me, for the Supreme Court to overturn this, they will also have to overturn laws that allow the courts to process murder cases against men who kill women who are pregnant. . . charging double murder.

An example is the double murder charge that Scott Peterson faced. Here, the NOW picked up on the same issue.

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feat...arm/index.html

Interesting, to say the least.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: Abortion ban in North Dakota

WOW !!!!! I'm shocked and completely thrilled over this ban on abortion. The very fact it specifies that life begins at fertilization is more than I could ever have hoped for in this day of "abortion will never be overturned, get used to it".

1. In my mind, there is no instance, and I repeat NO INSTANCE, where abortion is acceptable.

2. You can't have it both ways. If abortion is legal, there is no way you can charge somone with double murder for killing a pregnant woman. PERIOD.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

It'll be overturned. Only a matter of time, but it will be overturned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
1. In my mind, there is no instance, and I repeat NO INSTANCE, where abortion is acceptable.
Except when the woman's life is seriously endangered by the pregnancy.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

I don't agree with this at all, and not on the basis that I think it's ok to have an abortion, I know myself that I would never be comfortable considering one, but banning it does not mean the act itself will stop. The government does not have a good track record as far as legislating morality goes. There will still be women who will choose to have abortions, they will just travel to Mexico or dirty back alleys or germ infested "doctors" offices to have them done, just as it was done before it was legalized. This will not change what people choose to do, it will just change how they do it.

In my opinion it's fine for states to do what they see fit, if the people that were voted into office get this law passed then so be it, I just don't expect the whole nation to follow suit anytime soon.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Sadly the genie has been let out of the bottle and not matter how much we want it backing it will never go back in. I am not for it all, but to boldly state under no circumstances is wrong also. This subject is the great divider among most Americans. I personally have a hard time having the government tell me what I can and can not do. The folks greatly against it under any circumstance almost always say have the baby and put it up for adoption. That is a great idea im all for it, but I have walked down that road. My wife and I were foster parents basically took in the worst of the worst we did not care what race or ethnicity or the child. But until you take care of a crack or heroin baby and then have the government take that baby away because you are white and the baby is latino or black. We tried to adopt several kids, but cause we would restrict their “cultural” values we where told no way. So a lot of these kids roam from place to place inside the system. Again I am personally against the idea, but who I am to tell someone not to do it or have the government not too.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
Sadly the genie has been let out of the bottle and not matter how much we want it backing it will never go back in. I am not for it all, but to boldly state under no circumstances is wrong also. This subject is the great divider among most Americans. I personally have a hard time having the government tell me what I can and can not do. The folks greatly against it under any circumstance almost always say have the baby and put it up for adoption. That is a great idea im all for it, but I have walked down that road. My wife and I were foster parents basically took in the worst of the worst we did not care what race or ethnicity or the child. But until you take care of a crack or heroin baby and then have the government take that baby away because you are white and the baby is latino or black. We tried to adopt several kids, but cause we would restrict their “cultural” values we where told no way. So a lot of these kids roam from place to place inside the system. Again I am personally against the idea, but who I am to tell someone not to do it or have the government not too.
Of course the other side is, if you see life beginning at conception, doesn't the govt. have the responsibility to protect life? Otherwise, they couldn't legislate against murder either.

That is why the argument is so big... because depending on where you stand at the beginning, the govt. has an absolute responsibility to act, either to ban, or to allow abortion.

On the adoption issue, I am not sure when you tried to adopt, but the racial issue in adoption has pretty much gone by the waistside.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

I'm against abortion unless the womens life is in danger. And for rape or insest.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Except when the woman's life is seriously endangered by the pregnancy.
Thing is, I personally believe there are TWO lives at stake. In my mind, you can't say either the mother or the unborn baby is more worth saving. The doctors should (and I'm sure they do) do everything to save BOTH lives. Otherwise, you have a real life game of "lifeboat" going on.

sig by steelax04
Old 02-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

[QUOTE=Stlrs4Life;567011]I'm against abortion unless the womens life is in danger. And for rape or insest.[/QUOTE

Less than one tenth of one percent of abortions are pregnencies due to rape or incest. Aborting the baby in the case of rape or incest is only creating another victim. Perhaps the woman could adopt the baby out if she can't handle raising the child, but believe me, NO WAY will aborting the baby lessen the trauma of being raped or being the victim of incest. I think it all comes down to ONE simple question. When does life begin ? Personally I feel it begins at conception. And if that is the case, ANY abortion is equal to ending a life. People talk about rape, incest, life of the mother endangered.....those instances are so extremely rare. Abortion is nothing more than another form of birth control. As for "women are gonna get 'em even if they are illegal". Fine, at least she doesn't have the govts approval to murder a baby.

sig by steelax04