Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #1
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583
Default Garrett Reynolds, football edge came through uncle Hacksaw

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=519650

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- North Carolina offensive lineman Garrett Reynolds hears the tales about his uncle everywhere he goes.

Family reunions, family dinners, even total strangers.

For Reynolds, the nephew of former NFL player Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds, he can't escape the legacy.

"He won't ever tell me the story about how he got the nickname, but I've heard different versions from everyone," Reynolds said. "They're all about the same, so I know they're true."

Reynolds is among players attending the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Click here for analysis on Reynolds and more than 300 other players eligible for the NFL Draft from Sporting News' Pro Football War Room.

The normal version is that the elder Reynolds was so upset after his previously undefeated Tennessee team was embarrassed 38-0 at Mississippi. When Reynolds got back to Knoxville, he sawed his car in half.

The younger Reynolds acknowledges he doesn't have the same mindset.

"He's crazy," Reynolds said. "I may be close, but he's a wild man."

Big family
Virginia tackle Eugene Monroe didn't have to fight off his brothers and sisters for food when he was growing up.

Keeping track of birthdays was a different matter because he has 15 siblings.

But Monroe didn't learn his blocking skills from fending off everyone.

"We weren't together all the time because most of my brothers and sisters are much older than me," Monroe said. "All of them are much older than I am."

No more peanuts
Oklahoma guard Duke Robinson spent some of his teenage years at Atlanta Braves games.

Not watching, working.

Robinson, the great nephew of music legend Smokey Robinson, sold peanuts and ball caps from the time he was 14 years old till he entered college.

If he gets drafted on the first day in April, though, he won't be working for peanuts.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,459 Posts
Default Re: Garrett Reynolds, football edge came through uncle Hacksaw

Yeah, I saw Reynolds in the UNC bowl game and thought he could be that big RT that run blocks well and is so big that its hard to get around him in pass protection.;

He can run block well, but against other combine guys in drills, he showed that they can just run by him before he gets thru his kick slide. Nice story, great bloodlines but he is probably a 7th round - UFA type guy.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote