Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225
Default Emmitt is out!!

Hallelujah!!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...tt-exits-espn/

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=519948
http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1216203.html
Old 02-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885
Default Re: Emmitt is out!!

Emmitt got blowed up by ESPN? The man could not talk his way out of a wet paper bag...reco'nize.
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583

THANK GOD! I could not stand listening to him. He yammered on and on and said basically nothing.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
THANK GOD! I could not stand listening to him. He yammered on and on and said basically nothing.
just like charles barkley

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,572 Posts

anyone who couldn't pass an english class, shouldn't be allowed to have a microphone in front of them.... and this guy has a college education ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 02-20-2009 at 09:16 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Listening to him talk was painful..
Old 02-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #7
BIGIRON98
Water Boy

Member Number: 12285

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
Now we just got to get rid of 'neon deon'

And Steve Young
BIGIRON98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
bratsinmybelly
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2703

I had the chance to get to know Emmit during the fall of 2006 while I was managing a Dave & Buster's in Dallas. He and his brother Emory would come in to play a horse racing game called "Derby Owners Club" on a daily basis. It was always a hassle for him because people would not leave him alone but he came anyway. I asked him once why he didn't just buy the game for his house and he said that he just enjoyed getting out in public. The day before Thanksgiving they were there from 11:00 AM until just before midnight. He said that there were about 50 people staying at his house and he didn't want to go near the place! I will never forget the way that he carried himself in public and how nice he was to the people who would relentlessly try to talk to him and how he always refused to let us try to keep them at a distance. He would buy peoples dinner sometimes and really show folks a good time. I never once saw him turn someone away for an autograph or a picture even if he was in the middle of a game.
I hate it that his personality didn't translate well to TV because he is really an intelligent, nice person who I never once saw act like the greatest statistical running back to ever play football. I hope that he takes some time to relax and enjoy life because he has certainly earned it.
bratsinmybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

One down and one more to go please. Steve Young may know more vocabulary words, buy he is still a idiot.

But, alas, we won't have Emmitt to kick around anymore. Still, we have our memories.

Some samples of classic "Emmitt-ese":

Quote:
He gets the ball over to their third read than most quarterback can." (Commentary: I think Emmitt forgot a word here, but at least he didn't say "He get the ball over...")
Quote:
I love those style of play that the Tennessee Titans bring to the game." (Commentary: What a coincidence! I love those grammatical error that Emmitt bring to the Sunday NFL Countdown!)
Quote:
"Giants has too many guys in the secondary banged up." (Commentary: Ahhh, the tricky has-have dilemma. When do you use "has?" When do you use "have?" This has puzzled writers for years.)
Quote:
I'm concerned about a guy who fall down before get hits." (Commentary: And I'm concerned about a guy who speak before he conjugate his verb and puts the "s" in the wrong place, but you don't see me making a big fuss over it.)
Quote:
Tom Brady is buyin' time for his lineman." (Commentary: And here I thought that offensive linemen were "buyin' time" for the quarterback.)
Quote:
Alex has a lot of growing up to do, and it's hard to grow up when you are learning three different offenses every year." (Commentary: Three different offenses every year, huh? That's a lot of turnover in the Bay Area. What are they doing down there?)
Quote:
Reggie Bush is definitely effective. Just not tonight." (Commentary: Emmitt said this after the Falcons-Saints Monday night game. Note to Emmitt: Bush wasn't effective... because... HE DIDN'T EVEN PLAY! No wonder he wasn't effective tonight.)
That is just a sample, go here for more.

http://www.walterfootball.com/emmitt.php

Look, I respected (and hated) Emmitt as a player. However, as insensitive as this may sound, to be in front of the camera you need some communication skills. And no, this is not a racial thing. There are plenty of African American sports announcers that are excellent analysts and communicators. Emmitt just doesn't possess that skill
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #10
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,407 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Hopefully they will get someone in there that can do a better job then he did.