Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 AM   #21
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228
Default Re: Source: Cutler wants to be traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdavey08 View Post
cursed? lol shows how much you know
Rivers has a well recorded history of jawing with opposing defenses, opposing players (especially Cutler), opposing fans (particularly Colts fans in the playoffs last year), hell even the Chargers own fans. I don't why I let you under my skin, but I'm done with it. Clearly you're a San Diego/Chargers fan or Cutler dumped you in high school or something. Watch some football and get back to me.

Now I wonder if McDaniels was trying to angle for some draft picks and thought he could take Cassel and mold a temporary system to keep Denver together for a couple years. Something like getting a 2nd and 4th and a late round pick next year for Cutler, trading the 2nd for Cassel, and setting Cassel up with Marshall and Royal and getting a HB with nice hands late in the draft. At least I can see some legitimacy in that, but still think it'd be a bad idea.
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #22
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,803 Posts

Quote:
"I'm upset. I mean, I'm really shocked at this point," Cutler told The Post. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, said his client had every right to be upset with the Broncos for even entertaining an offer for the Pro Bowl quarterback.

"Because that's a vote of no confidence in the guy," Cook told The Associated Press on Sunday. "I don't care if you're talking about trading him for Matt Cassel, Matt Ryan or Tom Brady. That's a vote of no confidence in him, and that's how Jay sees it and I would, too.

"I don't know if they were actively seeking to trade Jay, but on the other hand, I don't know that they were turning a deaf ear to potential offers, either."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...ds-with-Cutler

Cutler told The Post he feels his relationship with McDaniels has "taken a few steps backward."

"I don't know if the relationship is irreconcilably broken," Cook said. "But I know that as much as he's meant to the organization and that ballclub, if there were attempts to trade him, then I think Jay Cutler is 100 percent right to be more than just a little bit miffed."

Cutler is 17-20 with no playoff appearances since supplanting Jake Plummer late in the 2006 season, and he's known for his petulant, moody personality in his dealings with teammates and the media alike.

"There's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be a fire," Cook said. "If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #23
Crushzilla
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdavey08 View Post
cursed? lol shows how much you know
Ya, ya, ya... Glory to God.... Just because you pump out 14 kids in 5 years doesn't make you a good Christian.

Where did the Charger's troll come from?

Back to the point. Here's a ridiculous conspiracy theory for all of you to chew on.

Cutler is upset because McDaniels tried to ship him

McDaniels and the Broncs (as far as I understand it) DENY every trying to shop Cutler.

The other two teams DIRECTLY involved? The Patriots and the Chiefs.

Cassel is, of course, the relative variable here.

What would be better then shipping off an aging linebacker and back-up quarterback for a second round pick?

Trading your aging linebacker, your back-up quarterback, picking up a second round pick, and sabotaging your former assistant that left to pursue his own glory.

The would-be trade of Jay Cutler is only... speculation? Am I right?

Is it possibly that sources close to the Patriots are leaking this information?

McDaniels is out of the regime... therefore he is public enemy number one. We all see how Denver and Cutler are taking this information. Could this have been planned?

We all saw how ridiculous the Mangini/Belichick ordeal was/continues to be.

I know it's ridiculous, but I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the... masterminds... in New England.

Another interesting note... Brian Waters wants out of KC. He says that he doesn't like the new direction of the team..

See? See what happens when you take a bunch of assholes from one organization and try to spread them out?

This is EXACTLY why we can't let LLT, Tony, and Rev ever leave the forum.

?? ??

Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #24
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushzilla View Post
See? See what happens when you take a bunch of assholes from one organization and try to spread them out?

This is EXACTLY why we can't let LLT, Tony, and Rev ever leave the forum.
He just called you guys assclowns!!!

I kid, I kid...I wouldn't put it beyond the Patriots, but I really think McDaniels saw the potential for teams (especially TB) to start salivating over having Cutler and to kneejerk into giving up a ton of picks. The whole McDaniels thing is still so weird to me. Not only going to a GM/Head Coach combo again, but that it's an offensive-minded HC when all Denver lacked was any semblence of a defense. True, they don't have a run game, but I find it hard to believe the OL zone blocking is so far removed from the days of sticking a no-name back and producing a 1000 yard season. Maybe they felt bad taking so many knee shots?

For some reason I've always felt really bad for the Broncos. Maybe it's because Plummer was obviously not a franchise QB and the "QB Genius" Shanahan refused to see it. I think as Steelers fans we can all relate to that.

Now, I do think it's funny that the only rule about FA is you don't piss off your current players, but so many players do it every FA period. Know who has a history of not doing that? I'll give you a hint, it's the team that if they wanted to leave jewelry imprints on your face, both hands would have to be involved.
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #25
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The important thing is that all these dumb moves are by teams that are NOT the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
Fordy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Their fans want the new coaches head on a stick.

Official GET OUT OF TOWN McDANIELS THREAD!!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=135928

I'd love to see Cutler chuck a football in McDaniel's FACE
My wishes for this season:

1. Cutler to win a playoff game

2. Fire a football laser into McDaniel's face after the win

3. Cutler wearing a Shanahan armband.

ha ha!
That was a good read..I can understand some of them not wanting to be Patriots 2.0 though.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,379 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Their fans want the new coaches head on a stick.

Official GET OUT OF TOWN McDANIELS THREAD!!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=135928

I'd love to see Cutler chuck a football in McDaniel's FACE
My wishes for this season:

1. Cutler to win a playoff game

2. Fire a football laser into McDaniel's face after the win

3. Cutler wearing a Shanahan armband.

ha ha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChAmPiShErE24
I liked everything he did untill now, he should just go to KC and gaze into Matt Cassel's eyes.

fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #28
jcdavey08
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh_Fever View Post
Rivers has a well recorded history of jawing with opposing defenses, opposing players (especially Cutler), opposing fans (particularly Colts fans in the playoffs last year), hell even the Chargers own fans. I don't why I let you under my skin, but I'm done with it. Clearly you're a San Diego/Chargers fan or Cutler dumped you in high school or something. Watch some football and get back to me.

Now I wonder if McDaniels was trying to angle for some draft picks and thought he could take Cassel and mold a temporary system to keep Denver together for a couple years. Something like getting a 2nd and 4th and a late round pick next year for Cutler, trading the 2nd for Cassel, and setting Cassel up with Marshall and Royal and getting a HB with nice hands late in the draft. At least I can see some legitimacy in that, but still think it'd be a bad idea.
jawing sure

"cursed" proves you know nothing though

of course he jawed before the media tried to villify him , he used to be a linebacker lol.

it's so good to see the media finally waking up to the fact that jay cutler is the lifelong loser at football, life, and is the real douchebag in all of this
jcdavey08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #29
jcdavey08
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10222

cutler = a guy who was 5-27 vs the sec and 6-8 in non conference games in college

and now he's in the pros also living under .500

face it, he's a loser, and he'll always be a loser...and now he's a diseased loser

life is kicking jay's ass all over the place, it's beautiful

i just pray they keep him in denver, where he will keep failing, because he's always been a loser (since HS)
jcdavey08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #30
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Someone remind me the name of the coach that left BB and NE and actually had success somewhere else? What was that guys name again?

'crickets'