Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #1
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973
Default Jacksonville Jaguars

I have underestimated them all week, and I will continue to do that until the game is over Saturday night. If they happen to defeat New England, good for them, they deserve to play for more. If they don't then I am right . I just don't think this team is good. Say what you want, they have a good defense, they have this and that. Some might try and argue that Indianapolis had the same schedule etc.. But no, they didn't. Indianapolis beat Jacksonville 2x. They ebat New England, they beat Pittsburgh, they beat Cincinnati, and then they lost to San diego and Seattle.. Jacksonville, they beat Cincinnati.. by 3 points, they beat Seattle by 12 points. Sure they did this. Then they beat Pittsburgh, WITH TOMMY MADDOX at Quarterback. Tommy Maddox is a terrible quarterback, and yet they only beat Pittsburgh by 6. If Ben Roethlisberger played, i'm sure of it, that Pittsburgh would've won. Jacksonville has only defeated 3! 3! playoff teams, and every other game they have played was against teams not in the playoffs, with the exception of Cincy (W), Pittsburgh (W), Denver (L), Indy 2x (L), and Seattle (W). They played St. Louis (L), New York Jets, Houston 2x, Tennessee 2x, Baltimore, Arizona, Cleveland, and San Francisco.

Prove me wrong Jacksonville, prove me wrong.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:17 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,950 Times in 4,535 Posts
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars

i agree that they arent really crap and i was beginning to think of them as the most horrible team in the playoffs and no way they should even be in. they always play down to their lesser opponents and find a way to scrap and claw with the better teams they play.

that being said their record is 12-4 (which should rightfully be pittsburghs record if it werent for tommy and his 2 t.o. in the final parts of the game) and they have been putting up some pretty good offensive numbers with a back up running back AND qb. something teams like new england and indiannapolis couldnt do and pittsburgh and bengals havent done, and no denver fan wants to see bradlee van pelt lead his team on a late season playoff run. while i dont think any team in the afc playoffs should lose to the jagoffs they wont be a pushover for no team they face. as a franchise they have pulled off one of the hugest playoff upsets according to the spread of all time vs. denver.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:50 PM   #3
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Couldn't agree more with both of you. They have yet to impress me this season. Exploiting a Maddox-led Steelers and a bruised up Bengals team doesn't help highlight their two crowning victories of the season.

I'd love for them to prove me wrong though (it's time for them to make one of these animations that looks like Dr. Evil raising his little finger up to his lip)
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I posted this in another thread, but it's equally as applicable here...

The Pats basically have a bye, playing the worst 12-4 playoff team in NFL history. After the bye, they played one of the jokiest schedules I've ever seen...it literally looks like a laundry list of first round draft pick contenders (except for the Indy game, which they lost). Bellichick was quite clever to lose the Miami game and avoid Pittsburgh...

2005 JAX Schedule

Sep 11 Seattle Won 26-14
Sep 18 @Indianapolis Lost 3-10
Sep 25 @N.Y. Jets Won 26-20
Oct 2 Denver Lost 7-20
Oct 9 Cincinnati Won 23-20
Oct 16 @Pittsburgh Won 23-17
Week 7 BYE
Oct 30 @St. Louis Lost 21-24
Nov 6 Houston Won 21-14
Nov 13 Baltimore Won 30-3
Nov 20 @Tennessee Won 31-28
Nov 27 @Arizona Won 24-17
Dec 4 @Cleveland Won 20-14
Dec 11 Indianapolis Lost 18-26
Dec 18 San Francisco Won 10-9
Dec 24 @Houston Won 38-20
Jan 1 Tennessee Won 40-13
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

The Pats basically have a bye, playing the worst 12-4 playoff team in NFL history. After the bye, they played one of the jokiest schedules I've ever seen...it literally looks like a laundry list of first round draft pick contenders (except for the Indy game, which they lost). Bellichick was quite clever to lose the Miami game and avoid Pittsburgh...

2005 JAX Schedule

Sep 11 Seattle Won 26-14
Oct 2 Denver Lost 7-20
Week 7 BYE
Nov 6 Houston Won 21-14
good post suit. thers not a convincing win up there, even though i was sure they were gonna lose one of the final 2. but maybe that was just the pessimist in me thinking they would screw up our seson once again leading to a 3way tie and see us on the outside looking in while pure crap advances.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:11 PM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

2005 JAX Schedule

Sep 11 Seattle Won 26-14
Oct 2 Denver Lost 7-20
Week 7 BYE
Nov 6 Houston Won 21-14
The pats basically have a bye my ***. I don't know which is more accurate...New England is overrated or Jacksonville is underrated. Earth calling to pats fans, you think Jacksonville's schedule was a joke? Look at yours: you played half-way decent teams the first half of the season and couldn't put together two wins in a row until week 11. Then Tedy Bruschi comes back and you finish 6-2 during the last 8 weeks and the season is saved. Are you kidding me? During that time you beat miami, new orleans, the new york jets, buffalo, tampa bay, and the new york jets. The only impressive win was against Tampa Bay...you still faltered when the competition level stepped up, losing to Kansas City and Miami when they got hot.

Jacksonville is a very good defensive team and the only team that could come close to shutting down the Colts' offense. Now going into the playoffs, they'll finally have Byron Leftwich back. The pats have consistently been a one-dimensional team on offense with no running game, that's not going to work in the playoffs, especially against a good defense like Jacksonville's. And if you buy into the Tedy Bruschi being the savior of the season, what is New England going to do without him against Jacksonville?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
The pats basically have a bye my ***. I don't know which is more accurate...New England is overrated or Jacksonville is underrated. Earth calling to pats fans, you think Jacksonville's schedule was a joke? Look at yours: you played half-way decent teams the first half of the season and couldn't put together two wins in a row until week 11. Then Tedy Bruschi comes back and you finish 6-2 during the last 8 weeks and the season is saved. Are you kidding me? During that time you beat miami, new orleans, the new york jets, buffalo, tampa bay, and the new york jets. The only impressive win was against Tampa Bay...you still faltered when the competition level stepped up, losing to Kansas City and Miami when they got hot.

Jacksonville is a very good defensive team and the only team that could come close to shutting down the Colts' offense. Now going into the playoffs, they'll finally have Byron Leftwich back. The pats have consistently been a one-dimensional team on offense with no running game, that's not going to work in the playoffs, especially against a good defense like Jacksonville's. And if you buy into the Tedy Bruschi being the savior of the season, what is New England going to do without him against Jacksonville?
Hey 85,

Whats the rent like these days on that glass house you're living in?

Must be nice in the summer with all them rays keeping you warm - only one house rule aswell.......People Who Live Here Shouldn't Throw Stones

I cannot believe the balls on a Bengal fan to draw a distinction between a teams performances against quality opposition and non-quality opposition.

For the record the Patriots had the 3rd most difficult schedule in football this year, the Bengals had the 11th.

Cincinatti beat up on some pretty poor opposition this year - you got to play Minnesota early when they were completely disorganised - luckily for your strength of schedule (SOS) rating they managed to pull things around in the 2nd half of the season.

You also beat the Bears when they were still finding their feet - but I can give your team props for that one - Chicago is a good team.

What happens when you finally meet decent AFC opposition in week 5 though?

Yeah thats right you got beaten.

Still, never mind at least you got to play Tennessee the following week to get your confidence back - by putting an 8 point whupping on them.

Next AFC challenge - the Steelers - guess what....its another defeat - and this time at home.

A routine victory against a piss-poor Ravens team is quickly followed by another defeat to quality AFC opposition - the Colts this time.

You see a theme developing here?

December finally brings another quality victory - in the house of Pittsburgh - props for that - but guess who beat you to that one? Yup the Pats done that back in week 3.

3 more power houses of the NFL next up for Cincy - Cleveland, Detriot and Buffalo - Buffalo is part of the worst division in football - the Pats totally shut them down - so I guess we'll chalk up an easy Cincy victory?

WRONG. The impotent attack of Buffalo puts up 37 POINTS on the pathetic Cincy D - wow embarrassing!

Obviously the Cincy D has found a new favorite number in 37 - because it goes right ahead and gets beaten like a drum by Kansas City by the same total the following week.

Looks like the Bengals could be the biggest paper tigers in the NFL playoffs.

I know very well the Patriots have faltered against top quality opposition this year - even the most anti-Patriot would lay alot of that on the doorstep of catastrophic injuries - whats your excuse?

I also dont remember getting 37 points put on our D by a team that was averaging less than 15 per game on offense.

I am well aware of what Suit doing with his predictions of a 'bye-week' for the Pats - he is covering himself so he doesnt have to give us any praise if we win.

If I was you I would concentrate my talents on the game ahead - instead of trying to lay smack on a team that has won 3 of the last 4 Superbowls.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
My Mood: Bored

The Pats will stomp the Jags. They did give Indy fits the first time around. But Indy was hurting at the time. And Leftwich is coming back after being off for 6 weeks? You don't think there will be alot of rust with him? You don't think he will be a little tentative on that ankle? He is a running QB.

The Pats do have a running game. It's Cory Dillon remember? LOL.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Hey 85,

Whats the rent like these days on that glass house you're living in?

Must be nice in the summer with all them rays keeping you warm - only one house rule aswell.......People Who Live Here Shouldn't Throw Stones

I cannot believe the balls on a Bengal fan to draw a distinction between a teams performances against quality opposition and non-quality opposition.

For the record the Patriots had the 3rd most difficult schedule in football this year, the Bengals had the 11th.

Cincinatti beat up on some pretty poor opposition this year - you got to play Minnesota early when they were completely disorganised - luckily for your strength of schedule (SOS) rating they managed to pull things around in the 2nd half of the season.

You also beat the Bears when they were still finding their feet - but I can give your team props for that one - Chicago is a good team.

What happens when you finally meet decent AFC opposition in week 5 though?

Yeah thats right you got beaten.

Still, never mind at least you got to play Tennessee the following week to get your confidence back - by putting an 8 point whupping on them.

Next AFC challenge - the Steelers - guess what....its another defeat - and this time at home.

A routine victory against a piss-poor Ravens team is quickly followed by another defeat to quality AFC opposition - the Colts this time.

You see a theme developing here?

December finally brings another quality victory - in the house of Pittsburgh - props for that - but guess who beat you to that one? Yup the Pats done that back in week 3.

3 more power houses of the NFL next up for Cincy - Cleveland, Detriot and Buffalo - Buffalo is part of the worst division in football - the Pats totally shut them down - so I guess we'll chalk up an easy Cincy victory?

WRONG. The impotent attack of Buffalo puts up 37 POINTS on the pathetic Cincy D - wow embarrassing!

Obviously the Cincy D has found a new favorite number in 37 - because it goes right ahead and gets beaten like a drum by Kansas City by the same total the following week.

Looks like the Bengals could be the biggest paper tigers in the NFL playoffs.

I know very well the Patriots have faltered against top quality opposition this year - even the most anti-Patriot would lay alot of that on the doorstep of catastrophic injuries - whats your excuse?

I also dont remember getting 37 points put on our D by a team that was averaging less than 15 per game on offense.

I am well aware of what Suit doing with his predictions of a 'bye-week' for the Pats - he is covering himself so he doesnt have to give us any praise if we win.

If I was you I would concentrate my talents on the game ahead - instead of trying to lay smack on a team that has won 3 of the last 4 Superbowls.

NM

Holly cow LITP, you made good points above but my goodness your hands have to be killing you....That is one of the longest replies I've ever seen.....Props to you for hanging on that long.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #10
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark
Holly cow LITP, you made good points above but my goodness your hands have to be killing you....That is one of the longest replies I've ever seen.....Props to you for hanging on that long.
ive seen him do less with more i mean better. j/k lol good work litp!