Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Marcus Vick kicked out at VT.

I just heard it on the local news that Virginia Tech has permanently dismissed Marcus Vick from the football team and the University for his latest incident when he stepped/stomped on the leg of a University of Louisville player this past week in the Gator Bowl.

I absolutely love it. Vick is getting his just deserts.

-Marcus Vick

Last edited by Ambridge; 01-06-2006 at 04:22 PM.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,081 Times in 3,070 Posts
Default Re: Marcus Vick kicked out at VT.

damn! im stunned. i cant believe an organization actually stepped up and did the right thing in regards to a major money maker of an athelete. too bad the eagles didnt have those type of cojones in the preseason with t.o. i guess he WILL be either a raven or raider come april.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I'm glad to hear this. Someone posted up the video from that game. What Marcus did was totally uncalled for and showed a complete lack of class.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #4
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Good Riddance. He is the next Clarrett
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
Prosdo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i guess he WILL be either a raven or raider come april.
lmao I was just thinking the same thing. The Ravens and Raiders probably have him high on their lists.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Wow... this kid is trying to screw up what may have been a nice career. He will probabally just leach of his rich brother for the rest of his life. I saw the kick... what was he thinking???
Old 01-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
Prosdo
Banned

Here's the article

Hokies end ties with troubled QB Vick

RICHMOND, Va. -- The president of Virginia Tech said Friday that quarterback Marcus Vick has been permanently dismissed from the football team.

University president Charles Steger announced the dismissal on the same day that coach Frank Beamer met with Vick and his mother in their Hampton Roads home, the school said. Beamer informed them of the decision during the meeting.

The junior quarterback stomped on Elvis Dumervil's leg after the Louisville defensive end tackled Vick on Monday during the first half of the Toyota Gator Bowl.

He also faces charges of speeding and driving on a suspended driver's license, Cpl. James West said Friday. Police stopped Vick in Hampton on Dec. 17, and he was charged with driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone, the police spokesman said.

Virginia Tech had suspended him for all of the 2004 season because of legal troubles. At the time, Steger said if Vick faced additional off-field troubles, "his Virginia Tech career is effectively ended."

Vick was not penalized for the Dumervil incident but was rebuked at halftime of the Gator Bowl by quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, who said he even considered pulling Vick from the lineup.

Vick said later it was "an accidental play, and football is football." He also said he had apologized to Dumervil. Dumervil said no apology had been offered.

"A no-character individual," Dumervil said after the game.

Vick threw two touchdown passes and led a 22-point, fourth-quarter rally for the No. 12 Hokies, who beat the No. 15 Cardinals 35-24.

Rogers, who has mentored Vick in his on-field and off-field behavior, was livid with his quarterback, chewing him out at halftime, and after the game.

"There's no reason for that in the game," Rogers said. "It's flat-out embarrassing. I don't coach that way, and I don't expect him to play that way."

The incident is the latest trouble for Vick since he elected to follow his brother, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, to Virginia Tech. The elder Vick led the Hokies to the 1999 national championship game and was the first pick of the 2001 draft.

Marcus Vick played in 11 games as a backup in his freshman year, then was suspended from school last season after he was arrested, along with teammates Mike Imoh and Brenden Hill, for giving alcohol to 14- and 15-year-old girls. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge.

The younger Vick also later pleaded guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession after a police stop in July 2004.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ory?id=2282642
Old 01-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Thats certainly good news - its refreshing to see football teams making the morally correct decision instead of the one that suits them best.

Maybe teams are starting to wise up to the fact that no amount of talent is worth having scum like that in your locker room.
Maybe my prediction will come true after all - Faiders or ratbirds it is.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Wouldn't it be great if younger Vick and Ron Mexico were both out of football permanantly in a few years?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,081 Times in 3,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Wouldn't it be great if younger Vick and Ron Mexico were both out of football permanantly in a few years?
ron mexico might make a nice situational receiver for the steelers
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote