Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #21
Jackal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9460
Default Re: The Ravens have Resigned Ray Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelballs View Post
Agreed.

I'm glad the rats signed Ray Ray as opposed to Bart Scott. Scott is the better player at this point in his career and we'll all see how Ray Ray is exposed next year with his
"blue collar" guy gone. There won't be so many piles for Ray Ray to jump on and get credit for tackles with the "real" linebacker in this corps gone.

Ray's play has been declining over the last few years and last year he was visibly gassed towards the end of the season. Ray Ray played about twenty pounds heavier this year than any other and it definitely took it's tole towards the end of the season. Does anyone remember Ray in the AFCCG...didn't think so, he was a non-factor.

The best part of this FA period thus far has been watching Ray Ray being "dissed" by the entire NFL. Ray is definitely more impressed with himself than most others in the league and watching him squirm as the offers and big $$ continued to go elsewhere...... priceless.

I think the rats will struggle next year. The wonder boy Flacco and his game will have been disected both inside and out between now and then and his comfort zones will be no longer. Don't get me wrong, I think Flacco is a very good QB, but I think his sophomore year will be a lot more difficult as the league adjusts to his game.
The rats still have no deep threat, the OL will need to adjust as they will have a new center and guard, the running game will be average like last year and they'll have to adjust for some major changes on defense. I could see the rats finish at or below 500 easily.
They still have a fairly soft non-conference schedule, but given that, I'm saying 9-7, 10-6 absolute best case. I doubt their fans will even have to make their semi-regular late-December trip up to their attics to pull their jerseys and car flags out of storage this year.

Baltimorons. What a bunch of douchenozzles.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This just in: Ray has ALREADY recorded 76 tackles for the '09 season.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #23
steelballs
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
They still have a fairly soft non-conference schedule, but given that, I'm saying 9-7, 10-6 absolute best case. I doubt their fans will even have to make their semi-regular late-December trip up to their attics to pull their jerseys and car flags out of storage this year.
How true!
The largest "bandwagon" fan base in the NFL.
steelballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #24
steelballs
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13011

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This just in: Ray has ALREADY recorded 76 tackles for the '09 season.

Now that's funny.....but unfortunately, somewhat true.
Lewis gets credit for tackles even when he doesn't play, I've seen it.
steelballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Whats the Over Under on games Ray Ray plays in until he gets "hurt" and has to sit for more than 1 week.

I say by game 6, we hear Ray Ray has a Torn "name body part of NFL Player that gets torn" and has to sit 4 weeks. Then we hear how he's ready to come back, and they make a huge deal about his return, then we STOMP a mudhole in his old worn out broken arse and we start to hear the "Retirement" talk out of ESPN for Ray Ray once week 14 rolls around and they are officially eliminated from the Playoffs.

I fear not Ray Lewis. I fear Not the Baltimore Ravens. They are our little Biatch, Just like the Bengals and the Browns are also, Our Biatch. The AFC North Belongs to the PITTSBURGH STEELERS and these other teams are nothing more than Stepping Stones for use to walk over on our way to the Playoffs.