Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-27-2009, 10:01 PM   #41
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Penn State Football Thread

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09117/965839-143.stm
PSU Football: Sophomores make Lions' future bright
Monday, April 27, 2009
By Ron Musselman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Jack Crawford was one of England's top basketball prospects when he moved to the United States to pursue a career in the sport four years ago.

He had played on the English national team for three seasons and traveled to places such as Ireland, Germany and France to compete.

But soon after enrolling at St. Augustine Prep School in Richland, N.J., Crawford learned he would have to sit out a year of basketball.

His coaches encouraged him to give American football a try, and Crawford got his first taste of it as a junior. One year later, he had numerous Division I-A scholarship offers for football. Basketball had become somewhat of an afterthought.

Despite his limited football experience, Crawford -- a 6-foot-5, 262-pound sophomore defensive end -- may be one of the up-and-coming stars on Penn State's revamped defense this fall.

"I came over here with a dream and I just want to get to the next level," Crawford said after the Blue-White spring game Saturday at Beaver Stadium.

Penn State coach Joe Paterno believes Crawford has a bright future with the Nittany Lions.

"He's an outstanding prospect," Paterno said. "He works hard, is tough, is trying to be really good. He's been a real asset to us."

Paterno also is high on another sophomore -- Michael Mauti, a 6-2, 224-pound outside linebacker from Mandeville, La. He received the Jim O'Hora Award Saturday as the most improved defensive player this spring.

"Mauti is a big-time player," Paterno said.

Mauti's older brother, Patrick, is a fifth-year senior walk-on wide receiver with the Lions and his father, Rich, was a wideout at Penn State in the mid-1970s before playing in the NFL.

Crawford, Mauti and sophomore tailback Brandon Beachum from Youngstown, Ohio, were the only true freshmen to see action in all 13 games last season. Crawford was on the field for 127 plays but had just four tackles. Mauti, an early enrollee, played 249 snaps, finishing with 26 tackles and one forced fumble.

With the loss of the team's top three defensive ends -- first-round NFL draft pick Aaron Maybin, Maurice Evans and Josh Gaines -- Crawford is being counted on to use his size and quickness to pressure opposing quarterbacks.

He has been timed at 4.55 in the 40-yard dash.

"I'm still working on my technique now, I'm still learning," Crawford said. "... [Maybin] worked hard to get where he is. I'm going to learn from him, and I'm going to hopefully get to where he is now."

Defensive tackle Jared Odrick, a first-team All-Big Ten pick last year, said Crawford has plenty of potential.

"Jack is an athletic guy," Odrick said. "... He's just as fast as the guy who just left -- Maybin. He's very athletic and he's got all the tools to be a great defensive end and he's just putting it all together right now."

Mauti, who enrolled in school in January 2008, was a major contributor on the special teams last year and participated in 30 plays against Southern California in the Rose Bowl.

He has taken over the No. 1 spot created by the departure of Tyrell Sales.

"Last spring, I played safety and I think that helped me out," Mauti said. "I got to play during the season. ... I have the scheme down, so now it's just about playing football.

"Everyone knows that this is Linebacker U and we have a lot of depth and competition. ... We have summer camp, so we'll see what happens in the fall."

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:02 PM   #42
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

And the Nittany Lions have suffered their first casualty to the IR.
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...042709aab.html
Massaro Sidelined For 2009 Season
Promising Defensive End Suffers Knee Injury in Blue-White Game
April 27, 2009

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa., - Penn State defensive end Pete Massaro (Newtown Square) will miss the 2009 season after suffering a serious knee injury in Saturday's Blue-White Game.

A freshman, Massaro tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee, according to Dr. Wayne Sebastianelli, Penn State Director of Athletic Medicine. Massaro will have surgery within the next 2-3 weeks and rehabilitation will take approximately nine months, according to Sebastianelli.

The 6-4, 247-pound Massaro took a redshirt season as true freshman last fall.

Massaro was among the top candidates to earn significant playing time at defensive end, a position which saw the top three players depart after the 2008 season, including All-American Aaron Maybin, the No. 11 overall selection in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Massaro was a three-year starter on both sides of the ball for Coach Ray Gionta at Marple Newtown High School in suburban Philadelphia. As a senior, he earned Class AAA second team all-state honors from the Associated Press and PA Football News and first team All-Southeastern Pa. accolades by the Philadelphia Inquirer. Massaro made 47 tackles, including six sacks, with six quarterback hurries and two fumbles caused as a senior and played in the 2008 Big 33 All-Star Classic.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #43
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Congratulations to Curt Warner. The newest member of the Penn State Football Family to be inducted into the College Football Hall Of Fame.
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...043009aab.html
Curt Warner Elected to College Football Hall of Fame
Career Rushing Leader Becomes 17th Nittany Lion Player to Gain Induction

Former Penn State All-America tailback Curt Warner, the Nittany Lions' career rushing yardage leader, has been elected to the College Football Hall of Fame. Warner is the 17th Penn State player to receive college football's ultimate honor.

Warner will be inducted with other members of the Class of 2009 at the National Football Foundation's 52nd annual awards dinner on December 8 at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. He will become the 22nd member of the Penn State program inducted, joining Joe Paterno, 16 other former players and four Nittany Lion coaches. The most recent Penn State player so honored was offensive lineman Keith Dorney in 2005.

"I am deeply honored to have been elected to the College Football Hall of Fame," said Warner, who lives in Camas, Wash., near Portland, Ore. "It's always a good day when you receive news like this. I am honored and privileged to join such a distinguished group of players and coaches."

Hailing from the small town of Pineville, W. Va., Warner was a standout at Pineville High School, graduating in class of 90 students. He went on to lead the Nittany Lions in rushing in 1980, '81 and `82, helping Penn State capture its first National Championship in 1982. Warner was instrumental in Penn State's 31-5 record during his final three seasons, which included two Fiesta Bowl wins (Ohio State and USC) and a 27-23 win over Georgia in the 1983 Sugar Bowl in the National Championship game.

When Warner's brilliant career ended, he owned 42 school records. His 3,398 career rushing yards and 18 100-yard rushing games remain Penn State records more than 25 years later. The Nittany Lions were 18-0 when he eclipsed the century mark. Warner is the only Penn State running back to be selected a two-time first team All-American and is one of just 14 Nittany Lions all-time to earn first team All-America honors twice.

"Curt Warner was an outstanding running back," said head coach Joe Paterno, who was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2007. "In all my years at Penn State, we have had a lot of exceptional backs, and he is one of the very best of that distinguished group. Curt was a leader for the great teams we had in the early 1980's and played a big part in helping us win our first national championship. Curt was a very good student, has been very loyal to Penn State and has made a positive impact on his community in Washington.

"Curt is most deserving of induction into the College Football Hall of Fame, and we are very pleased that he will be joining its prestigious membership," Paterno added.

"We are thrilled Curt Warner's outstanding career will be recognized with his enshrinement in the College Football Hall of Fame," said Tim Curley, Penn State Director of Athletics. "Curt was a fantastic representative of the University and was a great leader on our 1982 National Championship team. Curt has earned numerous professional accomplishments in football and business and has made many contributions to the community. We are very pleased with his well-deserved election and earning college football's ultimate honor."

As a freshman in 1979, Warner gained 391 yards on 84 carries (4.7) and scored two touchdowns in a reserve role to leading rusher Matt Suhey. In 1980, Warner gained 922 yards on 196 carries (4.7) and scored six touchdowns, helping Penn State to a 10-2 mark and No. 8 final ranking. He ran for a then-Penn State bowl record 155 yards on 18 carries, including a 64-yard touchdown run, to earn Offensive player of the Game honors as the Nittany Lions beat Ohio State in the 1980 Fiesta Bowl.

In 1981, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and United Press International selected Warner a first team All-American. He ran for 1,044 yards on 171 attempts (6.1) and scored eight touchdowns. The Nittany Lions were 10-2, ranked No. 1 for two weeks at mid-season, ending the season with a 48-14 win at No. 1 Pitt and a 26-10 win over USC in the Fiesta Bowl to finish No. 3 in the polls. Warner gained 145 yards and scored twice vs. the Trojans, out-rushing Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Allen by 60 yards, en route to winning Outstanding Offensive Player accolades in Tempe for the second consecutive year.

As a senior in 1982, Warner gained 1,041 yards on 198 carries (5.3) and scored eight times, again earning first team All-America honors. He also gained 335 receiving yards with five touchdowns. He was awarded the Hall Foundation Award as Penn State's Senior MVP. Warner eclipsed the 100-yard mark in each of the final five games of 1982, including a season-high 183 yards and three touchdowns in a win at Boston College.

After losing at Alabama in the fifth game of the 1982 campaign, the Nittany Lions reeled off six consecutive wins to climb back to 10-1 and No. 2 in the polls and earn a berth in the Sugar Bowl against unbeaten and No. 1 Georgia for the national title. For the second consecutive year, Warner out-gained the Heisman Trophy winner, rushing for 117 yards and two touchdowns in the Nittany Lions' monumental 27-23 win. He scored from two yards out in the first quarter to open the scoring and added a nine-yard run in the second frame for a 17-3 lead. Warner fought through leg cramps to gain 63 yards in the second half. Georgia's Herschel Walker gained 103 yards on 28 carries vs. the Penn State defense.

Warner said identifying the top highlight of his Penn State career was difficult. "It would probably be the (1983) Sugar Bowl. We had to battle the entire game to beat Georgia. That game epitomized what we were about and culminated all of the hard work we had put in during our careers."

In addition to his Penn State career rushing and 100-yard rushing game records, Warner also holds the school record for all-purpose yards in a game, with 341 yards at Syracuse in 1981. He ran for a career-best 256 yards vs. the Orange that day. His 280 all-purpose yards vs. Rutgers in 1979 remain a school freshman record. The only Nittany Lion to post more than 1,000 all-purpose yards in all four of his years, Warner is No. 2 in Penn State career all-purpose yards (4,982) and career rushing attempts (649).

The Nittany Lions' all-purpose yardage leader from 1980-82, Warner scored 33 career touchdowns - 24 carrying the ball, six as a receiver and three on kickoff returns. He had 992 career return yards and 662 receiving yards in addition to his 3,398 rushing yards.

Warner earned his Penn State degree in speech communications in May, 1983.

(See Link for rest of story)

Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #44
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...050109aaa.html
Five More Nittany Lions Sign NFL Contracts
Cadogan, Norwood, Sales, Sargeant and Scirrotto Ink Free Agent Deals
May 1, 2009

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa.; - Five more members of Penn State's 2008 Big Ten Championship team have signed with National Football League teams, bringing to 13 the number of Nittany Lions to be drafted or signed during the past week.

Tackle Gerald Cadogan (Portsmouth, Ohio) and safety Anthony Scirrotto (West Deptford, N.J.) signed with the Carolina Panthers, wide receiver Jordan Norwood (State College) signed with the Cleveland Browns, linebacker Tyrell Sales (Butler) signed with the Indianapolis Colts and cornerback Lydell Sargeant (Pittsburgh) signed with the Buffalo Bills.

Thirteen 2008 Nittany Lions have been drafted or signed, with other signings to be announced. Five Nittany Lions were selected in the NFL Draft. The signings will be announced as NFL teams make their announcements.

Cadogan and Scirrotto join linebacker Dan Connor, Penn State's career tackles leader, on the Panthers' roster. Sargeant will be will be reunited with former Nittany Lion teammates Aaron Maybin and Paul Posluszny, as well as Bryan Scott, on the Bills' roster. Buffalo selected Maybin No. 11 overall in this year's draft. Norwood and Sales are the lone Nittany Lions on the Browns and Colts' rosters, respectively.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #45
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/co...id/518727.html
Elite running back commits to Penn State
By Philip Cmor pcmor@altoonamirror.com
POSTED: May 3, 2009

UNIVERSITY PARK -- Silas Redd loves PlayStation 3, and he's issuing out a challenge.

"I'm calling it. Anybody want to play me in PS3, any sports game -- doesn't matter, hockey or whatever -- I'll beat you,'' Redd said.

Penn State football players beware, Redd is bringing his video games to University Park. Nittany Lion opponents, he's bringing his football game with him.

Redd, the highly-touted 5-foot-10, 191-pound prep running back from Stamford, Conn., scheduled a meeting with Coach Joe Paterno first thing this morning to give the Lions his verbal commitment. Redd and his parents were in State College Saturday for the Nike Football Training Camp and stayed overnight so he could make his pledge.

"I'm glad he's one of my guys,'' Sto-Rox quarterback Paul Jones, who committed to Penn State in January, said of Redd.

Redd is the fourth recruit in a 2010 class expected to number around 18.

Redd's father, also named Silas, possesses an iron handshake that his son calls the "grip of death,'' and it seems Penn State long had just as firm a hold on the younger Redd. The Lions had been considered the heavy front-runner for quite a while to secure Redd's services over Boston College, Stanford, Oregon and seven other programs that offered him scholarships.

"I've been wanting to go here since I was 7. Why? I don't know. But getting the scholarship was a dream come true,'' Redd said. "One of my first Pop Warner coaches went here, played here, and I guess he just instilled in me when I was a young kid that I like Penn State, and it just stuck.''

In fact, Redd's room is decorated with Nittany Lion memorabilia.

"I've got a few posters, a few autographs here and there. I've got LaVar Arrington's autograph, Ki-Jana Carter, Chuck Fusina,'' Redd said. "My coach would get me the paraphernalia. I've been coming to camps here since eighth grade.''

Scout.com rates Redd as the No. 14 running back in the country, and Rivals.com has him as a four-star recruit. Last season, Redd, an extremely-muscular back who has timed at 4.42 seconds in the 40-yard dash and is best known for his foot quickness and change of direction, rushed for 1,350 yards and 14 touchdowns on 122 carries for King & Low Heywood-Thomas High School.

"He's very agile, quick. He never stops running. He flies out,'' said Stamford High School's Khairi Fortt, one of the top-ranked linebackers in the nation and Redd's workout partner back home. "I didn't get to go up against him in the one-on-one drills [Saturday], but I knew that was going to be a fight. He's very quick.''

Fortt also described Redd as a very motivated, determined competitor, mentioning how Redd passed up an invitation to the U.S. Army All-American Combine as a defensive back because he was adamant on playing offense at the next level. Penn State, in fact, initially recruited him as a cornerback, and Redd said the Lion coaches' decision to take him as a running back played a big part in his early commitment.

"The only thing that was holding me back before was that they were going to stick me at corner,'' Redd said. "I'm better on the offensive side of the ball. I guess they went over some film and said, 'Hey, we like this guy at running back.'''

The 17-year-old Redd, who plans to major in business and eventually get a master's degree in finance, said another factor in pulling the trigger so early was so he can better enjoy his senior year without the stress of recruiting. Like Jones, Redd plans to enroll at Penn State in January.

Redd is a former lacrosse and basketball player. When he's not playing, he said he likes the performing arts, spending time with his friends and girlfriend and watching movies. However, he's at least got one new activity on his plate now -- getting Fortt to join him.

"I work on him everyday. We're good, good friends. I'm always in his ear saying, 'Hey, I know you want to go to Penn State. You're just too scared to say it,''' Redd said. "I think I got him.''

Old 05-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #46
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

http://post-gazette.com/pg/09124/967665-143.stm
Penn-Trafford's Graham commits to PSU
Monday, May 04, 2009
By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Luke Graham, a junior offensive lineman at Penn-Trafford High School, made a verbal commitment to Penn State this evening.

Graham is considered one of the best offensive linemen in WPIAL football and had a dozen scholarship offers. Pitt, Virginia, Maryland, Illinois and Florida State were among the other schools that offered. Graham is 6 feet 5 1/2, 265 pounds and was recruited to play either guard or center, although he plays offensive tackle at Penn-Trafford.

"I've always liked Penn State," said Graham. "I looked around a little bit at some other schools. I was thinking about Virginia and Stanford, but I realized Penn State is where I need to be."

Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #47
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-...050609aaa.html
Penn State Student-Athletes Make The Grade; High Standards and Graduation Rates Continue
Twenty-three Nittany Lion Teams Post APR Score Above Division I Average; Football Leads Big Ten Squads
May 6, 2009

UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa., - Penn State student-athletes continue to make better progress toward graduation in comparison with the nation's Division I institutions, despite higher academic standards than required, according to data released today by the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

The NCAA released data from the 2007-08 academic year as the fifth set of results in the Academic Progress Rate (APR), a formula introduced in 2005 as part of the Division I Academic Performance Program. The NCAA released sport specific data for 2007-08 to each institution, as well as the most recent four years of collected data that is used to determine a rolling four-year (multi-year) APR score for all athletic teams to provide a meaningful assessment of a team's academic performance.

Three Penn State squads have a perfect multi-year APR score of 1,000 - field hockey, women's lacrosse and women's tennis. Just 7.2 percent of the nation's 6,323 teams in the survey earned a four-year APR score of 1,000.

Among Penn State's 29 varsity teams, 23 have a four-year APR score at or above the Division I average for their respective sports. The NCAA did not release institutional APR rates for 2007-08 or the multi-year rate.

Nine Nittany Lions squads have multi-year APR scores that rank in the Top 20 percent nationally for their respective sport: men's basketball, women's cross country, field hockey, football, women's golf, women's lacrosse, softball, women's tennis and wrestling. An additional six Penn State teams rank in the Top 30 percent nationally for their respective sport.

Penn State has the highest multi-year APR score among Big Ten football teams, while the Nittany Lion basketball team ranks No. 3 in the Big Ten. The Nittany Lion football and basketball squads and the Lady Lion basketball team all improved their APR score by at least nine points from the 2008 NCAA report.

"We continue to be very pleased with the consistently high level of academic achievements of our student-athletes," stated Tim Curley, Director of Athletics. "Their academic success is a credit to their outstanding work-ethic and dedication. Our coaches deserve credit for identifying and recruiting student-athletes that are able to excel in the classroom, compete for championships and represent Penn State. The encouragement and guidance they receive from our faculty and academic support personnel also are a critical component in our academic successes."

In April, five Nittany Lion teams - field hockey, softball, women's lacrosse, women's tennis and wrestling - earned NCAA Public Recognition Awards for having APR scores in the top 10 percent nationally for their respective sport during the 2007-08 academic year.

Penn State's five honored teams were tied for second-highest in the Big Ten Conference. The Nittany Lions have placed second in the Big Ten all three years of the NCAA's Public Recognition program.

Penn State student-athletes earned a record Graduation Success Rate (GSR) of 89 percent compared to a 78 percent average for all Division I institutions, according to NCAA data released in October 2008. Twenty-two of Penn State's 25 teams earned a GSR score above the national average (track and field and cross country are counted as one sport) and 21 Nittany Lion teams earned a GSR higher than the national average for their respective sport.

Eleven Penn State squads earned a GSR of 100 percent, according to the 2008 NCAA report.

Penn State academic standards (Faculty Senate Policy 67-00) are higher than both the NCAA and Big Ten standards and are reflected in the APR reporting to the NCAA. Nittany Lion student-athletes are required to have passed more credits entering their fifth through eighth semesters than the Big Ten and NCAA require. Penn State student-athletes also must have a higher grade point average than the Big Ten minimum entering their second through sixth semesters.

The APR scores are a measure of eligibility and retention/graduation for each student-athlete receiving athletic aid during the identified academic semester/year. Retention is evaluated for each student-athlete with the following question in mind: Did that student-athlete return to the institution the next semester (students can earn 2 points after the fall semester and 2 points after the spring and summer semesters)? Eligibility is evaluated using NCAA, conference (if applicable), and institutional standards.

The APR is based on four years of data, with the most current year's data added and the oldest year removed to create a four-year (multi-year) rolling rate.

Contemporaneous financial aid penalties can be applied if an athletic team's multi-year APR score is below 925. If a team's multi-year score is below 900, that team could be subject to historical penalties.

None of Penn State's 29 varsity sport programs team has a multi-year APR below 925.

The Penn State football team has the highest multi-year APR score among Big Ten football squads at 976, an increase of 12 points from the 2008 report. The Nittany Lions easily surpassed the Football Bowl Subdivision (Division I-A) average of 941 and the Division I public institution average of 931.

The Nittany Lion basketball team has a four-year APR score of 975, an increase of 11 points from last year, and significantly above the Division I men's basketball average of 933 and the public institution score of 924. Penn State posted the Big Ten's third-highest APR figure among men's basketball teams for the second consecutive year, trailing only Illinois and Michigan State.

The Lady Lion basketball squad has a multi-year APR score of 962, an improvement of nine points from the 2008 report, and six points above the public Division I women's basketball average of 956 and equal to the Division I average for women's basketball programs.

Penn State's student-athletes, who have captured 17 Big Ten Championships during the past four years and six NCAA titles in the past two years, consistently have been among the nation's most successful in earning their degrees. Among some of their recent academic accomplishments are:

- A school record nine Nittany Lion student-athletes were selected to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America® team during the 2008 Fall semester, including six first team honorees.

- According to 2008 NCAA data, Penn State's 2001-02 entering freshman class earned a record 84 percent federal graduation rate among student-athletes, significantly above the 64 percent for all Division I institutions. The four-year federal graduation rate average for University Park student-athletes was 82 percent, again well above the national average of 63 percent, and second to Northwestern (88) in the Big Ten.

- African-American student-athletes at Penn State continue to graduate at much higher percentages than at other Division I institutions. Seventy-nine percent of African-American student-athletes that entered Penn State in 2001-02 graduated, highest among Big Ten Conference institutions and significantly above the national Division I average of 53 percent.

- Penn State's African-American student-athlete GSR was 80 percent, again significantly above the Division I national GSR average of 62 percent. Penn State was second only to Northwestern among Big Ten schools in the African-American four-year federal graduation rate and GSR.

- Of the Penn State student-athletes in the NCAA studies from 1992-93 through 2001-02 who exhausted their eligibility, 96 percent left with their diplomas.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #48
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

http://post-gazette.com/pg/09153/974530-100.stm
Penn State lands top WPIAL lineman
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
By Mike White, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Fox Chapel High School's Miles Dieffenbach, one of the top linemen in WPIAL football, has decided to attend Penn State.

Dieffenbach, a 6-foot-5, 285-pound junior, made a verbal commitment to Penn State yesterday while on a visit to the university with his parents. He will play either guard or center for the Nittany Lions.

High school football players can't sign a binding letter of intent with a college until February of their senior years. But they can accept a scholarship and make a verbal commitment at any time. Dieffenbach is the fourth player from the WPIAL class of 2010 to commit to Penn State.

Dieffenbach said he chose Penn State over Pitt, although he also had scholarship offers from Syracuse, Virginia, Florida State, South Florida, Boston College, Northwestern and Minnesota.

"I had been up there for the Michigan State and Indiana games last year," Dieffenbach said. "But all I saw then was the stadium and it was unbelievable. I visited with my dad a few weeks ago and then my mom came up this time. When I saw the place the last two times, it was totally different. The campus, the facilities, everything was unbelievable."

Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 PM   #49
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts

i hope akron whips thier ass

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #50
JHSilverback
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12082

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i hope akron whips thier ass
lol...I would be shocked and devistated if that were to ever happen
JHSilverback is offline   Reply With Quote