Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 03-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
steel-EERS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2166
Default Frank Summers-UNLV (jr Bus)

seems the steelers worked him out on the side at his pro day, 5-10, 240ish and 4.55 forty, might be worth a flyer in 4th or fifth
Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172
Default Re: Frank Summers-UNLV (jr Bus)

that would be awesome if he could turn out to be a bus, but honestly he might be built like jerome and have the speed of jerome, but sadly RB's like jerome only come along every once in a while he was special IMHO.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
Pitt$burgh$teeler$
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12430

look at his highlights on youbtube this guy is a monster he cud be the big back we need he reminds me of leron the fb of the ravens!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,152 Times in 579 Posts

We have a tank already, his name is Rashard Mendenhall. Now if Frank the tank wants to play full back AND do the short yardage, hell yes.....
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,439 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

They may be preparing for Parkers departure in 2010. I guess I will get bashed for this but if they draft a back like Bettis and we have Mendenhall and Moore where does Parker fit in.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #6
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt$burgh$teeler$ View Post
look at his highlights on youbtube this guy is a monster he cud be the big back we need he reminds me of leron the fb of the ravens!
The fact that he has some pass catching ability gives him a step up on Parker. Can he block is the question?
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
The fact that he has some pass catching ability gives him a step up on Parker. Can he block is the question?
Pass catching is what I noticed most on the youtube highlights I saw. Almost all the plays on the reel were passes and shots of him making some kind of two handed money gesture.

Not impressed by what I saw. Looked like average runs against low quality competition. anyone have a suggestion for higlight reel?

One of the things that made Bettis special was his feet. Hard to say from this. What's the kid's bowling score anyway?
Steely McSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:07 AM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend

he has a powerful build with thick legs.

here are his pro-day stats...

height - 5' 9"

weight - 240

40 - 4.55

vertical - 34.5 inches

broad jump - 9' 5"

bench - 30

one thing i haven't heard about is his attitude/personality. is he a trouble maker? does he stay in shape? is he a team player?

mendenhall hasn't proven he is a power back....yet. he didn't look the part in pre-season or the short time he had in the regular season. the good thing about summers is he can play FB and also catch. drafting summers could mean parker gets traded.

note: who is the other person in the photo above? he is wearing waht appears to be a steelers' shirt. is he part of the coaching staff? i'm too lazy to look up photos for the entire steelers coaching staff.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #9
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,404 Times in 1,439 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post

he has a powerful build with thick legs.

here are his pro-day stats...

height - 5' 9"

weight - 240

40 - 4.55

vertical - 34.5 inches

broad jump - 9' 5"

bench - 30

one thing i haven't heard about is his attitude/personality. is he a trouble maker? does he stay in shape? is he a team player?

mendenhall hasn't proven he is a power back....yet. he didn't look the part in pre-season or the short time he had in the regular season. the good thing about summers is he can play FB and also catch. drafting summers could mean parker gets traded.

note: who is the other person in the photo above? he is wearing waht appears to be a steelers' shirt. is he part of the coaching staff? i'm too lazy to look up photos for the entire steelers coaching staff.
That dude looks like a beast, as for the guy in the background he does look like a steeler guy.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

If the Steelers draft a guy like it Does Not Mean The End of Willie Parker, why would it? If your not a fan of Willie, then just say it and quit beating around the bush. I think that Willie could get alot more yards if he would keep his head up and eyes looking for holes, but the guy is our starter until Mendenhall is ready in my opinion and that may be next season, but for now he is our starter. Mendenhall never showed me much in his rookie season, but that doesnt mean that he wont come back stronger than ever. He had to have learned something from watching every game last season either from home or on tape with the team during the week.
I am so tired of hearing everyone bash on Willie, if you dont like him that is fine, but I like the guy and appreciate what he has done for his team the last 4 years