Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-06-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,096 Times in 3,457 Posts
Default why bush admin dropped the ball in preventing 9/11

its all in the 9/11 commission report. its nothing new. in fact, i have cited articles in the past (that have either gone ignored or simply killed a thread).

but with recent allegations (on this board) that clinton didnt do shit to go after al qaeda, coupled with assertations of how safe bush has kept us since, brings all of this to a head once again.

-clinton left a comprehensive plan to go after al qaeda
-the tools were in place to do it effectively and efficiently (predator)

http://www.historycommons.org/contex...#a0900predator.

(warning: many pages of reading and dozens of citations contained within)

Quote:
Be aware that al-Qaeda sleeper cells in the US are not just a potential threat, but are a “major threat in being.” Additionally, more attacks have almost certainly been set in motion (see January 25, 2001). [Washington Post, 1/20/2002] Rice’s response to Clarke’s proposal is that the Cabinet will not address the issue until it has been “framed” at the deputy secretary level. However, this initial deputy meeting is not given high priority and it does not take place until April 2001. [Clarke, 2004, pp. 230-31] Henry Shelton, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman until 9/11, says, “The squeaky wheel was Dick Clarke, but he wasn’t at the top of their priority list, so the lights went out for a few months. Dick did a pretty good job because he’s abrasive as hell, but given the [bureaucratic] level he was at” there was no progress. [Benjamin and Simon, 2002, pp. 335-36; Los Angeles Times, 3/30/2004] Some counterterrorism officials think the new administration responds slowly simply because Clarke’s proposal originally came from the Clinton administration. [Time, 8/4/2002] For instance, Thomas Maertenson, on the National Security Council in both the Clinton and Bush administrations, says, “They really believed their campaign rhetoric about the Clinton administration. So anything [that administration] did was bad, and the Bushies were not going to repeat it.” [New York Times, 3/24/2004; Star-Tribune (Minneapolis), 3/25/2004] The Bush administration will finally address the gist of Clarke’s plan at a cabinet-level meeting on September 4, 2001, just one week before 9/11 (see September 4, 2001). Clarke will later comment that the plan adopted “on Sept. 4 is basically… what I proposed on Jan. 25. And so the time in between was wasted.”
-ironic how the cia and fbi drug its feet for several years, ignoring obvious intelligence and clintons wishes to attack bin laden.

-ironic how reps accused clinton of being obsessive about bin laden as a diversionary tactic to the lewinsky scandal.

-ironic how the cia/ bush family/ bin laden family are all connected.

-ironic how bush considered going after bin laden simply as "swatting at flies".

-ironic how the bush's could turn a blind eye on a family friend/buiseness partner, yet still have such an obvious "hard on" for waging war against iraq (to settle unfinished business).

-ironic how the fbi/cia can drag its feet on obvious evidence ot a bin laden threat, yet miraculously produced conclusive evidence of the existance and threat of WMD.

-ironic how the people we helped to protect and defend (by setting up bases on their holy land) produced the majority (18 of 19?) of the terrorists who flew planes into our WTC and capitol.

-ironic how the predator loaded with hellfires wasnt seen as an effective tool until immediately after 9/11 (after it had already proven effective in capturing close up surveilance of bin laden, and being capable of delivering the missles).

-ironic that the only major job condi rice has even been mentionned as a potential suitor for is with the cleveland browns. (and that was nothing more than crazy talk).
Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,944 Times in 1,842 Posts
Default Re: why bush admin dropped the ball in preventing 9/11

Quote:
ignoring obvious intelligence and clintons wishes to attack bin laden.
-ironic how clinton had several chances at taking bin laden out but didn't. Must be bush's fault too?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

-ironic how the perpetrators of 9/11 were physically in this country and the planning of the attack was in the works for YEARS before the actual attack took place, which was in what, the eighth MONTH of GWB's tenure? Yep, all Bush's fault. Did the "comprehensive plan to go after al Qaeda" that "Bubba" so graciously left behind for GWB to pursue include lobbing cruise missiles at aspirin factories in Sudan?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #4
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
-ironic how clinton had several chances at taking bin laden out but didn't. Must be bush's fault too?
as the link clearly shows, if i had to place blame on anybody i would put that on the CIA/FBI (but i can see where its more convinient for the ribs to place it on obama/clinton/dems as if its one person who is actually running the show.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
-ironic how the perpetrators of 9/11 were physically in this country and the planning of the attack was in the works for YEARS before the actual attack took place, which was in what, the eighth MONTH of GWB's tenure? Yep, all Bush's fault. Did the "comprehensive plan to go after al Qaeda" that "Bubba" so graciously left behind for GWB to pursue include lobbing cruise missiles at aspirin factories in Sudan?
hmmmm....

a bunch of saudis setting up shop in our country after george sr, set up shop in their country.

go figure.

yep. its all "bubba"s fault!

atleast "bubba" was capable of kicking off this nations first comprehensive counterterrorism approach, as opposed to his predacessors who thought the "war on drugs" was much more important.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Nah-even if Al Gore was President, this "inside job" would have still happened.

IF Gore were President, 9/11 still would have happened, Gore would have declared war in Iraq, Bill O'Leilly and Keith Olbermann would have called conservatives "Right-wing moon bat traitors", etc, etc.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #6
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
as the link clearly shows, if i had to place blame on anybody i would put that on the CIA/FBI (but i can see where its more convinient for the ribs to place it on obama/clinton/dems as if its one person who is actually running the show.)

hmmmm....

a bunch of saudis setting up shop in our country after george sr, set up shop in their country.

go figure.

yep. its all "bubba"s fault!

atleast "bubba" was capable of kicking off this nations first comprehensive counterterrorism approach, as opposed to his predacessors who thought the "war on drugs" was much more important.
Do you actually believe this crap you type? See you make a post that some people would read as actual facts, but in reality it is nothing more then your liberal bias. Why don't you just stick to the threads you know, like the ganga thread. Hippie.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
Nah-even if Al Gore was President, this "inside job" would have still happened.
but bin laden may have been dead.

that s a great excuse fot the incoming administration to ignore what was laid on their table.

in the meantime, we're still hunting for him (i think) which still takes lots of money....
Old 03-07-2009, 01:41 AM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Yep, all Bush's fault.:
please be able to separate the "bush admin" from the man himself before putting words into my mouth.

the evidence clearly shows condi rice bears some blame and the evidence most definitely shows the CIA/FBI (of both administrations) shoulder plenty of blame.

with a non partisan effort i am simply showing how blaming 1 single person for all of our nations troubles is a simple case of not seeing the forest beyond the trees..
Old 03-07-2009, 02:19 AM   #9
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

Even though President Bush and his administration has been out of the spotlight for well over a month now shortsighted, easily influenced, non-intellectual Americans still find a way to blame the past regime for everything... It happened. Move on. The only way having another group of politicians in the executive office during those times could have changed anything would have been for Jesus Christ himself to have been Commander-In-Chief.

For a group of people who talk so much about "change" and "moving forward" Democrats sure have one hell of a hard time getting beyond the fact that their opinion on the past is irrelevant. Shut up and give us world peace already which you've been promising for as long as I can remember. And I voted for Obama.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 AM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Change We Can Believe In . . . .

Not in Washington and most certainly - not on this board.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote