Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,066 Times in 3,448 Posts
Default FOX News special report on Juarez cartel killings

kinda hard to believe its taken this long for the juarez murders to gain some national media attention.

geraldo rivera will be doing a special report tonight on fox news (10pm est).

according to him the death toll is now up to 2000 since january of '08.

good news though- its gotten so bad, that 2500 mexican army troops are now there patrolling the streets and for the 1st time in well over a year, it has gone 36 straight hours without a body being found.

this is some straight up gangsta shit. 3 bodies were dumped in front of the american councilate earlier this week.

they do stuff like chop off heads, pack it in an igloo cooler, and send it to the red cross as if its medical supplies.

if you like scarface type of stuff i highly recommend tuning in.

oh, and for what its worth, Julie Banderas makes foxnews well worth watching (she was just interviewing geraldo who was also on orielly yesterday to pimp this report).
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: FOX News special report on Juarez cartel killings

Personally, I don't think the US Government has come out strongly enough against any US Citizens going anywhere near Mexico right now, especially with Spring Break upon us. People should be told loud and clear, Mexico, is not a fun place right now.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

I know that it's a banned location for the military. I get an advisory at least monthly...and often times weekly.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
tony hipchest

geraldo (who went to ASU and has partied in Juarez as a youth) reported theat the college has pretty much forbidden any of the students making the 60 mile trip to Nogales.

im almost certain UTEP does the same. everyone in el paso pretty much knows. the local media is pretty much all over it (i would assume on all boarder towns.)

the deeper in mexico hotspots like cancuun arent quite as dangerous.

the murders are pretty calculated and arent targetting tourists. in fact they (the cartels) have pretty much send out warnings because executions are happening in broad daylight and they really dont care who gets caught in the crossfire.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Nice neighbors we have.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

You know, 100 years ago, this kind of thing would have spread across the border and caused a war between two nations.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #7
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
You know, 100 years ago, this kind of thing would have spread across the border and caused a war between two nations.
As porous as our border is I am not convinced that it won't do just that.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
tony hipchest

el paso had an astonishingly low 20 murders last year, which makes it one of our nations "safest" cities of its size or bigger.

the boarder partol and local police have done a pretty good job there considering, what is essentially the slaughter just a stones throw across the river.

on the flipside is phoeni, which has now become the kidnapping capitol of the US (350 last year) thanks to these cartels.

once these drugs make it across the boarder, phoenix is the major distribution hub to the rest of america.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
el paso had an astonishingly low 20 murders last year, which makes it one of our nations "safest" cities of its size or bigger.

the boarder partol and local police have done a pretty good job there considering, what is essentially the slaughter just a stones throw across the river.

on the flipside is phoeni, which has now become the kidnapping capitol of the US (350 last year) thanks to these cartels.

once these drugs make it across the boarder, phoenix is the major distribution hub to the rest of america.
I am all for federalizing a mile and a half of land from the boarders inward, and making them all training ground for the military. . .

That way, we side step the posse comitatis issues altogether, and our military starts to take care of the porous boarders.

(actually, posse-comitatis was amended years ago to allow for it. But too many people would probably be up in arms if the military just deployed on our border).

or we could use the national guard. As long as they are not federalized, they do not fall under posse-comitatis.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
tony hipchest

i was just watching laura ingraham on oreily call el-paso a "war zone" and telling him he should do a show from down there (of course this is just pure - PANIC!!! she used to blame obama for not closing down the boarders).

what a clueless bitch. is she ann coulters twin or does she get her shit from listenning to rush?

she obviously never seen the place, let alone even heard of the town before the obama administration.

granted, juarez is a war zone, but it has been contained. for her to say "its already here". was gross neglegt in yet another desperate attempt to spread -PANIC!!!! and - BLAME!!!!

seriously, you should see the wall being put up, and the miles of floodlights, and the boarder patrolmen every quarter mile or so FOR MILES.

listenning to this crap though and one would believe obama is tearing this wall down.

where is the outrage against the evil right wing media? its hypocritical, i say!

and hardly any credit goes to bill for his minor attempt to pull her foot out of her mouth by quickly saying the wall is still being built and they sent geraldo down their.

her response was "yeah but obama..."

butbutbutbut....