Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #1091
WH

Member Number:
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
And I guess Reid is innocent in all of this.
No one in Washington is innocent in any way.

But Harry Reid is the lesser of those two evils.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #1092
WH

Member Number:
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
I am pretty sure the elephants lost all of their seats in the 06' elections. But the core of what your saying is true. I have never been more disgusted by anyone's actions and attitude's as I have for that plastic faced bitch. I can't wait to see her lose the House this fall.
In '09 they lost the most important ''seat'' of all. The one in the White House. But you are right, it was '06. damn flippy numbers.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #1093
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,709 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
No one in Washington is innocent in any way.

But Harry Reid is the lesser of those two evils.
I want some of what your smoking. They're both equally bad, did you know it was reid who carved out the section that leaders and their staff were exempt from this monstrosity. Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 AM   #1094
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
I want some of what your smoking. They're both equally bad, did you know it was reid who carved out the section that leaders and their staff were exempt from this monstrosity. Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander.
link?

I'm sure no Republican leader is upset about it.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #1095
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH View Post
link?

I'm sure no Republican leader is upset about it
What the hell are you smoking.

From a quick search.

http://debtreductionus.com/health/?tag=a-carve-out-for
Quote:
GOP Would Require President, Cabinet, Staff To Enroll In Public Option
Sunday, December 6th, 2009

Senate Republicans opposed to a public health-insurance option intend to introduce an amendment Monday that would require not just members of Congress to enroll in any such plan — but also the president, vice president, cabinet officials and all political staff.
An earlier, narrower version of the amendment just covering Congress , proposed by Sens. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) and David Vitter (R-La.), led to a Capitol spectacle on Friday as some Democrats called their bluff. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) tried to join their effort, but told the Hill that he was rebuffed. A Coburn spokesman said Brown would have been welcome to join and that the office had simply yet to get back to him. Regardless, Sens. Al Franken (D-Minn.), Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) and Brown all went to the Senate floor to ask unanimous consent to be added to the amendment, a request that was approved. Franken said on the Senate floor that he had discussed the situation with his wife Frannie and they had agreed to go on the public option if the bill became law. (If the amendment doesn’t become law, Franken wouldn’t legally be able to make that choice since he has employer-provided coverage.) A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid derided the new measure as “feel good amendment that typifies the Republican Party’s utter lack of ideas when it comes to health care reform.” Coburn and Vitter will be joined in this more expansive amendment by Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) and Richard Burr (R-N.C.). A Coburn spokesman said that Democrats were encouraged to join the GOP on this amendment. Coburn, a medical doctor, said that his amendment isn’t a gimmick, but rather a serious attempt to mitigate the harms he believes would come about through the existence of a public option. If the president and other political heavyweights are enrolled in it, his thinking goes, they’ll make sure it runs well. “While I oppose the public option, Republicans and Democrats can agree that we should live under the laws we pass. I can also think of no better way to ensure that the public option is responsive to our citizens than by having the politicians in charge of the system enrolled in the same program. If a low-income, single mom has to wait in line for a life saving treatment, so should our national leaders and their families. Enrolling national leaders in the public option may be the best way to prevent the government from rationing care,” Coburn said in a statement provided to HuffPost. Grassley said the amendment is an effort to close a loophole that he charged Democratic leadership with putting in, that exempted themselves, their staff and others. The Congressional Research Service analyzed the current bill and determined that it did create a carve-out for leadership and staff, according to Grassley. (The origin of the loophole is complicated: Coburn’s health committee amendment contained sloppy language that accidentally exempted leadership and committee staff; Grassley’s amendment in the finance committee did not; the merged bill that Reid sent to the floor includes Coburn’s language that continues the carve out. The new amendment does not.) “The White House and cabinet secretaries are working very hard for this massive overhaul of America’s health care system,” Grassley said in a statement to HuffPost. “It’s only fair that if this bill becomes law, these individuals should themselves be subject to the reforms. The same is true for congressional staff. Quietly carving out leadership staff and committee staff behind closed doors is unacceptable. If the reforms are as good as their supporters say, the reforms should be good enough for everybody.”
Nope the R's aren't upset at all.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #1096
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
What the hell are you smoking.

From a quick search.

http://debtreductionus.com/health/?tag=a-carve-out-for

Nope the R's aren't upset at all.
YAY! Some proof to go along with all of those anti-Obama pictures! I stand corrected.

Looks like we have some Animal Farm type shit going down in D.C.

''All Animals are equal, but some are more equal than others''
Old 03-26-2010, 12:37 AM   #1097
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,776 Times in 2,938 Posts

Quote:

This ones for you hipcheese.
thats pretty good but i find the 'original" much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Nancy Pelosi intentionally walked through a crowd of protesters grinning and carrying a comically large gavel before entering the capitol.

That is one stubborn lady.
as much as i appreciate the irritation value to the crybabies, that vid was about as tacky as anything i would expect from sarah palin.

thers something to be said for winning with dignity and grace, but acting like a loser trying to incite hate riots is deplorable, especially with impending victory. but im not suprised. pelosi is about as trashy as a politician gets.

there is no way that bitch would ever get my vote in my state.

and before anyone (like mel) chimes in as if they know me, just do a quick search on my posts regarding gov. g. johnson, or pete domenici.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #1098
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #1099
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

chacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #1100
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

And doing what he does best. Sucking

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ