Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #201
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,647 Times in 4,009 Posts
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Tony.

I take that comment as a personal insult. You know me better than that and know how I feel about this subject (faith).

Over the line. Far, over the line.
nothing personal preach... just getting caught up in the "spirit" of the thread.... (which everybody else besides revs seems to be enjoying)... obama is bad, obama is the devil, obama is worse than communism, obama will bring america to its knees, demos dont pay taxes, etc...

and you know how i feel about this subject too. this whole planet is on a 1 way path to "hell in a handbasket" long before obama, despite what all the chicken littles say.

everything i say in this thread is said in jest. the majority of the others posting in it cant say that.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #202
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
everybody knows the anti-christ will be a republican educated in rome.
That's what the Devil wants you to think Tony.

The real Devil is the one you won't see coming...

Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #203
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Little Wall Street Journal....

about B.O.

Obama Makes Use of Signing Statements

WASHINGTON -- Democrats often criticized the Bush White House for its use of the presidential signing statement, a means by which the president can reject provisions of a bill he deems unconstitutional without vetoing the entire legislation. Now the approach is back.

President Barack Obama, after signing into law a $410 billion budget bill on Wednesday, declared five provisions in the bill to be unconstitutional and non-binding, including one that would effectively restrict U.S. troop deployments under U.N. command and another aimed at preventing punishment of whistleblowers.

The move came two days after Mr. Obama ordered a review of his predecessor's signing statements and said he would rein in the use of such declarations.

"As I announced this past Monday, it is a legitimate constitutional function, and one that promotes the value of transparency, to indicate when a bill that is presented for Presidential signature includes provisions that are subject to well-founded constitutional objections," Mr. Obama said in the statement.

Democrats, and some Republicans, complained that former President George W. Bush abused the signing statement by declaring that he would ignore congressional intent on more than 1,200 sections of bills, easily a record. Critics at the time said that if the president had constitutional questions, he should veto the bill and demand a correction.

Mr. Bush's successor showed Wednesday that he isn't averse to using the same methods.

"We're having a repeat of what Democrats bitterly complained about under President Bush," said Sen. Arlen Specter (R, Pa.), who drafted legislation to nullify Mr. Bush's signing statements. He added that if Mr. Obama "wants to pick a fight, Congress has plenty of authority to retaliate."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123680763049200481.html
Old 03-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #204
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Maybe we'd all be safter with Janet Reno on B.O's staff...

Then again...maybe not...

Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #205
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Little Wall Street Journal....

about B.O.

Obama Makes Use of Signing Statements

WASHINGTON -- Democrats often criticized the Bush White House for its use of the presidential signing statement, a means by which the president can reject provisions of a bill he deems unconstitutional without vetoing the entire legislation. Now the approach is back.

President Barack Obama, after signing into law a $410 billion budget bill on Wednesday, declared five provisions in the bill to be unconstitutional and non-binding, including one that would effectively restrict U.S. troop deployments under U.N. command and another aimed at preventing punishment of whistleblowers.

The move came two days after Mr. Obama ordered a review of his predecessor's signing statements and said he would rein in the use of such declarations.

"As I announced this past Monday, it is a legitimate constitutional function, and one that promotes the value of transparency, to indicate when a bill that is presented for Presidential signature includes provisions that are subject to well-founded constitutional objections," Mr. Obama said in the statement.

Democrats, and some Republicans, complained that former President George W. Bush abused the signing statement by declaring that he would ignore congressional intent on more than 1,200 sections of bills, easily a record. Critics at the time said that if the president had constitutional questions, he should veto the bill and demand a correction.

Mr. Bush's successor showed Wednesday that he isn't averse to using the same methods.

"We're having a repeat of what Democrats bitterly complained about under President Bush," said Sen. Arlen Specter (R, Pa.), who drafted legislation to nullify Mr. Bush's signing statements. He added that if Mr. Obama "wants to pick a fight, Congress has plenty of authority to retaliate."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123680763049200481.html
Fascinating.... Another flip-flop...

and I STILL get TICKED about MR Bush and MR Obama.

they are FORMER PRESIDENT Bushand PRESIDENT Obama.

Sadly, the press has NO respect for the office anymore.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #206
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Fascinating.... Another flip-flop...

and I STILL get TICKED about MR Bush and MR Obama.

they are FORMER PRESIDENT Bushand PRESIDENT Obama.

Sadly, the press has NO respect for the office anymore.
I think somewhere along the line, as long as you call them President in the top of the paragraph, you are allowed to just use Mr, (last name) after that. As long as it is clear that you are speaking of the President.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #207
tony hipchest

Quote:
That's what the Devil wants you to think Tony.

The real Devil is the one you won't see coming...
...i hear Obama "Light" isnt so bitter....

Old 03-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #208
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
...i hear Obama "Light" isnt so bitter..
maybe Obama should switch to the Light Side then...

Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #209
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
...i hear Obama "Light" isnt so bitter....

Old 03-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #210
tony hipchest

Quote:
Maybe we'd all be safter with Janet Reno on B.O's staff...

Then again...maybe not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I noticed that at least one poster here as reverted back to the extremely tired and pretty much now irrelevant "It's all Clinton's fault".

Broken record...
fixed that for ya!

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-11-2009 at 08:02 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote