Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #471
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Its a Rescue Dog...really...um...yeah...

PROMISES, PROMISES: Is Obama dog a rescue or not?

WASHINGTON (AP) - Is Bo a rescued dog or not? Did President Obama keep or break a campaign promise in picking the purebred as the family's new pet?
The twists and turns of the Portuguese water dog's route to the White House make for the kind of intrigue that political junkies and the highly opinionated dog world delight in.

Bo arrives officially on Tuesday—though the administration released a photo on Monday of the new pet romping with the president at the White House.

Barack Obama and his wife Michelle said during the presidential campaign that they had promised their two girls a dog after the election.

The Obamas repeatedly said they wanted it to be a rescued dog such as one from a shelter. Their search was complicated by daughter Malia's allergies, which would rule out many of the "mutts" the president has said he would prefer.

Enter Bo, a 6-month-old puppy given up by his first owner and matched with the Obamas through his breeders. Because he was given up by his first owner as a poor fit and is now with his second owners, the Obamas, but never spent time in a shelter or with a rescue group, Bo is a "quasi-rescue dog," says Wayne Pacelle, chief executive of The Humane Society of the United States.

Here's where the intrigue comes in:

—Bo's breeders happen to have bred Sen. Edward Kennedy's Portuguese water dogs. The Massachusetts Democrat, an Obama friend and political ally, also acquired a pup from Bo's litter. Bo's breeders are fans of Obama and named Bo's litter the Hope and Change litter.

—Bo's first owner lives in Washington.

—Bo was returned to the breeder in early March, fitting the spring timeline the Obamas had given for their dog adoption.

—Kennedy and his wife Victoria helped line Bo up with the Obamas. Before moving into the White House, the pup spent nearly a month with the Kennedys' dog trainer in Virginia.

In fact, Bo is a gift to the Obamas' daughters, Malia and Sasha, from the Kennedys, said Katie McCormick Lelyveld, a spokeswoman for Michelle Obama.

"They were starting their search with shelter dogs, but when the Kennedys learned of this dog and offered it as a gift to the girls, they met the dog, it was a perfect fit for their lifestyle and for Malia's health concerns," she said, adding that the Obamas are making a donation to the Washington Humane Society. "Because this gift came before their pound search sort of was completed, they made a gift to some of the places they were looking."

Still, conspiracy buffs might speculate that Bo was meant for the Obamas all along. Was his adoption engineered to look like a rescue—or at least blur the line to head off criticism that the Obamas had picked a purebred from a breeder?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #472
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Is it Bo or Bow?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by MACH1; 04-13-2009 at 05:23 PM.
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #473
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Yeah, on the rescue dog thing, it's not REALLY news, but isn't that once again kind of breaking a promise?

Why bother MAKING a promise like that if you are just going to go back on your word?

It's a minor issue, but seems to part of a bigger emerging character flaw with this guy...

Last edited by revefsreleets; 04-14-2009 at 09:15 AM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #474
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
This one made me Laugh at my desk.

I didn't realize it was so stylish for the First Lady to wear the White House dining room table cloth.

She dresses like a hoochie mama instead of a First Lady. It's an embarrassment.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #475
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post

I didn't realize it was so stylish for the First Lady to wear the White House dining room table cloth.

She dresses like a hoochie mama instead of a First Lady. It's an embarrassment.
If thats what a hoochie mama looks like, I don't want the hooch or the mama.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #476
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

HTG, seething hatred aside, ive seen plenty of hoochie mommas and that is NOT what they dress like.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #477
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Hey Michelle, this would make a nice skirt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #478
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

lol

that guy looks alot like obama.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #479
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
HTG, seething hatred aside, ive seen plenty of hoochie mommas and that is NOT what they dress like.

All seething hatred aside Tony, I don't thing you can blame HTG for not knowing what a trallup dresses like.

Simply, The Chief.

Last edited by Texasteel; 04-14-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #480
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Whatever you say, Tony. I will freely admit that I do not like or respect Michelle Obama for a whole lot of reasons, including the fact that I strongly believe she is a racist and an embarrassment as a First Lady, but hate is a very strong word and I hold no hatred in my heart for anyone, including her. So take your assumption and stick it up your ASS.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote