Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #501
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Obama gets ahead of prompter

President Obama’s speech at the National Academy of Sciences Monday morning hit a brief snag when Obama got ahead of his script.

Laying his plan for a President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, Obama began to name the members of PCAST listed in his prepared remarks – before realizing he’d already introduced them, earlier in his speech.

“In addition to John – sorry, the – I just noticed I jumped the gun here,” Obama said, pausing for several seconds as he looked at the prompter. “Go ahead. Move it up. I had already introduced all you guys.”

The audience, which gave the president a warm reception, responded with a quiet laugh.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...17e7b70c2.html

Video can be seen in the link for a good ole chuckle at Mr "I Can Read, Vote For Me"
I was just reading that on another site.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #502
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMoy8JprKI0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BMoy8JprKI0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Cost to fly Air Force One on a three hour mission? $300,658
Cost to fly two F-16 fighter jets on a 1.8 hour mission? $28,178
Flying over Manhattan at 1,000 feet and reminding New Yorkers of the terror that was September 11th for a "photo-op"? Priceless

Way to cut back on deficit spending...

No matter what you think of this administration this "photo-op" was an idiotic stunt done in poor taste.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:32 AM   #503
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

"Dammit, who typed a question mark on the TelePrompter? How many times do I have to tell you? Anything you type, Obama will read!"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GeJsyoKIabY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GeJsyoKIabY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

"Go F#@& yourselves, America."
Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 AM   #504
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

HOW TO BEGIN EACH DAY WITH A POSITIVE OUTLOOK

1. Open a new file in your computer.

2. Name it 'Barack Obama'.
3 Send it to the Recycle Bin.

4. Empty the Recycle Bin.

5. Your PC will ask you: 'Do you really want to get rid of 'Barack Obama?'

6. Firmly Click 'Yes.'

7. Feel better?

GOOD! - Tomorrow we'll do Nancy Pelosi!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 AM   #505
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

RIDDLE OF THE DAY

Hillary, Biden and Obama
were on a donkey, in a boat,
going down a river.
The river rapids were
extremely rough.
The boat capsized.
Who was saved?
Can't figure it out?
See below for the answer ...

AMERICA!
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #506
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #507
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Boooo, blahhh, I hate bad things, ooo, ahhhh!
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #508
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,840 Times in 2,165 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #509
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

You have to Love the New York Post:

100 DAYS, 100 MISTAKES
JOE SCARBOROUGH, GLENN BECK AND OTHERS ON OBAMA'S SHORT, ERROR-PRONE TIME IN OFFICE

1. "Obama criticized pork barrel spending in the form of 'earmarks,' urging changes in the way that Congress adopts the spending proposals. Then he signed a spending bill that contains nearly 9,000 of them, some that members of his own staff shoved in last year when they were still members of Congress. 'Let there be no doubt, this piece of legislation must mark an end to the old way of doing business, and the beginning of a new era of responsibility and accountability,' Obama said." -- McClatchy, 3/11

2. "There is no doubt that we've been living beyond our means and we're going to have to make some adjustments." -- Obama during the campaign.

3. This year's budget deficit: $1.5 trillion.

4. Asks his Cabinet to cut costs in their departments by $100 million -- a whopping .0027%!

5. "The White House says the president is unaware of the tea parties." -- ABC News, 4/15

6. "Mr. Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the 'teleprompt president' over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech." -- Sky News, 3/18

7. In early February, the 2010 census was moved out of the Department of Commerce and into the White House, politicizing how federal aid is distributed and electoral districts are drawn.

8. Obama taps Nancy Killefer for a new administration job, First Chief Performance Officer -- to police government spending. But it surfaces that Killefer had performance issues of her own -- a tax lien was slapped on her DC home in 2005 for failure to pay unemployment compensation tax on household help. She withdrew.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04252009...77.htm?&page=1
Old 04-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #510
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

9. Turkey tried to block the appointment of Anders Fogh Rasmussen as new NATO secretary general because he didn't properly punish the Danish cartoonist who caricatured Mohammed. France's Nicolas Sarkozy and Germany's Angela Merkel were outraged; Obama said he supported Turkey's induction into the European Union.

10. . . . and he never mentioned the Armenian genocide.

11. The picture of Obama and Hugo Chavez shaking hands.

12. Hugo Chavez gave him the anti-American screed "The Open Veins of Latin America." Obama didn't remark upon it. At least it wasn't DVDs.

13. Nicaragua's Daniel Ortega went on a 50-minute anti-American rant, calling Obama "president of an empire." Obama didn't leave the room. "I thought it was 50 minutes long. That's what I thought," he said.

14. Executives at AIG get $165 million in bonuses, despite receiving an $173 billion taxpayer bailout.

15. "For months, the Obama administration and members of Congress have known that insurance giant AIG was getting ready to pay huge bonuses while living off government bailouts. It wasn't until the money was flowing and news was trickling out to the public that official Washington rose up in anger and vowed to yank the money back." -- Associated Press, 3/18

16. "After pushing Congress for weeks to hurry up and pass the massive $787 billion stimulus bill, President Obama promptly took off for a three-day holiday getaway." -- New York Post, 2/15

17. MEGHAN CLYNE ON: "I WON" AND THE DEATH OF BIPARTISANSHIP

"Obama soared to victory on the hopeful promise of a new era of bipartisanship. During his inaugural address he even promised an 'end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.'

"Too bad it took all of three days for the promise to ring hollow.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04252009...77.htm?&page=2