Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #581
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
No surprises...just about everybody not completely intoxicated by the Obama Kool-Aid knew he was very much in bed with ACORN, ...
Logical fallacy.

Supposes a truth without any evidence and deligitimizes counter argument as swayed by other factors, again, without proof. :)
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #582
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF4i View Post
Logical fallacy.

Supposes a truth without any evidence and deligitimizes counter argument as swayed by other factors, again, without proof. :)
What I have found interesting, is the dismissal of logical fallacies based on the denial of foundationalism.

Sometimes, logical fallacies are absolutely correct, even though its a fallacy logically.

It happens not because the statement is flawed, but because the limits of logic are flawed, hence, the move to postfoundationalism.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #583
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Anyone ready for the Obama apology tour part 2???
Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #584
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
What I have found interesting, is the dismissal of logical fallacies based on the denial of foundationalism.

Sometimes, logical fallacies are absolutely correct, even though its a fallacy logically.

It happens not because the statement is flawed, but because the limits of logic are flawed, hence, the move to postfoundationalism.
I never said he wasn't correct. I said he made a logical fallacy, which in this case, is one of the worse offenders.

It is hard with a statement like Revs to say it is right, or wrong. Of course, if the limits of logic are flawed then what is the point anyway? Nietzche anyone?

GO STEELERS!
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #585
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvxiG56M-eU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvxiG56M-eU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/toorZ2X8PyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/toorZ2X8PyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9AOYacPmBw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9AOYacPmBw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRnBlfNtSyQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oRnBlfNtSyQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 06-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #586
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Sorry, chuckles, but here come the facts and figures, evidence if you will...

-Through Madeline Talbot, Obama actually trained ACORN staff members in Chicago circa the early 90's.
-Look up "Motor Vote" and "Project Vote" in Chicago around 92. Obama once again worked closely with a very partisan ACORN.
-Obama's State Senate campaign in 96 and his failed 2000 bid for congress were FILLED with ACORN members. They were his shock troops, so to speak...
-His Illinois State Senate years were filled with ACORN-friendly policy endorsements.
-Obama's work on the Woods Fund and Joyce Foundation raised perhaps tens of millions for ACORN

There's more, but why go on? I proved my point. Obama is very closely associated to ACORN, has been for years, and anyone who thinks differently is either an Obama lemming or playing Ostrich.

Last edited by revefsreleets; 06-03-2009 at 08:18 AM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #587
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
There's more, but why go on? I proved my point. Obama is very closely associated to ACORN, has been for years, and anyone who thinks differently is either an Obama lemming or playing Ostrich.

I thought Ostritchs planted their heads in the sand not up their arses?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #588
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

How's that Economy under the new Prez anyway?

U.S. private sector axes 532,000 jobs in May

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. private employers chopped more than half a million jobs in May, signaling job conditions remain tough and dashing some hopes the economy was not deteriorating as rapidly as thought, a report on Wednesday showed.

U.S. companies axed 532,000 jobs last month, though this was fewer than the revised 545,000 jobs lost in April, according to the ADP National Employment Report.

The April figure was originally a decline of 491,000.

The median forecast of economists surveyed by Reuters for the ADP Employer Services report, jointly developed with Macroeconomic Advisers LLC, was for a loss of 520,000 private-sector jobs in May.

The ADP job reading is seen as a predictor of the government's monthly payroll figure. The Labor Department will release its May employment report at 8:30 a.m. on Friday.

The median forecast for the government payroll figure was a decline of 520,000 in May, compared with a 539,000 drop in April.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/US-pri...3660.html?.v=3
Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #589
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

I heard on Limbaugh earlier that the White House released a statement to the Arab media outlets that Obama was proud of his Muslim father and grandmother. Anyone else pick this up yet?

Last edited by KeiselPower99; 06-03-2009 at 08:17 PM.
KeiselPower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #590
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
I heard on Limbaugh earlier that the White House released a statement to the Arab media outlets that Obama was proud of his Muslim father and grandmother. Anyone else pick this up yet?
Guess that's part of the reason Obama doesn't want to kill terrorists.
Oh my god he's one of them.
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote