Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #641
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

But who actually ever believed the were bipartisan in the first place?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:13 AM   #642
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
More Acorn Information, the "non-partisan" group...BLLLSHIT.

http://anitamoncrief.blogspot.com/

Schumer, Gutierrez and Waters Honored for Governing the "ACORN Way" at Anniversary Celebration
If there are any lingering doubts that ACORN has been an organization that was squarely in the tank for Democrats, ACORN (which has never been coy about its thuggery and aspirations of political power) has offered proof in their own words. ACORN's 39th Anniversary celebration takes place on June 17th, 2009 and it promises to be filled with a who's who of Democrats.

Sadly for new puppies everywhere, this announcement is also another nail in the coffin of the Main Stream Media, as the RSVP at the bottom is that of The Advance Group, a major firm specializing in public relations. The Advance Group has many contacts in the MSM, but this event has been surprisingly kept under wraps. How is it possible that ACORN, who is in the middle of a ground war with bloggers and right leaning newspapers across the country (MSM reports only when they have to), has managed to plan a major event in DC with little media scrutiny. The email accompanying the attachment is also very telling, the full text appears below. The ACORN ties of each honoree or member would require another 10 to 15 posts.
On Glenn Becks tv show the other night he had one of his peolpe outside the building and he was told on a regular basis to move and stop filming.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #643
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

www.leasticoulddo.com

Not only is it a funny web-comic...but the main writer is a Canadian who talks a great many different topics.

Quote:
In 2007, documentary director Michael Moore released his latest film, entitled "Sicko". The premise of the doc was to compare the American health care industry to other nations, including Canada.

As a proud Canadian myself (eh?), I was forced to watch in disbelief as Moore painted the Canadian health care system as something other countries should aspire to. At several points during this segment, I kept waiting for a Unicorn to come out into the waiting room to announce that Cancer had been cured, and a free vaccine was now available to all.

At no cost, of course.

I feel the need to set a few things straight, and also to point my fellow countrymen to a site where they may be actually able to help affect some change.

The bottom line to the Canadian Health Care system is this: You get what you pay for.

With that in mind, this is the reality: It is absolutely impossible to get yourself a family doctor. A 5 hour wait in the Emergency Waiting Room is considered a brief stay. Government run means government bureaucracy. You will still pay for certain things, any thing that the government can cut out to trim their budget (Ie, a doctor's note for school to explain why you missed class can cost you 10$). Need any kind of specific test or scan? You'll get it, within 6 months to 2 years.

The reason I bring this all up today, is that the situation in my province of Quebec is ridiculously out of control, and quickly getting worse. Any of our readers who are Canadian, or better yet from Quebec, I would urge you to follow this link, read about the issues and get involved.

Simply because something's always been done a certain way, doesn't mean it's right.

- Because I can.
That's a Canadian's view on "Free" healthcare.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #644
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Free healthcare is a joke. Where do Canandians go for healthcare?? America. Think about it. Ask Europeans how well they enjoy it. They dont.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #645
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #646
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Stimulate the Economy...by Studying Toads?

http://www07.grants.gov/search/searc...se&oppId=48044

Wyoming Toad Recovery Program

The synopsis for this grant opportunity is detailed below, following this paragraph. This synopsis contains all of the updates to this document that have been posted as of 06/19/2009 . If updates have been made to the opportunity synopsis, update information is provided below the synopsis.
If you would like to receive notifications of changes to the grant opportunity click send me change notification emails . The only thing you need to provide for this service is your email address. No other information is requested.

The US Fish and Wildlife Service, Wyoming Ecological Services Field Office, has regulatory authority for the recovery of the endangered Wyoming Toad (Bufo baxteri). The Wyoming Toad is endemic to the Laramie Basin of Wyoming. The acquisition of Mortensen Lake National Wildlife Refuge and the enrollment of private lands within the Laramie Basin under the Laramie Rivers Conservation District’s Wyoming Toad Safe Harbor program have recently provided the Wyoming Toad with multiple recovery sites within its historic range. One of the new needs, therefore, of the recovery program is the ability to breed sufficient numbers of healthy toads for release at release sites. The University of Wyoming Department of Zoology and Physiology Red Buttes Environmental Biology Laboratory, provides a world-renowned aquatic laboratory to help ensure the Wyoming toad recovery program meets this need. The result of such captive breeding is expected to benefit both the goals and purpose of the Wyoming Toad recovery program and the University, including, but not limited to: Wyoming Toad related research, teaching, and opportunities to assist on the ground recovery efforts.

Category Explanation:
Expected Number of Awards: 1
Estimated Total Program Funding:
Award Ceiling: $100,000
Award Floor: $100,000
CFDA Number(s): 15.608 -- Fish and Wildlife Management Assistance
Cost Sharing or Matching Requirement: No

I love paying Taxes! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
Old 06-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #647
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 06-24-2009, 06:04 PM   #648
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The Obama Stamp

The Postal Service created a stamp with a picture of President Obama. The stamp was not sticking to envelopes. This enraged the President, who demanded a full investigation..

After a month of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending,
a special Presidential commission presented the following findings:

-The stamp is in perfect order.
-There is nothing wrong with the adhesive.
-People are spitting on the wrong side.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 PM   #649
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 06-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #650
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,226 Times in 2,678 Posts

reply #666... cool!

Hey Sarah, quick! Turn around! Let me show you something!

Jesus, John! get that little girls chin off your black pecker!