Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #891
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,372 Posts
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #892
Leftoverhard
Team Captain

Member Number: 9337
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
it's largely the same old group-think conveyor belt cookie cutter CNN garbage with a little personal flavor.

17 trillion in debt by 2019 (Those are Obama's own released figures). Start there and we'll see...
Well, let's see - I don't watch tv, except football. I think I've watched a grand total of 20-30 minutes of CNN ever. I read magazines, I read history books, I even read your posts sometimes. Why am I not just a cookie cutter of you? Because I have my own brain, I think for myself, and I gather information in many different ways - I just disagree with you on some things. I avoid biased websites that post obscene political cartoons of any bent. I also try to avoid regurgitating stats and numbers. It's just not my style. If that's cookie cutter, then so be it.
I was just calling you out for your hypocricy on the whole pot/kettle/black thing that irritates you so much because you have a tendency to do that yourself - a lot.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #893
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #894
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
Well, let's see - I don't watch tv, except football. I think I've watched a grand total of 20-30 minutes of CNN ever. I read magazines, I read history books, I even read your posts sometimes. Why am I not just a cookie cutter of you? Because I have my own brain, I think for myself, and I gather information in many different ways - I just disagree with you on some things. I avoid biased websites that post obscene political cartoons of any bent. I also try to avoid regurgitating stats and numbers. It's just not my style. If that's cookie cutter, then so be it.
I was just calling you out for your hypocricy on the whole pot/kettle/black thing that irritates you so much because you have a tendency to do that yourself - a lot.
WTF does that have to do with the 17 trillion in debt Obama is saddling this country with?

I couldn't care less about your opinion of me (other than you falsely labeling ME a hypocrite, which I find hysterical in it's inaccuracy), BUT if you are going to attack me, at least TRY and answer the question...or is this yet ANOTHER example of an "intellectual liberal" having no real answer for an honest and completely legitimate question, but instead turning to the tired old ad hominem attack?

PS It's certainly reasonable for you to independently arrive at the same incredibly biased conclusions as fellow like minded liberal automatons...you needn't WATCH CNN to THINK CNN...
Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #895
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

[IMG][/IMG]
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #896
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,950 Times in 4,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I've never really understood the whole liberal association between the GOP and hicks...I guess it's because they believe that people between the coasts are hillbillies or something, but it' s intellectually dishonest at best, and flat out WRONG at worst...

It's really more of an ad hominem thing, I think...rather than attack the argument, it's just easier for them to attempt to marginalize the arguer based on a few crude stereotypes.

The true irony is, that, at least on this board, there are VERY few examples of true liberal intellects posting (and the above poster who made the original reference certainly fails to qualify)...so it's more like a carbon covered old iron pot calling a shiny stainless steel kettle black...
the TRUE irony is that you do the same exact thing with dale earnhardt jr. fans in other forums (or fans of anything else youre not a fan of).

pot meet kettle....

ad hominem is your specialty.

Quote:

I couldn't care less about your opinion of me (other than you falsely labeling ME a hypocrite, which I find hysterical in it's inaccuracy),

c'mon dude. your outta control. someones gotta tighten the reigns.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 09-17-2009 at 12:45 AM.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #897
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Here's the problem with your above BS....I may attack the attacker, but I ALWAYS attack the argument along with it. Ergo, your entire position is incorrect, because the ad hominem fallacy specifies that the argument is ignored in lieu of attacking only the arguer.

This is typical of you as well...cherrypicking out only the tiny minutiae that supports whatever silly little point you are trying to make, whilst ignoring the much larger picture...classic lack of seeing the forest through the tree's, or, as is often the case with you, an individual tree.

Examine the whole recent exchange...I made a valid point about the left using poor logic in their attacks, and for that I was attacked, but none of my points were addressed or invalidated. In my response I brought up a VERY specific issue, one with which I've been arguing about for almost a year now, and have tons of available facts and figures and data with which to support my assertion. not only did the original "attacker" IGNORE it completely, YOU came out of nowhere, ignored the same assertion, and , in classic Hipchestian fashion, launched an ad hominem attack on me, utilizing the ultimate irony in calling it MY domain when, in fact, I'm the only person in the argument actually making and defending ANY argument at all.

And, yeah, Earnhardt fans are made up of a giant majority of backwards-assed Wal-Mart shopping tornado bait trailer park dwelling hilljacks...and their driver sucks, too...but that's not AH, that's smack talk...
Old 09-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #898
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 09-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #899
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 09-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #900
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ