Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
calsteeler
Banned

Member Number: 13235
Default Best Mock, so far I've seen...

Okay guys, peace. I'm sorry you all feel I hate Dan Rooney, or that some of your favorite players in this draft are not that good, or soft, at least to me. However, this 4 round Mock I saw, well I can live with it. Although i'm pretty sure most of you here would probably Sub the guy they have us taking in round 2, for the guy being taken early in round 3. I'll let you guys guess whom I'm talking about.

However, in its whole, I can live with this. I'd say I would give this a A-, or a high B+ Grade.

:http://www.kffl.com/article.php/100366/165
calsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,316 Times in 657 Posts
Default Re: Best Mock, so far I've seen...

I'd still be bitter about seeing that one. Kropog looked absolutely terrible in the Senior Bowl and is more like a 5th round selection IMO.

I'm a big Alex Mack fan, but If it set up that way I would rather see :
1. William Beatty OT
2. Jarron Gilbert DE
3. Antoine Caldwell G/C (or Louis Vasquez G)
4. Keenan Lewis CB
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

I got to say I think I like Gonzo's 4 pick better.

If we could land a 3rd or even a 4th round comp pick I would sure like to get a FS, maybe Sherrod Martin, or David Bruton.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
calsteeler
Banned

1. William Beatty OT
2. Jarron Gilbert DE
4. Keenan Lewis CB[/QUOTE]

I appreciate all your guys opinions. But can someone here please explain ALL the facinatioon over this nobodyJarron Gilbert. He wasn't even a marginal top-150 prospect this season until
SMmel Kiper decided he looked good in shorts, and Ran and lifted well at Indy. The guy had ALL his good numbers this past year against crummy teams, and was totally dominated in the two games that his team did play against.

I mean really guys, this player
is " Captain El Busto! "
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsteeler View Post
1. William Beatty OT
2. Jarron Gilbert DE
4. Keenan Lewis CB

I appreciate all your guys opinions. But can someone here please explain ALL the facinatioon over this nobodyJarron Gilbert. He wasn't even a marginal top-150 prospect this season until
SMmel Kiper decided he looked good in shorts, and Ran and lifted well at Indy. The guy had ALL his good numbers this past year against crummy teams, and was totally dominated in the two games that his team did play against.

I mean really guys, this player
is " Captain El Busto! "[/QUOTE]

I think before you go and start labelling people Capitan El Busto you should do a bit of research.

-Gilbert is the WAC defensive player of the year
-SF resident draft researcher LLT was pimping Gilbert as a 3rd round pick back in September
- he dominated at the East-West Shrine game (its an all star game in case you didnt know)

he proved to be arguably the most dominant presence at the East-West Shrine Game. The question for scouts now isn't whether Gilbert can play, but at which position to utilize his unique combination of size and athletic ability http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...lbert?id=79559

The kid had a great combine, outstanding year and could still be getting better. To say he wasnt even a top 150 prospect is just incorrect.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
The Definiti0n
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13192

any draft that has Mickens being a Steeler calsteeler is happy lol.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

These are the teams Gilbert played against.

UC Davis
Nebraska
San Diego St.
Stanford
Hawaii
Utah St.
New Mexico St.
Boise St.
Idaho
Louisiana Tech
Nevada
Fresno St.

He had
52 Tackles
9.5 Sacks
22 Tackles for loss
2 Forced Fumble.

You make up your own mind about him.
I say the young man can play on my team anytime.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
calsteeler
Banned

WAC Defensive player of the year ? Does the phrase,,,Oxymoron mean anything to you. I mean C'mon. That's like being voted the hottest chick in Cleveland :-) Texas fan mentioned the teams he has faced. Did you see he left out how non-existent he was against Nebraska ?..an average team at best. Boise State he had ONE sack, and it was after Boise cleared out all their O-Line starters, and after they had a big lead. I mean c'mon folks. DPOY in the WAC ?

Unless I'm wrong,,,and I never am, check the facts there definition. Former steeler HIGH 1st rounder, Huey Richardson was the SEC DPOY, even though the talk leading up in that draft was that he was horrible at the Senior Bowl and Combine drills. Oh he had a wonderful lists of measurables. 250 Lbs, 4.37 in the forty. 47 inch verticle, ,,ect. But most of his SEC stats came against weak teams.

And exactly what did this ALL WORLD SEC DPOY do for us definition ?????

Yeah, I thought so.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsteeler View Post
WAC Defensive player of the year ? Does the phrase,,,Oxymoron mean anything to you. I mean C'mon. That's like being voted the hottest chick in Cleveland :-) Texas fan mentioned the teams he has faced. Did you see he left out how non-existent he was against Nebraska ?..an average team at best. Boise State he had ONE sack, and it was after Boise cleared out all their O-Line starters, and after they had a big lead. I mean c'mon folks. DPOY in the WAC ?

Unless I'm wrong,,,and I never am, check the facts there definition. Former steeler HIGH 1st rounder, Huey Richardson was the SEC DPOY, even though the talk leading up in that draft was that he was horrible at the Senior Bowl and Combine drills. Oh he had a wonderful lists of measurables. 250 Lbs, 4.37 in the forty. 47 inch verticle, ,,ect. But most of his SEC stats came against weak teams.

And exactly what did this ALL WORLD SEC DPOY do for us definition ?????

Yeah, I thought so.
-So I guess the MAC offensive player of the year means nothing too huh??

-How about undrafted Linebackers from Kent State??

To you, Ryan Clady probably never blocked anybody because he played in the WAC I guess?

-A safety from the New Mexico Lobos had a pretty decent NFL career, but I guess the Mountain West Defensive player of the year is an "Oxymoron" too.

You said this guy (Gilbert) was never ranked in the top 150 and I was just pointing out that you were wrong. I never said that Huey Richardson was a good pick , so keep bringing up irrelevant facts in order to deflect from your incorrect assessments. It really shows your true character.

Gilbert was on the draft radar when the season started. Just like Kendall Langford was in 2007........but I guess to draft guru's like yourself, small schools like Hampton dont count.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #10
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

I didn't leave anything out, didn't add anything in.
If you chose to disregard the WAC defensive player of the year, thats fine. If you don't appreciate the teams he played against, good. If you want to ignore his play in an all star game, go ahead, but don't talk down to the rest of us for not worshiping at your alter, like some self appointed guardian of knowledge. If you can't talk like a grown man or woman, at least try not to act like an ass about it.

We all have our own opinion, and right now yours is not any more valid that anyone else's.

Simply, The Chief.