Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #11
The Definiti0n
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13192
Default Re: Best Mock, so far I've seen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsteeler View Post
WAC Defensive player of the year ? Does the phrase,,,Oxymoron mean anything to you. I mean C'mon. That's like being voted the hottest chick in Cleveland :-) Texas fan mentioned the teams he has faced. Did you see he left out how non-existent he was against Nebraska ?..an average team at best. Boise State he had ONE sack, and it was after Boise cleared out all their O-Line starters, and after they had a big lead. I mean c'mon folks. DPOY in the WAC ?

Unless I'm wrong,,,and I never am, check the facts there definition. Former steeler HIGH 1st rounder, Huey Richardson was the SEC DPOY, even though the talk leading up in that draft was that he was horrible at the Senior Bowl and Combine drills. Oh he had a wonderful lists of measurables. 250 Lbs, 4.37 in the forty. 47 inch verticle, ,,ect. But most of his SEC stats came against weak teams.

And exactly what did this ALL WORLD SEC DPOY do for us definition ?????

Yeah, I thought so.
Who are u refering too???
Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #12
calsteeler
Banned

Member Number: 13235

Def & Texas, I could careless who you personally like. Just like with my favorites, you guys may not like them. But facts are, this SJS DT was not considered a pre-season All-American. he's barely on the Great Blue north's top-100 list right now. And that guy is considered maybe the best talent evaluator around. He's been personally involved in most of the Giants selections. Look, if you are high for him definition, fine. Me, i feel he might be a decent player, but not at 32, and barely at 64. I know he won't last beyond that so if the steelers like him, they will have to take him there. Or depending on which way the wind is blowing with him, maybe trade up in round 2 for him.

It's just like me at 32. Several here have advocated a Tackle like Beatty, or Eben Britten. But to me, those guys are marginal players that may or may not workout. To me definition, I think the steelers may already have a very good RT this ytaining camp IF they use him in pre-season games, and let him run with the first teamers. And that is the Big kid Jason Cappizi. This guy showed me alot in training camp. We were lucky to steal him back off the waiver wire. He would definitely be better than that Idiot Willie Colon at RT. Then, let Colon, Stapelton, and maybe another drafted Guard battle for Simmons spot.

That to me Definition would be alot better than reaching for one of those OT's at 32. Hell I'd rather go with Mack at 32, or a DB than those two.
Although I do like beatty, but not that much. I still say the WR Nicks, IF he's still there is undoubtably the best value, and, a need as well.

But hey, to each his own.
calsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #13
The Definiti0n
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13192

I never mentioned Jarron Gilbert. I want Alphonso Smith. What are u talkin about.

Rd1. Alphonso smith
Rd2. Fili Moala
Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,907 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Definiti0n View Post
I never mentioned Jarron Gilbert. I want Alphonso Smith. What are u talkin about.

Rd1. Alphonso smith
Rd2. Fili Moala
Those would be 2 quality football players to add to the Steelers. I am just wondering who do you think we would add in round 3 that might have a chance at blocking for our RB's and keeping the sack totals under 40 this season???

The only guys I am thinking might be around in the 3rd is Trevor Cantwell or Alex Boone who might be able to play RT and let Colon slide inside. Or Louis Vasquez at guard just takes over for Stapleton. Behind our current line, I put the over under on concussions for Ben this year at 2.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,116 Times in 3,089 Posts

woohoo!

WAC love! urlacher was a freak for the lobos.

marshall faulk- sdsu

wasnt tcu in the WAC when ladainian tomlinson put up over 2000 yds and was thought to be a possible bust because of his level of competition?
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #16
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
woohoo!

WAC love! urlacher was a freak for the lobos.

marshall faulk- sdsu

wasnt tcu in the WAC when ladainian tomlinson put up over 2000 yds and was thought to be a possible bust because of his level of competition?
I think you are right about LT being in the WAC with that substandard level of competition. Just like Michael Turner at Northern Illinios and Brandon Jacobs at Southern Illinios.

But, I think the Lobos were in the Mountain West Conference when Urlacher was tearing it up. Good thing, because the MWC player of the year is god-like.....where the WAC DPOY is ..........."an oxymoron".
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
calsteeler
Banned

Member Number: 13235

Tomlinson is a bad example. Cause Tomlinson DID have several games against top Div-I teams during his time, and he had great performances in all. As where this DT had two games against good teams, yes one in his conference in Boise, and in both he was Invisable. And in both, they got crushed. It's just like Definition's boy Alphonso Smith, Oh he likes to " Pimp " his 21 career picks, and how he is a
" Play-maker " But, you know what I say ?,,,against whom ? Against which " Elite " teams/talented WR's did Smith dominate against ?

He went up against D.Heyward-Bey this year, and Bey KILLED him for 11 catches, 150 + Yds, and 2 TD's

Then last year, the true Sophmore, Nicks of UNC had a career high at that time of 8 catches for 124 Yds I believe, and a TD.

So again I put forth, yes 21 picks is nice and all, but when they are mostly coming against " North Eastern Le trade tech & Beauty school university :-),,you'll forgive me if I don't share in Definitions excitment.
calsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,116 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think you are right about LT being in the WAC with that substandard level of competition. Just like Michael Turner at Northern Illinios and Brandon Jacobs at Southern Illinios.

But, I think the Lobos were in the Mountain West Conference when Urlacher was tearing it up. Good thing, because the MWC player of the year is god-like.....where the WAC DPOY is ..........."an oxymoron".
were both half right. the WAC spun of the mountain teams during both their college careers. i guess they both became suddenly better when they no longer faced the shitty competition in the WAC.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #19
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsteeler View Post
Tomlinson is a bad example. Cause Tomlinson DID have several games against top Div-I teams during his time, and he had great performances in all. As where this DT had two games against good teams, yes one in his conference in Boise, and in both he was Invisable. And in both, they got crushed. It's just like Definition's boy Alphonso Smith, Oh he likes to " Pimp " his 21 career picks, and how he is a
" Play-maker " But, you know what I say ?,,,against whom ? Against which " Elite " teams/talented WR's did Smith dominate against ?

He went up against D.Heyward-Bey this year, and Bey KILLED him for 11 catches, 150 + Yds, and 2 TD's

Then last year, the true Sophmore, Nicks of UNC had a career high at that time of 8 catches for 124 Yds I believe, and a TD.

So again I put forth, yes 21 picks is nice and all, but when they are mostly coming against " North Eastern Le trade tech & Beauty school university :-),,you'll forgive me if I don't share in Definitions excitment.
I'm fine with you not being excited about Smith.

But, if you wanna throw out statements that are flat out false like "the WAC DPOTY is an oxymoron" "Alex Mack is soft" or "the Rooneys are cheap", then you have to expect responses with supporting evidence.

Open your mind a bit and you might just understand that its possible for a DT to not record a ton of sacks and still be considered a top 50 talent in the draft and be a Defensive player of the year in his conference.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

I guess Larry English is a reach in the 1st round because he was in the MAC
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote