Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #21
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172
Default Re: A few minor cons of marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Ok, time for a chick to weigh in here lol.

While I'm not married just yet, we have been engaged for 2 years and living together for almost 4. There are definitely things that get on my nerves already that I thought were cute and quirky when we were just dating.

1) Must every guy lick their fingers when their done eating a meal. Isn't that what napkins and soap and water are for?
2) (Kind of goes with 1) Do you really have to eat every meal like it is the first and last thing you're ever going to eat? SLOW DOWN! Chew your food and swallow before shoving the next huge bite into your mouth!
3) I'm an easy going gal, I like to think I give my fiance enough space (i.e. he gets to go out and browse and shop for whatever he wants whenever, I'll leave the room if he's watching something I don't want to watch, and I like my personal space in general so I try not to crowd), but is it really necessary to spend a half hour on the toilet? It takes me 5 minutes or less to "do my business"...what's up with that?
4) Sports...I love hockey and football, but while my fiance likes watching hockey and football games with me, I get the glazed over look if I try to talk about the game afterwards. In his defense I get the same way when he goes on about music and the band sometimes, but I get chastised for it where I'll typically let it go when he does it. Sigh.
5) Eye rolls anytime I ask him to do the dishes or walk the dog or...god forbid...do his own laundry once in a while.

There's more, but I'll stop here (for now). I love him and we get along great and I know there's stupid things I do that annoy him, but just felt a girls opinion needed to be voiced here lol.

answers (ya i hear ya already say yeah riiiiggggghhhhhtttt!)

1. you have to eat it all it is a man law and there is some on your fingers lick away (doesnt that turn chicks on?).

2. Being married and asked to do plumbing, yard work and ELECTRICAL work it might be your last meal so you gotta enjoy it!!

3. if he is spending a half hour on the toilet time to buy some fiber pills or prunce juice!

4. my wifey is a cryboys & stars fan and when i go on about the steelers or blackhawks game i get teh SIGH and if i dont stop look .

5. Eye rolling is not allowed that is a 5 min major in my house.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #22
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Why is it the only time they want to "talk" is in the middle of a game? Then they think your ignoring them.

Only time mine talks is when she is yelling at me. And by the way why is it whenever you take them out to eat and you ask them where they wanna go and they reply i dont care wherever?? That annoys the piss out of me. You pull in somewhere and they are like I dont wanna go here. Cuts through me like a hot knife in butter.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #23
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiselPower99 View Post
Only time mine talks is when she is yelling at me. And by the way why is it whenever you take them out to eat and you ask them where they wanna go and they reply i dont care wherever?? That annoys the piss out of me. You pull in somewhere and they are like I dont wanna go here. Cuts through me like a hot knife in butter.
I'm definitely guilty of this one a lot, and I know it annoys him. But I really mean it, I'm not a picky eater at all (and he is) so unless I'm really craving something specific I'd much rather him choose where he wants to go and just pick something I want from there. I get tired of having to explain this anytime we go grocery shopping or out to eat...I tell you, it's tough to plan meals around a picky eater who's also indecisive lol.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I'm definitely guilty of this one a lot, and I know it annoys him. But I really mean it, I'm not a picky eater at all (and he is) so unless I'm really craving something specific I'd much rather him choose where he wants to go and just pick something I want from there.
i hate this one.

i'll eat the ass out of a skunk.... or a skunk out of an ass.

why is it whenever i am given the choice it is always the WRONG ONE?

i guess thats why i do all the cooking. i always get good food and nobody can complain because i am the one putting in all the effort.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:06 AM   #25
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
1. you have to eat it all it is a man law and there is some on your fingers lick away (doesnt that turn chicks on?).
I thought that was only when ya lick can your eyebrows.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 AM   #26
hindes204
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 7614

This thread is funny as hell...only because i feel your guys pain. i am also married, and i dream of the great things i could buy if i wasnt. dont get me wrong, i love my wife, but somewhere along the line, my money turned into "family funds"....throw in two step kids (teenagers), and the money just seems to dissapear, and its definately not going towards things i want...but, marriage is a constant compromise.

And what is it with women never admitting they are wrong. When im wrong, i admit it, i apologize, and she stays mad for days....when shes wrong, she doesnt admit it, doesnt apologize, AND THEN GETS MAD AT ME FOR DAYS (i dont know why either)

The restaraunt thing...makes me want to rip my (&*(^&*%^ hair out....she says she doesnt care, and regaurdless of where i pick, ITs WRONG.

And another thing...why cant we have sex...its fun, were married, you used to enjoy it prior to marriage.....i think women are insane...seriously

AND DO YOU REALLY NEED A $200 HAIRCUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, just to re-itterate...I love my wife

i think im done.....i could go on but i will just go nuts

Last edited by hindes204; 03-17-2009 at 05:50 AM.
hindes204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 AM   #27
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

I can't complain about a lack of sex...there's not a shortage there. The only thing that prevents us from having sex is late in her pregnancies. (We're on kid number 6 right now...so it's tailed of some in the last month).

The key to great marriages is focused communication. Slow down your delivery...because it seems that men and women speak semi-different versions of the same language.

I agree about the restaurants thing. I will find something to eat no matter where we go. My pet peeve with my wife is when we have to go somewhere that I've never been before. I have no problem with asking for directions...and Yahoo! Maps is a great lil feature on the internet. I'll use them. So if you tell me you know where you're going, I might sometimes avoid that route and just go with it. However, don't wait until I'm driving through the cross walk to tell me I have to turn left or right. GRRRR

Also, if you have to think of men and women as animals...think of men like dogs and women like cats.

Dogs - Easy to train, a little likely to go astray if left alone, obliviously happy even after they've been scolded if you show them just a little bit of attention. Will eat nearly anything. Willing to forgive and forget nearly anything.

Cats - Can be trained, but it may not be worth the scratches. (My wife is "trained" and it was worth it to me.) While they may forgive, they never forget...and even their forgiveness has to be looked at closely. They determine whether they want your attention or not...but if you slip up in the slightest about giving them the attention they want when (and how) they want it...look out. Can be amongst the most finicky eaters out there.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #28
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Here's a few arrangements my wife and I made prior to our marriage:

1) I wore a kilt at my wedding
2) I was getting a child
3) She does the yard work
4) I clean the house
5) She cooks (well I might add)
6) I do the dishes (unless I get the kids to do it)
7) I take care of THE PRINCESS 90% of the time

Now here are the things that were never mentioned:

1) She gets to change her mind up to the very last second and possibly while already having previous plans in action
2) She (thinks) gets to tell me what to do and how to do it
3) I have to make my mind up on things pretty much instantly, she gets as much time as she needs even if it means we miss something
4) I'm required to sit down and watch chick flicks but it's ok for her to NOT watch football -specifically STEELERS FOOTBALL.
5) I'm suppose to help in the yard and watch the kid at the same time (has anyone figured out how to watch a kid from around the corner).

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:59 AM   #29
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
(has anyone figured out how to watch a kid from around the corner).

Yes in fact. Buy a Doberman, female. They act like mother hens with children and bark at them if they try to leave the yard and even heard them back to the house.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #30
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Well, these are all sound reasons to never, ever get married. I like my independence, thank you very much!