Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
calsteeler
Banned

Member Number: 13235
Default Any Steeler interest in a Bengal?

Just a little snip from kffl:

Bengals | L. Jones' future in doubt?
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:44:17 -0700
Joe Reedy, of The Cincinnati Enquirer, reports with the Cincinnati Bengals looking at taking an offensive tackle with the sixth pick in the NFL Draft, OT Levi Jones' status with the team appears to be in doubt. Should the Bengals select one of the top tackle prospects available, Jones could be traded or released.

Okay fans, just speculation here but, if Levi is released, it will not be for Cap reasons cause Cincy is way under the cap, and if they did select a O-Linemen with their 1st rounder, he would make more money then what Jones is going to make. I know Cincinnati was a train wreck this year. But in seasons past, Levi was a very good O-Linemen as I remember. He isn't that old at 29, and, he might make a better starting RT then anyone we have, and he might like the idea of not only playing on a team that will play in January. but sticking it to his old bosses IF he is indeed released.

As stated, if this happens, is there any interest from you fans ? or do you think there would be from Pittsburgh ?
calsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Re: Any Steeler interest in a Bengal ?

nada...he's a Bungle & thus has the stench of loser on him.

Tide doesn't wash that out.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

The coaching staff really likes Colon at RT and...according to the beat writers...are reluctant to move him. Thus, we already have our RT.

Levi won't be a Steeler.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

By most accounts, Jones' injuries are far worse than Smith's or Simmons.

This ain't happenin'...and we can't afford it anyway.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
calsteeler
Banned

Member Number: 13235

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
nada...he's a Bungle & thus has the stench of loser on him.

Tide doesn't wash that out.

Ah, I have three words for you my delusional friend....KIMO...VON....OELHOFFEN!!

Ah, was HE a " loser " ? Last time I chacked, not only does he have a SB ring from our SB win against Seattle. but, he maybe was the SOLE reason we went on to even moved past those same Bengals in those playoffs if it weren't for his Hit on Carson Palmer.

As for the rest of you,,,Levi, more of a Injury History than Smith, or Simmons ? I'm sorry fans but this cat is just plain Dumb, and misinformed. Levi didn't miss a single game his first 4 seasons. And missed 11 two years ago, but that was just an injury...period. Not a history of injuries.

And the Colon comment is just ridiculous as well. This shows me that this fan has not watched, or paid ANY attention to Colon's play the past,,,Oh,,,since we drafted the stiff!! yeah, the Steeler coaches LOVE him so much at RT, i guess that's why they tenured him at the lowest possible tenure, and signed him to only a single year :-)

Laughable my friend.
calsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,093 Posts
Default Re: Any Steeler interest in a Bengal?

maybe miami would like to get j. porter a punching bag for work outs.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
The coaching staff really likes Colon at RT and...according to the beat writers...are reluctant to move him.
What do they see in Colon? I'm not "getting it".

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
What do they see in Colon? I'm not "getting it".
I think you'd have to be a proctologist to see something in Colon.

But seriously, if El-Gonzo thinks T-rex is decent, I wonder if he's really that bad. Plus he's young, hard working and has a great attitude. Hopefully he will improve this year, and next.....

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsteeler View Post
And the Colon comment is just ridiculous as well. This shows me that this fan has not watched, or paid ANY attention to Colon's play the past,,,Oh,,,since we drafted the stiff!! yeah, the Steeler coaches LOVE him so much at RT, i guess that's why they tenured him at the lowest possible tenure, and signed him to only a single year :-)
I actually thought they signed him to the high-level tender that meant we'd get a first-round pick of someone signed him away. And I also thought that with a restricted free agent, all you CAN offer them is a one-year contract, unless you work out a long-term deal separate from the RFA rules.

Anyway, we've got a need at both tackle positions ... dumping salary at LT, consistency at RT. I'd be in favor of anyone who could help that, short of Bin Laden.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by calsteeler View Post
Ah, I have three words for you my delusional friend....KIMO...VON....OELHOFFEN!!

Ah, was HE a " loser " ? Last time I chacked, not only does he have a SB ring from our SB win against Seattle. but, he maybe was the SOLE reason we went on to even moved past those same Bengals in those playoffs if it weren't for his Hit on Carson Palmer.

As for the rest of you,,,Levi, more of a Injury History than Smith, or Simmons ? I'm sorry fans but this cat is just plain Dumb, and misinformed. Levi didn't miss a single game his first 4 seasons. And missed 11 two years ago, but that was just an injury...period. Not a history of injuries.

Laughable my friend.
I didn't say a history of injuries, I said the dude is done. He is severly injured. Why else would they dump him 2 years into a 5 year deal? Even the usually retarded Bengals fans are way out in front of you on this one. THEY don't want him back because he is toast.

But I have to admit I'm enjoying watching you post. You are rapidly becoming the Dwight Shrute of Steelersfever.