Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 PM   #21
steelwall
Head Coach
 
steelwall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Member Number: 8225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

I'm F'N speechless.........
__________________
steelwall is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #22
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter
 
devilsdancefloor's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Posts: 4,015
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im one who believes our veterans should receive special treatment such as a free college education, medical coverage for life, medical coverage for their college student kids. etc...

but why pay twice for the same thing?

i work federal govt. contracts. ALL workers receive "health and welfare" as part of their pay that the employer (or union) uses for health care or it is paid to them in cash and taxed as income.

50% of my employees lose 3 bucks an hour that used to be paid to them in cash for private insurance that they dont even use because they are military retiree's, dependants, or go to the VA.

the govt is paying twice, for the same amount of coverage for a single person.

whats the point of that?

the other alternative is take away the "health and welfare" benefits from ex-military who are already covered, but that wouldnt be "fair", now would it?

why should the insurance companies profit from coverage they know they will never have to provide?



probably because its just spin from the "obama is evil" faction.

ya that vast right wing conspiracy

wanna save money then i say wwe get rid of some of the war on freaking poverty! there are so many redundant programs it is sickening, but profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter that lets take away from the guys and gals who put it on the line ever profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering day!
__________________
Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your ass off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.


devilsdancefloor is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #23
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,154
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,664
Thanked 4,960 Times in 1,847 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Makes a guy wanna run out and sign up.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #24
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Of course the Insurance Industry that the Democrats have labeled the new axis of evil, will just gladly absorb the extra cost and make sure everyones happy and taken care of at no extra expense.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,255
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 8,186 Times in 3,488 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
there are so many redundant programs it is sickening,
exactly. i appreciate the veterans. doesnt mean we need 5 different entities collecting casth for the cost of their medical coverage.

its either 1 or the other. not both.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #26
steelwall
Head Coach
 
steelwall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Member Number: 8225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im one who believes our veterans should receive special treatment such as a free college education, medical coverage for life, medical coverage for their college student kids. etc...

but why pay twice for the same thing?

i work federal govt. contracts. ALL workers receive "health and welfare" as part of their pay that the employer (or union) uses for health care or it is paid to them in cash and taxed as income.

50% of my employees lose 3 bucks an hour that used to be paid to them in cash for private insurance that they dont even use because they are military retiree's, dependants, or go to the VA.

the govt is paying twice, for the same amount of coverage for a single person.

whats the point of that?

the other alternative is take away the "health and welfare" benefits from ex-military who are already covered, but that wouldnt be "fair", now would it?

why should the insurance companies profit from coverage they know they will never have to provide?



probably because its just spin from the "obama is evil" faction.
What you're saying may be true, but why not pass a law not allowing the private insurace company to not take that money away from 50% of your employees if they are covered due to military service? Why snach the rug out from under my feet, when I can think of a 1000 better ways for the government to save money, without looking like total Jagoffs to the men and women who protect them??
__________________
steelwall is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,255
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 8,186 Times in 3,488 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
What you're saying may be true, but why not pass a law not allowing the private insurace company to not take that money away from 50% of your employees if they are covered due to military service? Why snach the rug out from under my feet, when I can think of a 1000 better ways for the government to save money, without looking like total Jagoffs to the men and women who protect them??


no... it IS true.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Of course the Insurance Industry that the Democrats have labeled the new axis of evil, will just gladly absorb the extra cost and make sure everyones happy and taken care of at no extra expense.
texasteel, care to answer this one?

like i said. its one or the other. does the VA pay automobile insurance for veterans? no.

if you are in a car accident and you are not at fault (assuming both drivers are insured) do both insurance companies pay (what amounts to double) for a single repair? no.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now  
Old 03-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #28
steelwall
Head Coach
 
steelwall's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Member Number: 8225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post


no... it IS true.



texasteel, care to answer this one?

like i said. its one or the other. does the VA pay automobile insurance for veterans? no.

if you are in a car accident and you are not at fault (assuming both drivers are insured) do both insurance companies pay (what amounts to double) for a single repair? no.
Whatever...duh I know that. Like I said....I can think of 1000 better ways for the government to save money, pork fat must be running down the streets in D.C.

It's in poor taste Toney, and will upset alot of people.
__________________
steelwall is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #29
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,478
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 175
Thanked 948 Times in 361 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
like i said. its one or the other. does the VA pay automobile insurance for veterans? no.
I worked for the federal government myself for 13 years. In that time, I worked with a lot of military retirees. And pretty much all of them that I knew of waived coverage under FEHB (Federal Employees Health Benefits) as they were already covered by VA/CHAMPUS (now TRICARE). Not much "double-dipping" there.
fansince'76 is offline  
Old 03-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,255
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 8,186 Times in 3,488 Posts
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I worked for the federal government myself for 13 years. In that time, I worked with a lot of military retirees. And pretty much all of them that I knew of waived coverage under FEHB (Federal Employees Health Benefits) as they were already covered by VA/CHAMPUS (now TRICARE). Not much "double-dipping" there.
did they voluntarily give that money back to the government or did they accept those "benefits" in the form of taxable income?

and how long ago was this? were chasing a moving target and the laws and rules are changing. plus businesses are finding it cheaper to simply shop for a bulk healthcare plan, as opposed to giving the benefits to employees in the form of cash, and allowing them to shop for themselves.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts