Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #61
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: WTF? INEXCUSABLE!

Where is this heading?

Let's put it this way. If the armed forces end up having to get private insurance, what do you think their premiums will be? What does an actuarial chart have to say about soldiers in war?

This is kind of a moot point anyway. Obama will NEVER get this through. The backlash is already immense...
Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #62
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
Is he seriously trying to cause a rebellion or a revolt?
He is going to have a Civil War or a New Revolution on his hand if he isn't careful...

even Thomas Jefferson said that there should be a Revolution every 20 years-----it may be about time
Old 03-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #63
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indo View Post
He is going to have a Civil War or a New Revolution on his hand if he isn't careful...

even Thomas Jefferson said that there should be a Revolution every 20 years-----it may be about time
That's a bit of a reach. There are very few people willing to cross the line into a Civil War/New Revolution. Most of those with the brass to do it are too old to fight the fight themselves...and their kids are too busy playing Call of Duty on their Xbox.

Even if there was, most of our military will side with BO, whether we agree with him or not...and that would lead to a lot of wholesale slaughter on the oppositions part.

Civil Wars and Revolutions occur only when things are entirely too damaging...and I don't believe that the current administration (Congressional and Presidential) is so bad as to lead/force us down that path.

So, please, join us back here on Earth. Kick off your shoes and stay awhile.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #64
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Call of Duty would actually be a good training module for fighting...right?

Chuck Norris says that there are already armed groups ready for the Revolt. No matter what happens, I think I'll side with Chuck, cause he's that bad arse!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #65
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Call of Duty would actually be a good training module for fighting...right?

Chuck Norris says that there are already armed groups ready for the Revolt. No matter what happens, I think I'll side with Chuck, cause he's that bad arse!
CoD is a great training module! It's almost like having real bullets zing by your head...and if a bullet fires into the dirt where you are looking, you acutally need to wipe your eyes to clear the crap out.

I have no doubt that there are several armed groups ready for a Revolt. Most of them are old guys (and their young brainwashed kids) who pose minimal threat in the grand scheme of things. I've seen "The Hills Have Eyes"...I'm aware of what these groups are capable of if you stumble on them unexpected like.

The only thing that frightens me about his revolt is that he might roundhouse kick the bullets back at me. The concussion from his foot breaking the sound barrier alone is devastating to most ground troops...as we'll need special Kevlar in order to avoid having our heart stopped upon impact.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #66
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post

Never asked you to bow down, never complained about my service, I only worship one God, and I'm fully aware I volunteered, never claimed to be an internet tuff guy, my combat record speaks for itself, what kind of record do you have? You act like because we "volunteered that makes us less of a respectable soldier does it not mean that the men and women who volunteered during war time are at very least brave? That arguement you put forth about respecting those that were drafted are more fitting of respect is horseshit.

You are slap full of B.S. and you don't realize it, but you are in your own right a master of deflection. .
we??? do you got a mouse in your pocket or are you and HOTdoG connected at the hip?

this is the horseshit portion of the conversation where you completely misrepresent and distort my post and then run off to a seperate social forum and whine that i make disrespectful remarks about the military and am trying to get under your skin.

here is EXACTLY what i said to hammer- not to YOU or anyone else who served.

Quote:
your sense of entitlement is disgusting. you may have earned the paycheck my tax dollars helped pay for, but that most certainly doesnt entitle you to my respect. you havent done jack shit to earn that.

you volunteered to join the military, yet you sound like the black people who wanna sue the govt for their ancestors being enslaved.

i will freeley give my respect to any enlisted veteran who was drafted and served who bitches half as much as you do.
maybe you should quit internalizing everything i say. how the hell do you get out of that, that i dont respect volunteers or think they are brave.

i will type slowly and hopefully make this crystal clear for you... i respect anyones service. i respect the time HOTG put in, and the job he did, as well as you or anyone else.

but i sure as hell dont respect him as a person. he hasnt earned that, yet automatically expects it. i think he acts like a hot headed blowhard who sits atop a pedestal of entitlement, and his recent posts to preacher and myself prove that.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #67
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

What a joke this decision is.

The sad part is no one is even defending this. Everyone except the hopelessly blinded liberals who wouldn't say a negative thing about President Obama are just pretending the story isn't here. What happened to all of the Obama supporters who were swarming these boards not a month ago? Iím interested to hear their take but there isn't a single one left with any kind of logical brain for politics. The few who are still here fighting for him on this issue aren't relevant due to their obvious Democratic worship.

I can honestly say I'm really disappointed in the decision he made outlined in the articles. Hopefully President Obama can make some better choices in the coming days! It seems like every time he gets a +1 from me, the President has to turn around and do something which causes a -5. I'm really hoping that changes.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #68
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,057 Times in 2,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post

The sad part is no one is even defending this. Everyone except the hopelessly blinded liberals who wouldn't say a negative thing about President Obama are just pretending the story isn't here. What happened to all of the Obama supporters who were swarming these boards not a month ago? Iím interested to hear their take but there isn't a single one left with any kind of logical brain for politics. The few who are still here fighting for him on this issue aren't relevant due to their obvious Democratic worship.

I can honestly say I'm really disappointed in the decision he made outlined in the articles. Hopefully President Obama can make some better choices in the coming days! It seems like every time he gets a +1 from me, the President has to turn around and do something which causes a -5. I'm really hoping that changes.
what "decision"?

actually dont even bother answering that. enjoy your lunch.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #69
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post

He's taken it off the table, dude. Links have been posted pointing that out.

/THREAD
Old 03-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #70
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
He's taken it off the table, dude. Links have been posted pointing that out.

/THREAD
Think that's a good idea at this point.
Closed Thread