Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
fla.girl.surprising.bf
Water Boy

Member Number: 14474
Default steelers - ravens ticket help!

hi everyone. first of all, let me clarify by saying i know NOTHING about football other than i make snacks and drink beer when we watch games at home. my boyfriend is a steelers fan and has been all his life. i'm thinking about surprising him with tickets to the steelers-ravens game in december, but i have no idea what good tickets are!

if you are/were going to the dec. 27 ravens game, where would you want to sit? is it worth it to pay extra for the lower bowl, or is upper bowl okay? what yardline is best to sit near?

honestly, i feel a little clueless about all this but really want to pull off this surprise for him. so THANK YOU so much for any information and insight you have!!!
fla.girl.surprising.bf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: steelers - ravens ticket help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla.girl.surprising.bf View Post
hi everyone. first of all, let me clarify by saying i know NOTHING about football other than i make snacks and drink beer when we watch games at home. my boyfriend is a steelers fan and has been all his life. i'm thinking about surprising him with tickets to the steelers-ravens game in december, but i have no idea what good tickets are!

if you are/were going to the dec. 27 ravens game, where would you want to sit? is it worth it to pay extra for the lower bowl, or is upper bowl okay? what yardline is best to sit near?

honestly, i feel a little clueless about all this but really want to pull off this surprise for him. so THANK YOU so much for any information and insight you have!!!
I prefer to sit between the 30's..either in the top of the lower bowl or the bottom of the upperbowl. But if he has not been to a game...dont sweat it...any seat is a great gift!!!!

Not sure how much you are planning on spending?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Go to Stubhub.com You pay the price plus a small commission fee. Umm if its his first game yes every seat rocks in that house, the worst are the upper level bleachers at the south end, Because when the action is at the other side of the field you can't see a thing. Even the upper level sides are amazing all the way to the top(believe me I've been there). And on that site it shows you where the seats are at on the map and the more expensive the better seating. Hope that helps good luck and GO STEELERS!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
fla.girl.surprising.bf
Water Boy

thanks so much for the feedback! stubhub is a big help - i've been looking at ebay so far. i'd like to keep it at $300 a pair, but it looks like i need to be ready to spend up to $500 for really good seats.

even though it's his first game, it's probably worth it to pay extra for the lower bowl to enhance the experience, i think. upper bowls don't seem to be THAT much cheaper, especially since we'll be flying from florida and paying airfare, hotel, etc. i think i'll keep my spending priority so that the seats are on the sides and not the ends.

i really appreciate the input. and yes, go steelers! :)
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 AM   #5
DaPhonz
Water Boy

Member Number: 14157

It hasn't been said yet, but you rule as a girlfriend. Personally I've only sat in the South bleachers (Sec 527 and 518), but the fan experience is still awesome. I'd agree that there isn't a bad seat to have.

DaPhonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
fla.girl.surprising.bf
Water Boy

lol - thanks for the compliment! i bought tickets from a season ticket holder on ebay (they seemed a little cheaper than stubhub and the ticket city link from this website)...now i just have to keep it a secret for three months!!!

thank you again for all the help and cheers to kick-a$$ season!!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Good for you, glad you found some, glad you didnt go with Stubhub, they suck.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #8
grinch111
Water Boy

Member Number: 15127

I just got my tickets for this game today, Im absolutly pumped to finaly make it to the mothership. I got 2 tickets from stubhub for a grand total of $676.93. They are section112 row t. The description from stubhub says 12 rows behind railing but if you count from A that would make it 20 rows back. My fiancÚ and I will be driving down from luzerne county. Has anyone sat in this section?
grinch111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
tat2
Water Boy

Member Number: 14955

fla.girl, your boyfriend is a lucky man! if things don't work out between you two pm me (if you're into old, fat, half blind, half deaf unemployed white guys)! jk about the unemployed part. hope you guys have a great time!
tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #10
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

best. girlfriend EVERRR! Will you be my girlfriend? I'm a girl and not really into girls but I could totally fake it for one day ;) Kidding of course! I think this rocks your boyf is going to love you for life!!! GOOD LUCK GETTING TICKETS! I wish I could be home to go to either of these games. (I'm from Maryland, but live in Alabama). And I'm SO over listening to my MD pals give me crap for being a Steelers fan. I hope we smash the Ravens!